2008 Mazda B-Series Regular Cab

8.3

Based on 247 Ratings for the 1998 - 2009 models.

INCREDIBLE VALUE

By on Monday, April 21, 2008

"all I've had to do in addition to regular maintenance is replace the alternator... this truck has 120,000 miles on it and is still truckin'! I've driven cross country, moved myself 6 times(not including helping friends), hauled topsoil, will very likely buy another... if this puppy ever dies. Incredible value!"

Best Small Truck Ever

By on Monday, September 5, 2011

Pros: "everything"

"Bought this truck brand new in 1999, still have it. No problems at all, no expense other than upkeep, 115000 miles, has been a great truck for 12 years."

Rebuilt wreck Mazda b2300

By on Monday, August 6, 2007

"For four years I have been driving a 2002 Mazda B2300 which I purchased as a rebuilt wreck. It gets GREAT gas mileage - in the summer, 27 mpg at 75, 30 at 65, 33 at 55 (in the winter or running around town it gets 3 to 5 mpg less). The heater blows hot, the air blows ice cold, and the seats are reasonably comfortable. I'm 6'1" and can wear a hat. The ride is smooth (for a pickup) and there is not much wind noise or road noise. The only repairs have been new front brakes at 70,000 miles(attributable to its former life as a parts runner), radiator repair at 100,000 miles (attributable to the wreck?) and new ball joints at 115,000. Two annoyances are that the dome light has odd behavior, and that the auto-adjust clutch sometimes feels spongy. It always recovers w/o any service, and I've never had to add fluid. It is set up for fuel economy. The consequence is that the throttle response feels slow at lower RPMS, but at higher engine speeds it is plenty zippy. I've pulled a single-axle rental moving trailer clear full of houshold items, with a full-size piano in the pickup bed, with no problem (I kept it in 4th gear, not overdrive) and got over 20 mpg. At 117,000 miles the oil still stays clean between drain intervals (I go 3000 - 5000 miles) and I've never had to add oil. This pickup has the nasty sideways hop on bumps or railroad tracks that all pickups have, but it is worse than others I have driven. Could be a result of the wreck but the 4-wheel alignment checks out fine so I surmise it is a design fault."

This truck takes a beating and keeps running.

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "Small, fuel economy, style"

Cons: "People who own bigger trucks that guzzle gas"

"I've put this truck through many situations that would damage other 2WD pick-ups and it keeps going. I love this truck. This is a great around town and light construction truck."

undervalued pickup

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "pretty looking solid built truck"

Cons: "with 19 mpg could be better"

"This truck is a great compact truck. With same specs as the ranger and a more beautiful exterior I don't understand why the ranger sells for more money. I would choose my baby b3000 4x4 any day over the less attractive ford ranger."

KEEPS ON GOING

By on Saturday, May 3, 2008

"I bought this truck new. It has served me reasonably well through the awful winters up here in the Pennsylvania Pocono Mountains. All I do is put a 100 lb bag of sand in the bed and 4 snow tires to get through most bad weather. Brakes don't hold up well and there have been annoying electrical problems such as odometer cluster, wheel sensor, and wiper/blinker switch. At 125000 I intend to keep it until it dies. So far this truckhas taken me to Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, and several times to Massachusetts with no serious trouble at all. Great vehicle for the $."

A work truck and daily driver!

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Radio is easy to replace if desired. Easy to clean"

Cons: "Rug can be stained easily, big V6 engine."

Before paint restoration and bumper fix.

"I've had this truck for 2 years now, and so far, it;s not been the truck's fault of what's happened. I've gotten paint on it, ran over a stump, and been hit i nthe rear by a lto of big Suburbans trying to get onto the freeway. However, with regular maintenance, and caution [depending on where you live] this truck will give you that gas mileage you want with a great tow capability. Not extreme as the half-ton, but still pretty good! smooth [with good shocks]. The brakes go out after 50,000 miles or so, so I replaced them and it was easy [the pads]. The transmission needs to be flushed every 60,000 miles or so. I also use the high mileage oil change when I'm in, and it seems to work great! I've got a K&N air filter [lifetime warranty] so no more replacing! The front bumper is made of hard plastic. That's a downside, but it's easy to fix and put back on [Zipties!]. I'm getting that replaced soon [the back 'bumper' is metal which is great!]. Overall, Lucy [as I've named her] has towed, hauled people, goods, and been on dirt roads. BUT, don;t go into the mud. Yeeeeeeah, that 4-wheel drive Ford Ranger may go through it, but this truck DOES NOT go through mud, especially with rear-wheel drive. (I've been stuck enough to know.)"

Before paint restoration and bumper fix.

reliable-- takes abuse-- never worry about break

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "reliability style cool factor"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"best vehicle i ever had, by far. routine maintenace and it runs forever.215k miles, going strong"

Great truck.........

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

"I bought my Mazda with 17 k on it and it has done nothing but impress me for a midsized truck. It is quite and handles great in the rain and snow here in Seattle. I have done nothing to my truck besides the normal preventable maintaince like oil changes, tire rotations, transmition fluid flushes every 50 k and recently I just flushed the engine. I am a firm believer in fixing or adding parts to your rig before it snaps or breaks one. I got 90 k out of the first set of tires and am now at 130 k with the heaver tread tires I put on it. They look great but make the truck ride a little tougher. I put new breaks and shocks on at about 100k and have not done anything else to the little guy. I tow a 2k pound tent camper behind it in summer and it does well. It struggles on hills due to it only being an automatic 3.0 liter but does great otherwise. It’s a great Truck for everyday driver and new driver."

Great truck for the price

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "v6 acceleration, handling"

Cons: "mpg, leg room for people at 6' or taller"

"I've owned this model since 2006 and it's been good to me. I've only had to do one major repair and the rest has been odds and ends. only reason I don't give it a solid 10 is due to the engine throwing a rod just after I had paid it off. Despite this, it still is a great truck that I would recommend. I've had it 8 years almost and only had to spend 2000 in repairs."

Definately Got My Money's Worth

By on Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"I bought this truck as a left-over, and it had also been a demo model, so I got a good deal on it. It has never broken down. I learned to drive a stick on an '86 B2200, and I owned a '97 B2300 before this one. They have all been great little trucks. The only bad thing is that it's not 4WD. My mechanic has never seen a car with a better/hotter heater. I'm sorry that these and the Rangers aren't made any more."

Getting ready to sell to my son ...

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Price, maintenance costs and mpg"

Cons: "a bit sluggish accelerating with the AC running"

This was when it was new in 2004 and it hasn't changed!

"but this has been the best pickup i have ever owned. Averaging over 28 mpg since I bought it new in 2004: I'm impressed!"

This was when it was new in 2004 and it hasn't changed!

Edison, NJ built Mazda still trouble free!

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Unbelievably reliable workhorse."

Cons: "No power windows, mirrors, or locks."

"Bought this truck right after 9/11 because the price was right. Added a class 2 Reese hitch to tow my boat. Truck is very truckish, with no power mirrors, windows, or locks. This is the only downside to this vehicle. Have used synthetic oil since the first oil change and self-maintain this truck by the book. Back to the dealer only once for a recalled cruise control fusible link. Just replaced the original battery after 10 years and four months. Excellent service and overall value. This one's a keeper."

2006 b2300

By on Thursday, November 13, 2008

"I bought this truck in early 2007 with 4k on it. It has about 30k on it now no problems as of yet but cant really speak for long term reliability. What i can say is that I love this little truck. The 4 banger has gotten me good gas mileage for a truck 24-26mpg in an automatic most highway though. Things you should know before buying are it does ride like a truck and handle like a truck (bumpy and light in the rear end). In the snow and ice the truck is horrible unless you put about 300lbs of sand and some decent snow tires on it then it is managable. But if you want a truck that wont break the bank with price or gas and dont need to tow alot this is probably the truck for you"

Great truck

By on Saturday, November 17, 2007

"I bought my 1998 B4000 new . It now has 240K. I have change the oil every 5000 and finally put in a clutch and brakes at about 150K. Only 2 or 3 tuneups I can remember. Its been great & reliable. It still gets 22-24 mpg."

Good little truck. Looks great, drives great.

By on Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Pros: "Great to drive. Good mpg for truck"

Cons: "small"

"I bought this truck in 05/2009. It had 93,000 miles. I have enjoyed this little truck. I get offers about every week about selling it. Keeping it!"

Best small truck on the road..

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "reliability"

Cons: "non"

"Bought my Mazda new in 2003 and have had absolutely zero problems with it. Very reliable truck"

RELIABLE TRUCK

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "GREAT PRICE FOR THE TRUCK"

Cons: "EXACT SAME AS THE FORD RANGER"

JUST INSTALLED NEW CHROME FINISHED NERF BARS

"RELIABLE TRUCK, BUT IF YOU ARE IN IT FOR THE POWER AND TOWING, GO WITH THE MAZDA B4000 4.0 LITRE BECAUSE IT CAN HAUL MORE WEIGHT DUE TO ITS INCREASE IN HORSEPOWER"

JUST INSTALLED NEW CHROME FINISHED NERF BARS

Great truck. Dependable, gas mizer

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "great gas milage"

Cons: "lack of power with the 4 cylinder engine."

"Bought this truck new in 2000. Got 94000 miles on it. Got the 4 cylinder and a 5 speed manual transmission. I have replaced the tires twice and installed a battery at 85000 miles. It is great at what I use it for. Good dependable cheap transportation. I tow a 15 foot aluminum boat with no problems. Average 23 mpg in town and 26 on the road."

Best Truck Ever

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, good gas mileage, everythi"

HKS Racing exhaust, K

"i got this truck as a salvaged title vehicle, fixed everything thst was wron with it, drive it hard and put away wet. this truck is very reliable, and will get you anywhere you need to go safely! i use to be a chevy fan, but now im a Ford\Mazda man! "Like a Rock" yeah when the battery dies lol, never had a single problem with the truck that wasnt easy to fix!"

HKS Racing exhaust, K

Love it!

By on Saturday, October 18, 2008

"I purchased my 2005 B3000 new for $13125.00, and the sticker price was $21025.00! I sold my 2000 Ford Ranger privately for $5600.00 (was offered $2500.00 by the dealer) Truck is paid for as of 10/18/08 and only has 17,125 miles. The only complaint I have is the gas mileage. Only get about 17/18 around town, and doesn't improve very much on a trip. My Ranger got 21/22, however it was a 4 banger and the Mazda is a 6."

dependable

By on Friday, May 30, 2008

"i bought my 2000 4cyl. 4x2 std cab mazda in 2006 with 64k on it. it was wrecked lightly in the front and fixed before i bought it. i am not happy with how it rides (it is a truck) and it is not the most confortable vehicle ever but it has given me no problems at all and i am currently at 100,000 miles. the only thing i have done to it is change brake pads, change oil, and spray wd40 in the door latches so the dome light would work properly. oh and the dash light bulbs are burning out alot lately. so like i have said its not the most confortable truck to drive but i have never owned anything this reliable before."

Best small pickup on the road

By on Thursday, February 14, 2008

"I've owned a 2000 B4000 SE since buying it new. Only one defect that showed up during the warranty period, and that was a misaligned serpentine belt pully. In the 64K miles I've put on it, I've replaced the brakes once, thermostat once, Lower ball joints, and oil pressure sending unit (sticky in cold weather.) The truck's engine is powerful and smooth, and I get about 18 MPG in mixed driving. The bedliner is exceptional and has withstood lots of construction material abuse."

WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER!!!

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"I bought this truck brand new in 2001. At 50k miles had to put new transmission in it. At 65k had to have new shocks and boots. At 90K had sensor go out and had to have it replaced. The ride is very bouncy and something rattles all the time in the engine. I have owned 7 cars in my life and this one is the worst as far as mechanical failures. I will never buy another Mazda/Ford vehicle."

piece of junk

By on Thursday, November 1, 2007

"I've had a mazda 1999 B4000 4WD for about three years now. One head cracked at 70,000 miles. Now the other one cracked at 97,000 miles. My dome light stays on for hours. My electrical locks stopped working at about 80,000 miles. The door ajar light is always on. I don't have many good things to say about this truck. I'm selling it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda B-Series Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals