2009 Mazda B-Series Regular Cab

8.3

Based on 247 Ratings for the 1998 - 2009 models.

reliable-- takes abuse-- never worry about break

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "reliability style cool factor"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"best vehicle i ever had, by far. routine maintenace and it runs forever.215k miles, going strong"

Great truck.........

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

"I bought my Mazda with 17 k on it and it has done nothing but impress me for a midsized truck. It is quite and handles great in the rain and snow here in Seattle. I have done nothing to my truck besides the normal preventable maintaince like oil changes, tire rotations, transmition fluid flushes every 50 k and recently I just flushed the engine. I am a firm believer in fixing or adding parts to your rig before it snaps or breaks one. I got 90 k out of the first set of tires and am now at 130 k with the heaver tread tires I put on it. They look great but make the truck ride a little tougher. I put new breaks and shocks on at about 100k and have not done anything else to the little guy. I tow a 2k pound tent camper behind it in summer and it does well. It struggles on hills due to it only being an automatic 3.0 liter but does great otherwise. It’s a great Truck for everyday driver and new driver."

INCREDIBLE VALUE

By on Monday, April 21, 2008

"all I've had to do in addition to regular maintenance is replace the alternator... this truck has 120,000 miles on it and is still truckin'! I've driven cross country, moved myself 6 times(not including helping friends), hauled topsoil, will very likely buy another... if this puppy ever dies. Incredible value!"

Rebuilt wreck Mazda b2300

By on Monday, August 6, 2007

"For four years I have been driving a 2002 Mazda B2300 which I purchased as a rebuilt wreck. It gets GREAT gas mileage - in the summer, 27 mpg at 75, 30 at 65, 33 at 55 (in the winter or running around town it gets 3 to 5 mpg less). The heater blows hot, the air blows ice cold, and the seats are reasonably comfortable. I'm 6'1" and can wear a hat. The ride is smooth (for a pickup) and there is not much wind noise or road noise. The only repairs have been new front brakes at 70,000 miles(attributable to its former life as a parts runner), radiator repair at 100,000 miles (attributable to the wreck?) and new ball joints at 115,000. Two annoyances are that the dome light has odd behavior, and that the auto-adjust clutch sometimes feels spongy. It always recovers w/o any service, and I've never had to add fluid. It is set up for fuel economy. The consequence is that the throttle response feels slow at lower RPMS, but at higher engine speeds it is plenty zippy. I've pulled a single-axle rental moving trailer clear full of houshold items, with a full-size piano in the pickup bed, with no problem (I kept it in 4th gear, not overdrive) and got over 20 mpg. At 117,000 miles the oil still stays clean between drain intervals (I go 3000 - 5000 miles) and I've never had to add oil. This pickup has the nasty sideways hop on bumps or railroad tracks that all pickups have, but it is worse than others I have driven. Could be a result of the wreck but the 4-wheel alignment checks out fine so I surmise it is a design fault."

Great truck for the price

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "v6 acceleration, handling"

Cons: "mpg, leg room for people at 6' or taller"

"I've owned this model since 2006 and it's been good to me. I've only had to do one major repair and the rest has been odds and ends. only reason I don't give it a solid 10 is due to the engine throwing a rod just after I had paid it off. Despite this, it still is a great truck that I would recommend. I've had it 8 years almost and only had to spend 2000 in repairs."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda B-Series Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals