2003 Mazda B-Series Regular Cab

8.3

Based on 247 Ratings for the 1998 - 2009 models.

reliable-- takes abuse-- never worry about break

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "reliability style cool factor"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"best vehicle i ever had, by far. routine maintenace and it runs forever.215k miles, going strong"

KEEPS ON GOING

By on Saturday, May 3, 2008

"I bought this truck new. It has served me reasonably well through the awful winters up here in the Pennsylvania Pocono Mountains. All I do is put a 100 lb bag of sand in the bed and 4 snow tires to get through most bad weather. Brakes don't hold up well and there have been annoying electrical problems such as odometer cluster, wheel sensor, and wiper/blinker switch. At 125000 I intend to keep it until it dies. So far this truckhas taken me to Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, and several times to Massachusetts with no serious trouble at all. Great vehicle for the $."

A work truck and daily driver!

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Radio is easy to replace if desired. Easy to clean"

Cons: "Rug can be stained easily, big V6 engine."

Before paint restoration and bumper fix.

"I've had this truck for 2 years now, and so far, it;s not been the truck's fault of what's happened. I've gotten paint on it, ran over a stump, and been hit i nthe rear by a lto of big Suburbans trying to get onto the freeway. However, with regular maintenance, and caution [depending on where you live] this truck will give you that gas mileage you want with a great tow capability. Not extreme as the half-ton, but still pretty good! smooth [with good shocks]. The brakes go out after 50,000 miles or so, so I replaced them and it was easy [the pads]. The transmission needs to be flushed every 60,000 miles or so. I also use the high mileage oil change when I'm in, and it seems to work great! I've got a K&N air filter [lifetime warranty] so no more replacing! The front bumper is made of hard plastic. That's a downside, but it's easy to fix and put back on [Zipties!]. I'm getting that replaced soon [the back 'bumper' is metal which is great!]. Overall, Lucy [as I've named her] has towed, hauled people, goods, and been on dirt roads. BUT, don;t go into the mud. Yeeeeeeah, that 4-wheel drive Ford Ranger may go through it, but this truck DOES NOT go through mud, especially with rear-wheel drive. (I've been stuck enough to know.)"

Before paint restoration and bumper fix.

Great truck.........

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

"I bought my Mazda with 17 k on it and it has done nothing but impress me for a midsized truck. It is quite and handles great in the rain and snow here in Seattle. I have done nothing to my truck besides the normal preventable maintaince like oil changes, tire rotations, transmition fluid flushes every 50 k and recently I just flushed the engine. I am a firm believer in fixing or adding parts to your rig before it snaps or breaks one. I got 90 k out of the first set of tires and am now at 130 k with the heaver tread tires I put on it. They look great but make the truck ride a little tougher. I put new breaks and shocks on at about 100k and have not done anything else to the little guy. I tow a 2k pound tent camper behind it in summer and it does well. It struggles on hills due to it only being an automatic 3.0 liter but does great otherwise. It’s a great Truck for everyday driver and new driver."

Best Small Truck Ever

By on Monday, September 5, 2011

Pros: "everything"

"Bought this truck brand new in 1999, still have it. No problems at all, no expense other than upkeep, 115000 miles, has been a great truck for 12 years."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda B-Series Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals