2002 Lincoln Town Car

Based on 511 Ratings for the 1998 - 2011 models.

Best engineering and no problems still great car.

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Makes a tight U turn and accelerates when needed."

Cons: "Depreciates quickly so it's good to find a used 1"

"This car is roomy and comfortable for 4 or 5 adults. It gets decent mileage for the size and comfort. They have stopped making these Town Cars and they were a great car."

Solid reliability, good value

By on Friday, March 29, 2013

"I bought this car with 40k and now have 115k. At the time I just needed something cheap and in a hurry. Used, these cars are a steal. I drive 300-400 miles per week and get in the low 20's for mileage - mid 20's if all highway. The only repair outside of normal maintenance was replacement of the rear air springs. Went to regular coils as they were cheaper. I don't need a car to tell me were I'm going or how to park. Very low tech but in return, very reliable and inexpensive to maintain."

The Limo business will die without the Town Car!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "A/C that will freeze you in Arizona - set on Low."

Cons: "The paint on the bumpers could be better."

"I have owned many makes and models. I grew up in Detroit, at the height of it's Motor City reputation. Overall, the Lincoln Town Car is the best and most consistent car Detroit ever produced. The 4.6L V8 is powerful, fast, yet economical. If you don't make jack-rabbit starts, and you coast to the inevitable red lights, you will average 20 mpg. There are nights when I would rather sleep in my Town Car than in my bed - 'nuff said! :-)"

An American classic that will live forever

By on Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Pros: "Unique features, fair price when used, smooth ride"

Cons: "Decent gas mileage"

"The Lincoln Town Car is, without doubt, an American classic. Despite its demise by Ford in 2011, the Town Car can still be viewed on the road today. It is frankly one of the last large American sedans. I've driven the vehicle in the past, and I was so amazed by its comfort and ride that I wanted to find and own one. The process didn't happen in a snap of a finger; however, with determination and patience, I fortunately found the right car for me last month. Purchased at a Chevrolet dealer, the 2011 Lincoln Town car at the time had 65,000 miles, and it is black on black (my favorite color for this particular Lincoln vehicle). The exterior and interior are clean with little wear and tear. I normally trust my first instinct, and, since I drove the car off the lot, it has been an amazing car. Of course, though, with almost any other used car, a handful of minor problems appeared, but all were easily fixable. With general maintenance and care, the car can last for a long time. I right now have a little over 67,000 miles on the car, but I know I will keep it for the years to come. Like other cars in the market, the Lincoln Town Car has its pros and cons. Because my vehicle was manufactured in the final year of production (2011), the interior can be said by automotive critics to be outdated. While this is understandable when compared to other luxury vehicles of the time, I honestly like the simplicity. Simple, yet elegant at the same time. Furthermore, a main reason Ford discontinued the Town Car was due to high prices in gasoline. Since 2011, though, the price of gas throughout most of the nation has dropped, and it is affordable to fill the Town Car. The engine is a V8, so it consumes a lot of gas, but gas mileage is surprisingly fair. For me, I travel on a highway and typically set my vehicle on cruise (at 60 MPH). Right now, I'm averaging about 23 MPG, which is good considering the car's size and weight. One can achieve good gas mileage with the car if the individual doesn't abuse it, which can make the engine and transmission last for years (aside from basic maintenance. The size of the car proves roomy on the inside, and it can probably fit up to 6 people. The Lincoln Town uses air suspension, so the ride feels nice. It simply absorbs most bumps on the road, just like a sponge would absorb water. Its settings in the computer system are also pretty much straightforward and easy to navigate, and an anti-glare system automatically dims the rear view mirror. I drive at night frequently, so it is so nice not to see the glare from a vehicle's headlights anymore. All in all, though the Lincoln Town Car may not compare to a Bentley or a Mercedes-Benz, its ride offers a unique experience both to the driver and passenger, in which cannot be replicated in another vehicle. A simple and elegant car from Lincoln that will remain relevant."

Good solid rear wheel drive V8 American car.

By on Monday, December 23, 2013

Pros: "Great road car. Smooth, good sounds and reliabiliy"

Cons: "A whale in the ever shrinking city parking spaces."

"MPG 16+ to 24. Problems, all after 100000 miles: Rides good but rear suspension is prone to failure. Transmission shops have a supply of what they call Lincoln shudder additives on hand. A/C problems about $1,5,00. so far. Overall, now with 131,000 miles: Good safe car, runs on regular gas, very reasonable maintenance expenses. Lots of trunk room and generous room for 4 or 5 adults. Great highway car. Great sound system and well laid out and appointed interior. Great paint that looks new after 14 years. They don't make em anymore. V8, rear wheel drive. Mine has a cassette player and multi disk CD player. I have never had a car this long and I know I will miss it when it is finally gone. Some limos have 300K, 400K + miles on them. Ford engines and transmissions are available and reasonable. Not the easiest to park in the city or to even find a parking space it will fit into. No"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lincoln Town Car near Honolulu. See local deals