2008 Mazda CX-9

Based on 275 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

So many options for such a great value!

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "great features, great value, handles very well"

Cons: "no rear heated seats, no air cooled seats"

"I bought this SUV new after spending months comparison shopping several makes and models. I wanted all of the features of the best Audi Q7 at half the price. I got the top of the line touring edition with two tone leather interior, power liftgate, back up camera, wireless bluetooth, tow package, roof rack, bose, auto dimming mirrors, heated seats, 3 different climate control sections, 6 disc cd changer, satellite radio, AWD, V6... all the bells and whistles of the Audi at the Mazda price, just what I wanted! I am very happy with my purchase and everyone who rides in my SUV always compliments what a nice ride it is. I highly recommend this SUV. It drives like a racecar and has all the space and comforts I wanted for a comfortable road trip, plus the handling to drive in ice and snow so I can drive my friends up the passes to go skiing!"

A Sporty Alternative To Traditional SUVs

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

"Excellent value. Not sure why anyone would purchase a BMW X5 or Mercedes M Class, when this car is available for half the cost. Car handles extremely well, is very quiet, and rides comfortably although it does have a slightly firm suspension - not harsh, just not plush like a Highlander. Interior is well done with all the amenities. 3rd row is convenient - 2nd row seating can be moved forward to create additional room for 3rd row. Gas mileage is so-so - I get 17 in city driving, 21-22 on highway (at 75 mph). Previous car was a Highlander which had a nice ride, but didn't exactly inspire confidence at highway speeds."

great service, great ride

By on Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive and priced right"

"this grand touring has been the best vehicle i have owned out of 22 cars that ive owned. handles like a nimble sedan and is a dream on the road. I have driven 70,000 highway miles in 2 years and it has never disappointed me. Ive had it serviced regularly, put new tires on at 50,000 miles and had the transmission serviced as recommended. NO repairs have been needed. I keep asking the shop to check and see if the brakes need servicing, but not yet."

Great family vehicle

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, Great Looking, Good Power"

Cons: "Terrible mileage"

"We bought this with the rear entertainment system and it's a great overall vehicle for both long and short trips. The only complaint I have is that the gas mileage is terrible. I use it for 95% in-town driving and see about 14 MPG, nowhere NEAR the advertised ratings."

It's not perfect, but it's darn close!

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, spacious, very comfortable, pretty"

Cons: "not very good on gas"

"I just bought a 2012 CPO (certified pre-owned)Mazda CX9 on Black Friday. I've been eyeballing CX9s for years, but didn't want to wait to make a move until my current vehicle kicked the bucket. Anyway, I bought the Touring model in Dolphin Gray Mica with black leather. I wanted white, but I've been very pleased with the gray. It's very pretty and is easy to keep clean (so far). I love everything about it except the mpg, but I knew it wasn't going to be good, so it wasn't a shocker. It rides so smoothly, has lots of space and is good-looking. It's also very easy to see out of, which was important to me. The Honda Pilot's back window is too big and the Traverse's back window is too small. The CX9 is perfect. I love the design and the layout. I'm very pleased with my purchase. No regrets here!"