2007 Mazda CX-9

Based on 278 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Great Car Super Reliable we put 190000 miles on it

By on Monday, August 15, 2016

Pros: "Reliable and very comfortable."

Cons: "Door leaks air. Cost"

"Great car small door leak wind whistles through it that is our only complaint. We drove this car to 190000 miles only having to change the brakes. Highly recommended.!"

Very Nice Drive, Fit, Finish, Quality

By on Monday, September 2, 2013

Pros: "Handling, Safe Feel, Look, Functionality, Sexy"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I purchased this vehicle in Jan of 2013. My initial impression was how substantual and crisp the drive and handling were. I feel like if I hit another car, I would be ok without a seatbelt and would quite frankly destroy the other car. I take it over to Eastern WA and over the mountain passes. It's the first vehicle that I feel entirely safe in... and can bully those 18 wheel semis on those hairpin turns!!! It's a bit thirsty around town, bummer to see 16 MPG. Highway is a true 23 MPG. Handling is crisp and nimble, ride is appointed, not stiff but you feel bumps at times. I have the Grand Touring. I love my Bose and the interior is super nice. It's the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. It is my favorite vehicle ever! I would test drive one asap if you're in the market for SUV or CUV."

Excellent Vehicle

By on Sunday, February 10, 2008

"We previously owned a VW Touraeg and needed to upgrade to something w/a 3rd row. We looked at all the usual suspects in this vehicle class...Toyota Highlander, Acura MDX, Buick Enclave, etc. None of them drove as smoothly, handled as well or had the ZIP of the CX-9. Throw in the economical price as the trump card and it was an irresistable choice. We ended up buying the a black on black Touring edition with the Bose package. So far zero issues. Only small complaint is the lack of a trip computer...also there is no audible warning when the gas light comes on, so pay attention. We gave up some luxury features moving from the Touraeg, but the CX-9's performance, handling and economy have more than made up for the difference. I would highly recommend this vehicle."

Actually a great car but...

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"the gas mileage absolutely stinks! The very best on a really long highway drive was 21.5 but city/highway combined-barely 16mpg."

Provides lots of sport

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Price, ride, handling, utility, regular gas"

Cons: "Dated navigation, spare tire placement"

my 2010 Mazda CX-9 on delivery day

"I like the ride and handling of the CX-9. It is not as luxurious as its up market competition but the Grand Touring version has all of the features I need. For the price I paid, it was a bargain. It can cart 101 cubic feet of stuff with the second and third rows folded and with the standard (GT version) Bose audio, navigation, Bluetooth, and blind spot monitors it provides welcome entertainment and information during the haul. It is also nice that it drinks from the regular unleaded pond. It is a worthy member of the zoom-zoom clan."

my 2010 Mazda CX-9 on delivery day

Very good choice

By on Sunday, November 4, 2007

"I drove BMW's for a long time. When my last BMW X3 lease was finished I (at 74) decided to look at other brands which gave me the same or close overall performance. I ended up with the CX-9. I have driven this model for about one year on all kinds of roads and I am very satisfied."

Great family vehicle

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "fast, quiet, rides good, comfortable seating"

Cons: "gas mileage, trying to get in the 3rd row"

"I have only had one problem out of this vehicle in 85,000. The air conditioning cabin filter got clogged and would not let the condensation out of the vehicle and shorted out my AC fan. It was a maintainace mistake on my part. One of the best SUV's out there"

Love it!

By on Sunday, September 26, 2010

"We bought this car when we only had 1 child. A week later we found out we were expecting another! So happy we went for the bigger CUV. I love that it feels like you are driving a car, handles almost like one too. Roomy for 2 cars seats and an adult in the back seat, have only used the 3rd row a few times for kids/teenagers, they fit fine just hard to get back there due to the car seats being in the way of the fold down to get back there. Love that the 2nd row is on sliders, the rear hatch is easy to open and close one handed (I'm a small female) and plenty of room for a single and double stroller. Perfect height to slide the strollers easliy in and out. Wish it had a bit more storage space for cd's, sunglasses, etc. My husband hates the gas mileage! Barely 17 around town if I'm easy on it. The only issue we had was the relay sensor went bad, super easy to fix, not a huge deal. And the door checks creak ALOT but I am in and out of all the doors many times everyday! Overall, I LOVE IT!"

2008 Basic Sport Model

By on Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"We have had the basic model for almost six months now. We are very pleased with its performance and style. Not too many CX-9's out there, so we still get a lot of stares. The MPG in the city is a bit dissapointing (our mini-Van got a bit better gas-mileage, go figure!) But when you compare it to other cross-overs, it's actually competitive, and better yet when compared to SUV's like the Tahoe, Explorer, Outlook, etc. When cruising on the freeway, you can hear the wind as if a window was slightly open....the only complain we have. Othewise, we are totally happy with it!"

Holding Up Well!

By on Thursday, February 19, 2009

"This my family's only vehicle and my wife and I are running this into the ground (55k+ already)! We have been doing regular maintenance and haven't had any problems so far. I think it may be a bit pricey, but as long as it can handle what we dish out then it's well worth it!"