2000 Mazda 626

7.4

Based on 356 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Love my mazda

By on Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"I picked this car originally because it was recommended by Consumer Reports, was cheaper than similar Toyota and Honda vehicles and was mostly made in the US. I was not disappointed; I got this car with 55,000miles on it and it is still running well with 165,000miles on it 6 yrs later. It also came from the midwest to CA with me and has been a good highway car (good to have a V6!). If you can find one in good condition go for it!"

By on Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mixed feelings

By on Thursday, December 31, 2009

"Bought '99 in March '00. Love/Hate relationship. 6 cyl - no tranny problems yet at 142,000 miles but many repairs. Replaced coolant reservoir two times still runs hot in summer. Real hot. Need to buy stock in coolant. Four mechanics haven't figured out. I have maintained it well with regular oil changes etc. Replaced water pump, fuel pump, CV, Back brakes two times replaced. Chng timing belt at 100,000. Dash lights burned out. Squeals like a pig a lot when starting car (belts replaced too but no one can figure out what is causing the squeal). But it is Fun to drive, reliable starts every time and comfortable. Drive 50 miles per day and will keep it as long as I can. Repairs are expensive. Have to take out engine for everything! Crossed fingers - no repairs for six months... Six months of car payments justify a lot of repairs though."

i dont like it

By on Saturday, November 28, 2009

"i HAD tranny issues at 60,000 miles and again at 110,000. I only to to work and back (10miles a day) and the car crapped out. Its not like its old...just poorly made, I have also replaced the front axel due to shotty brakes/boot leak, EGR value and rebuilt engine. cant wait to get a new car! wanna buy my mazda?"

worst vehicle i've owned

By on Monday, February 23, 2009

"I do not like this car very much. It always seemed to have a major repair needed. I purchased it for a reasonable amount but the work that I have put into it has been more than the purchase price. On the outside it looks like a pretty nice looking car and when it is working fine it drives ok, but I would definetly not sell this car to a friend that I want to keep."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda 626 near Honolulu. See local deals