2007 Mazda CX-7

7.8

Based on 339 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Fun Driving Crossover!

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Appearance, price, value, sportiness"

Cons: "A little underpowered"

"I've now had this car for a little over a year, this is my second Mazda. It is so much fun to drive! My girlfriend has a CRV, and I can't stand the sloppy steering, my CX is nimble with great road feedback. I love the sportshift on mountain and hilly roads. Gas mileage has been pretty decent, I drive mostly freeways and average 26 mpg, not so good around town, but a recent trip to Vegas got me almost 30! I do wish there was a little more power out of the 4cyl, but 95% of the time, it's plenty adequate. Love the Bluetooth and back up camera. I plan on doing what I did with my last Mazda, and driving it for ten years and racking up the miles! My protege only required oil, brakes, tires, belts, and a muffler in 150k miles, and I think my CX will do the same!"

I hate this car!

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"My husband and I both leased this vehicle in February of 08'. Both of us HATE this car! Our main complaints are: Not fuel efficient at all... At a minimum I drive 40 miles a day (To and from work) thats a quarter tank of gas right there! Plus the car requires Premium fuel for the best torque results. Pick up: There about a 3-4 second delay for any pick up. You have to floor it to get any results. I use three highways , twice a day and quick pick up is a must.. Not with this car! I had a Nissan Murano and I kick myself on a daily that I didnt keep the car. What a difference in pick up, noise and fuel. The engine in the CX7 is soooo loud and you feel each shift in gears. When you try to slow down gradually, you feel the car rock back and fourth. Needless to say we are trying to get out of our leases. When you test drive this vehicle, take it out on the highway dont make our mistake and test it on the street. There's a big difference!"

I like it, buttttt

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"I have owned the CX-7 since Oct. 2007. I don't know what all these people are talking about regarding mileage! I consistently average 23-25 mpg on the freeway and just last month got 27 mpg on a long trip! My only complaint is the ride. The suspension is a little too tight for me. I too had the engine light problem in the beginning but the third time was a charm when I took it to the dealer. They were always extremely nice and always gave me a free car to drive. Some of the interior is a little cheesy (the fake nickel trim) but overall the car drives extremely well and you couldn't ask for better brakes! For the price it is an excellent value."

Gets a bad Rap

By on Thursday, October 13, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, great engine, comfortable"

Cons: "Timing tick, lousy access to headlights"

"I've owned this car for 7 years and have loved it. It rides great, it is peppy and it looks good. I have not had one major issue in this time. The turbo hauls like an eight and it picks up in no time. The cornering and stability is great both on highway and side roads. The Bose stereo was well worth the price. I got FWD but adding snow tires made it drive like a tank though 10 inches of snow."

Replaced my minivan!!

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, handles well"

Cons: "none yet!"

"I just bought this car in June. It has about 4500 miles on it and I love it. The only problem has been that we've already had to have the rotors smoothed - the brakes were pulsating at 60 mph. Other than that, I've got no complaints. I looked at alot of other cars before buying my CX7 and the CX7 had the most options at the best price."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda CX-7 near Honolulu. See local deals