2012 Lexus RX

Based on 184 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Awful gas mileage

By on Monday, September 28, 2009

"The miles per gallon is awful! I rarely get 17-18mpg on mostly "open road". I regret buying it."

Good HP for Lexus, gets up quickly, good milage

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, very smooth"

"I've owned three other Lexus Suv's but this one is only front wheel drive (precious were AWD). MPG is best against the ratings of all, matter of fact consistently outperform the sticker ratings. The pickup from zero can be scary if you punch it."

Looks Nice But Better Value Elsewhere

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"I had full intentions of buying an RX 350. I looked at this vehicle for the last few years and wanted a vehicle that was more nimble than my Acura MDX. I tested this wehicle twice with extended drives and I had many issues with its performance. The vehicle did not ride as well as I had envisioned. The engine is slightly noisy and the road noise was noticeable, The rear view is very poor and the back-up camera is ok but nothing close to the Acura MDX. The GPS was a big disappointment since the driver nor the passenger can look and program waypoints along the way while the car is moving. Looking for hotels and restaurants or other points of interest is not possible when the car is moving. You need another device like a Smartphone to look up the points of interest and then send the routes to the car GPS system. What a farce. After a critical evaluation I went back to my Acura Dealer and determined that a new MDX was the better car by far. The drive system on the MDX is incredible. It can transfer up to 100% power to any wheel depending on road conditions. The RX 350 can transfer only 50% to a rear wheel. The rear view in the MDX is very good and the rear camera exceptional. Backing up is fun and easy. The engine changes and transmission changes since 2010 model is substantial. The new 6 speed transmission is smooth and powerful. The GPS is second to none. The car is very nimble now with electric power assist steering that feels like your driving a car. If your thinking about an RX model you must look at the Acura MDX."

best SUV ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "the best SUV the most reliable"

Cons: "get better tires next time, that are not as noisey"

"great dealership and service SUV handles great in snow plus very comfortable on long trips cargo space outstanding do not like dunlop tires, to nosie coming from them sound system very good. 61000 miles on Lexus Rx 350 and running outstanding heated and cooled seats outstanding steering outstanding as well as braking"

Not what I expected

By on Monday, December 9, 2013

"This SUV rides like a truck It is not what I expected from Lexus. I feel every bump in the road. My test ride was down nice smooth roads, I never knew it could be that bad in real roads we travel everyday. If it was not for the ride, it would be a great SUV."