2011 Lexus RX

Based on 185 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Feel Special

By on Monday, January 9, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well, looks great"

Cons: "Center console set up, grrrrr and premium gas."

"This is my 2nd RX and I love it. Handles great on snow and rides smoothly. Love the fact it has enough power to zoom me into traffic when needed. Two things I'd change. No more premium gas, and whoever designed a center console that you have to lift out to plug in a GPS or a phone charger should BE SHOT. That one thing annoys me to no end."

Should've Kept my 2007

By on Thursday, August 5, 2010

"I have had this car for about 6 months now. I traded my 2007 RX350 and started regretting the trade so0n after. The 07 had a better ride, less rode and wind noise and rear cargo area rattle, more comfortable seats and just overall better. The 2010 vehicle has more hi tech features where the designers should have paid more attention to comfort and overall luxury feel of the vehicle. To even consider another RX 350 the dealer will have to let me keep the vehicle for a week. If there was any way I could give this vehicle back without a loss I would. I've already told my husband in four years when I am looking for my next vehicle Lexus will not be my first choice. I will look at other make's and model's."

Lexus Quality & Outstanding Value

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, highway mileage (26 mpg) w/ AWD"

Cons: "Satellite radio reception"

"I've had my RX for 3 months and could not be happier. This is a luxury, not sport oriented, SUV with a very comfortable, well designed interior and excellent overall build quality. More than met my expectations for a Lexus. XM radio reception cuts out and weather radar often doesn't show rain. Dealer agrees on radio & radar display problems - not just my vehicle - but has no answer or fix. My previous vehicle (different make) had same service but no satellite radio related issues. Graphics on nav system need updating - not up to industry standards. Why doesn't Lexus update operating system with new features?"

Best investment I have made.

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "maintenance is perfect, SO worth the price paid"

Cons: "only 5 seats-probably not large family-style car"

"The best car I have ever owned. I cannot stress the perfection of this vehicle. I have two daughters who are just starting to drive, and this is such a safe, comfortable, and smooth running vehicle. I have owned many other makes in the past and at this point I would never go back. I am comfortable letting my daughters drive together in this car, and it is perfect for our every need. The interior is lovely and spacious, allowing full comfort if Dad and the inlaws want to go out for the night as well. Certainly an all-purpose car. Love it."

very good

By on Sunday, January 9, 2011

"got 2011 rx350 last month. i researched them all and in the end had to go with lex. No car is perfect and yes my 2008(bought used with 55,000mi) was less noisey. Car has very high saftey and state-of-the-art, also best reliabilty. Live in northeast and car is great in snow, remote start is great. Very expensive but after 3 yrs most cars decline heavily lexus stays strong. Bought this car for my wife in starfire white. hope to pay off in 5-6 years and still have somthing good! i use premium gas as suggested in manual."

Great value luxury SUV

By on Friday, February 7, 2014

"Very comfortable, elegant, roomy well-designed interior for this 6'2" driver. Can readily handle 4-5 adults. Car still looks great inside and out after 72k miles and 4 1/2 years. Handles well. Hybrid gas mileage on this pretty heavy vehicle is pretty respectable (about 25 mpg combined for me which includes a fair amount of driving up and down a mountain). I've owned Lexus vehicles for 20 years and this is the first one that I had any mechanical problem, namely the fuel injection pump failed at 47k miles. Luckily, the vehicle was under warranty (barely) and the Lexus towing/car rental/repair experience was all excellent (happened on Friday evening and there was a 24-hour Lexus service location that we were able to go to). I was of course disappointed that this happened in the first place. This was around the time that Toyota was getting some bad publicity for more quality problems than usual due to growth/outsourcing of parts and it did make me wonder if they were compromising quality: time will tell. My only other complaint is the NAV system, which you're forced to buy if you want the back-up camera, is overpriced (NAV dvd updates are also a rip-off) and not well-designed. All in all I'd highly recommend the vehicle to anyone looking for an SUV in this price range."

2006RX vs 2010RX

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Traded our 2006 RX for a new 2010 RX. Should have kept the 2006 as it had a better, softer ride, better gas milage, much less wind and road noise, side door guard moldings, better quality leather, better front AC outlet, better over-all quality interior. The 2010 does have better pick-up but a much noisier engine. The 2010 needs guide lights for the overhead buttons in night driving. First car of the same model I have ever purchased that seems down-graded from a previous year. Hopefully it will have the same reliability as our 2006 which was perfect for 60,000 miles."

Beautiful auto inside and out, but has issues.

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pros: "Size, appointments, beautiful and elegant interior"

Cons: "Fuel mileage, quality"

"Was really excited about purchasing this SUV as an upgrade from the ES350. Needed something higher off the ground and with larger cargo capacity. Pretty quickly after we brought the RX home, noticed a rattle coming from the front passenger side door. 17000 miles later and 5 trips to Lexus service and the whole interior rattles and creeks like a 10yr old Kia. Frustrated and looking to off load. Very disappointed in the workmanship for such an expensive "Luxury" SUV."

Great, reliable vehicle, but spent too much

By on Friday, September 30, 2016

"I've owned this car for five years and am only looking to get rid of it because our family has grown too big. I LOVE this car. I can go 2 full weeks without filling up my tank, versus my husband filling his car up every week. It has a great finish and feel to it. The interior is top notch quality. Drives great. After 47,000 miles and five years, I haven't had to take it to a shop not one time outside normal regular maintenance, which we do ourselves. Downsides: At five years, I expected trade in value to be much higher. When I bought it, gas was nearly $4 a gallon, not at $2.30 a gallon, hybrids aren't selling as good. That means a loss of trade in value for me. The only other complaint I have is that the paint chips too easily."

I love this car

By on Sunday, March 6, 2011

"l also looked at the Acura MDX and Lincoln MKX but once I drove the RX, that was it. The MDX was too much like a truck and the Lincoln had an inferior look and feel, especially the interior. The RX ride is smooth and the interior is luxurious high end leather and features. I love the mouse/pointer feature. I got the luxury upgraded package, parking assist, HD Navigation System/premium radio system. Gas mileage is on the low end around 18/19 so far but I haven't traveled a long distance yet. No mechanical issues whatsoever; still learning all the features. This is a beautiful car and I am so happy with my purchase. Just wished the gas mileage was a little better and the IPod panel had better Controls so I rated performance as 4 instead of 5."