1998 Mazda B-Series Cab Plus

8.3

Based on 247 Ratings for the 1998 - 2009 models.

Best Small Truck Ever

By on Monday, September 5, 2011

Pros: "everything"

"Bought this truck brand new in 1999, still have it. No problems at all, no expense other than upkeep, 115000 miles, has been a great truck for 12 years."

This truck takes a beating and keeps running.

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "Small, fuel economy, style"

Cons: "People who own bigger trucks that guzzle gas"

"I've put this truck through many situations that would damage other 2WD pick-ups and it keeps going. I love this truck. This is a great around town and light construction truck."

undervalued pickup

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "pretty looking solid built truck"

Cons: "with 19 mpg could be better"

"This truck is a great compact truck. With same specs as the ranger and a more beautiful exterior I don't understand why the ranger sells for more money. I would choose my baby b3000 4x4 any day over the less attractive ford ranger."

KEEPS ON GOING

By on Saturday, May 3, 2008

"I bought this truck new. It has served me reasonably well through the awful winters up here in the Pennsylvania Pocono Mountains. All I do is put a 100 lb bag of sand in the bed and 4 snow tires to get through most bad weather. Brakes don't hold up well and there have been annoying electrical problems such as odometer cluster, wheel sensor, and wiper/blinker switch. At 125000 I intend to keep it until it dies. So far this truckhas taken me to Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, and several times to Massachusetts with no serious trouble at all. Great vehicle for the $."

A work truck and daily driver!

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Radio is easy to replace if desired. Easy to clean"

Cons: "Rug can be stained easily, big V6 engine."

Before paint restoration and bumper fix.

"I've had this truck for 2 years now, and so far, it;s not been the truck's fault of what's happened. I've gotten paint on it, ran over a stump, and been hit i nthe rear by a lto of big Suburbans trying to get onto the freeway. However, with regular maintenance, and caution [depending on where you live] this truck will give you that gas mileage you want with a great tow capability. Not extreme as the half-ton, but still pretty good! smooth [with good shocks]. The brakes go out after 50,000 miles or so, so I replaced them and it was easy [the pads]. The transmission needs to be flushed every 60,000 miles or so. I also use the high mileage oil change when I'm in, and it seems to work great! I've got a K&N air filter [lifetime warranty] so no more replacing! The front bumper is made of hard plastic. That's a downside, but it's easy to fix and put back on [Zipties!]. I'm getting that replaced soon [the back 'bumper' is metal which is great!]. Overall, Lucy [as I've named her] has towed, hauled people, goods, and been on dirt roads. BUT, don;t go into the mud. Yeeeeeeah, that 4-wheel drive Ford Ranger may go through it, but this truck DOES NOT go through mud, especially with rear-wheel drive. (I've been stuck enough to know.)"

Before paint restoration and bumper fix.

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda B-Series Cab Plus near Honolulu. See local deals