2011 Lexus RX

Based on 183 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Great value luxury SUV

By on Friday, February 7, 2014

"Very comfortable, elegant, roomy well-designed interior for this 6'2" driver. Can readily handle 4-5 adults. Car still looks great inside and out after 72k miles and 4 1/2 years. Handles well. Hybrid gas mileage on this pretty heavy vehicle is pretty respectable (about 25 mpg combined for me which includes a fair amount of driving up and down a mountain). I've owned Lexus vehicles for 20 years and this is the first one that I had any mechanical problem, namely the fuel injection pump failed at 47k miles. Luckily, the vehicle was under warranty (barely) and the Lexus towing/car rental/repair experience was all excellent (happened on Friday evening and there was a 24-hour Lexus service location that we were able to go to). I was of course disappointed that this happened in the first place. This was around the time that Toyota was getting some bad publicity for more quality problems than usual due to growth/outsourcing of parts and it did make me wonder if they were compromising quality: time will tell. My only other complaint is the NAV system, which you're forced to buy if you want the back-up camera, is overpriced (NAV dvd updates are also a rip-off) and not well-designed. All in all I'd highly recommend the vehicle to anyone looking for an SUV in this price range."

2006RX vs 2010RX

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Traded our 2006 RX for a new 2010 RX. Should have kept the 2006 as it had a better, softer ride, better gas milage, much less wind and road noise, side door guard moldings, better quality leather, better front AC outlet, better over-all quality interior. The 2010 does have better pick-up but a much noisier engine. The 2010 needs guide lights for the overhead buttons in night driving. First car of the same model I have ever purchased that seems down-graded from a previous year. Hopefully it will have the same reliability as our 2006 which was perfect for 60,000 miles."

Beautiful auto inside and out, but has issues.

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pros: "Size, appointments, beautiful and elegant interior"

Cons: "Fuel mileage, quality"

"Was really excited about purchasing this SUV as an upgrade from the ES350. Needed something higher off the ground and with larger cargo capacity. Pretty quickly after we brought the RX home, noticed a rattle coming from the front passenger side door. 17000 miles later and 5 trips to Lexus service and the whole interior rattles and creeks like a 10yr old Kia. Frustrated and looking to off load. Very disappointed in the workmanship for such an expensive "Luxury" SUV."

Great, reliable vehicle, but spent too much

By on Friday, September 30, 2016

"I've owned this car for five years and am only looking to get rid of it because our family has grown too big. I LOVE this car. I can go 2 full weeks without filling up my tank, versus my husband filling his car up every week. It has a great finish and feel to it. The interior is top notch quality. Drives great. After 47,000 miles and five years, I haven't had to take it to a shop not one time outside normal regular maintenance, which we do ourselves. Downsides: At five years, I expected trade in value to be much higher. When I bought it, gas was nearly $4 a gallon, not at $2.30 a gallon, hybrids aren't selling as good. That means a loss of trade in value for me. The only other complaint I have is that the paint chips too easily."

I love this car

By on Sunday, March 6, 2011

"l also looked at the Acura MDX and Lincoln MKX but once I drove the RX, that was it. The MDX was too much like a truck and the Lincoln had an inferior look and feel, especially the interior. The RX ride is smooth and the interior is luxurious high end leather and features. I love the mouse/pointer feature. I got the luxury upgraded package, parking assist, HD Navigation System/premium radio system. Gas mileage is on the low end around 18/19 so far but I haven't traveled a long distance yet. No mechanical issues whatsoever; still learning all the features. This is a beautiful car and I am so happy with my purchase. Just wished the gas mileage was a little better and the IPod panel had better Controls so I rated performance as 4 instead of 5."

Comfortable, Reliable...Love it

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "Visability, sunglass holder, 60-20-40 rear seat"

Cons: "side view mirrors turn down when in reverse gear"

"My RX 330 is a 2004 and I still love this car. The only time it goes to the shop is for routine maintenance. I have used regular gasoline in this car & it still runs smooth. It has been on long trips & gets good mileage & is comfortable. I was recently in an accident where a small compact Honda rear ended me at 30+ mph. That car's front end was totally destroyed, my rear bumper had scratches and the tow bar was bent, total damage only $2500. I have never had a car this long and I guess a pro would be I do not want a new car."

I love the RX350

By on Saturday, March 19, 2011

"This the best SUV I have ever driven. Very smooth drive. Great service. I couldn't drive another SUV after driving this one."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, reliable, keyless go"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I have owned my RX350 for about 18 months and it now has 18,000 miles on it. It has been taken to the dealership only for routine service. This vehicle is very quiet, comfortable and very well built. The climate control is great as is the sound system. Lexus just makes a very nice, reliable and comfortable car, in general. If I had a disappointment with this vehicle it would be the gas mileage. I had an 07 LS460 prior to this RX and the gas mileage on the highway was considerably better in the LS460. This one gets 21-22 mpg on the highway and 17-18 mpg in town."

Thoroughly reliable, quiet, comfortable.

By on Saturday, April 16, 2016

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, dependable, roomy"

Cons: "2010 so no blind spot indicators"

"Always pros and cons with cars but in my opinion the RX 350 is the best combination of the factors that are most important to me....Reliable, quiet, very comfortable, everything works and has worked flawlessly for 4 years."

The only thing I would change is to get better gas

By on Monday, March 3, 2014

"The only thing I would change is to get better gas mileage. I average 20 on the road and about 17/18 in city. I have a heavy foot but the best gas mileage on the road was about 23.3 mpg. Long trips it gets about 21.5 mpg."

Excellence all around

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

"Just purchased RX450 AWD a few weeks back. Wife and I are fighting over who drives the car. The L-Finesses is just overwhelming; the car is completely remote less not to mentioned that mouse knob that you can't keep your hands off from. If you enjoy a silent smooth and comfort ride, you GOTTA go with RX450 AWD!! The car is like riding a electric car with a sophisticated features that you will enjoy for years!!"

Gas mileage could be better

By on Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"While rated for 18-24 mpg, so far I only get around 19. No door trim on the sides and the side view mirrors are very big and block pedestrians walking off sidewalks, etc. I love the extras, color (cerelan blue--had many compliments on it). Don't get all black inside, too hard to find anything--mine is black and mostly gray inside. Cost was high, but I do love the comfort and drive. Nav system does not understand me all the time--when I say "go home" it thinks I said "phone"."

A Driver's Dream

By on Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"This vehicle is incredible and a pleasure to drive. The wipers automatically come on/adjust to the rain/moisture on your windshield, lights auto dim/bright around curves/darkness at night, comfortable/adjustable seats, awesome sound system. Very quiet and comfortable ride. Traded my 2003 4Runner Limited (compromised space/height for luxury). I do miss sitting higher especially in traffic but all the other bells and whistles and luxury/comfort make up for that. I used to hate driving (especially in traffic) but now that I am in the comfort of my RX, I don't mind as much. I will continue to support Toyota products (very reliable and they do hold their value). I previously owned vehicles from Honda and General Motors and they are far from the quality of Toyota products and the customer service they provide at the dealerships."

Great car

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive"

Cons: "Seat a little higher please"

"Most comfortable and easy to drive car. Great mileage on the long trips. Will definitely buy another."

ONE OWNER(SENIOR) GARAGED

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Pros: "LOTS OF SAFETY PROTECTION PACKAGES"

Cons: "DO NOT HAVE ANY."

"I HAVE OWNED MANY CARS THROUGHOUT THE YEARS. THIS HAS BEEN THE MOST TROUBLE FREE AUTO, I HAVE EVER OWNED.BEING RETIRED FOR MANY YEARS, WE DO NOT PUT A LOT OF MILES ON A CAR.PURCHASED IT NEW, AND ADDED SIDE MOLDINGS AND REAR CARGO AREA PROTECTION.OVER THE YEARS, FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND MECHANICS HAVE PURCHASED MY AUTOS."

Lexus traditional high quality.

By on Thursday, June 16, 2016

Pros: "Comfort, Quality, Nice interior appearance, Roomy"

Beautiful Starfire Pearl 2013 RX350

"Luggage Rack Cross Bars, Cargo Net, Comfort Pkg: Xenon HID Headlamps, Rain-sensing Door Edge Guards, 12 Speaker Premium Audio Pkg, Single DVD/CD Player, 19" Alloy Wheels, Nav Sys w/2015 update, Backup Camera, Parking Assist, Premium Pkg: Saddle Tan Leather Interior, Towing Pkg, Ground Effects, Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift Knob."

Beautiful Starfire Pearl 2013 RX350

Very comfortable on long drives

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Greate value, low maintenance costs"

Cons: "No sunglasses holder above head"

"With roof rack and trailer hitch, I can take a lot of cargo on family trips. Not bad gas mileage considering size. Had since new, have only changed oil and filters. Replaced first set of tires after 70k, rotated regularly. Good looking vehicle, great lines. Great in snow with AWD. Highly recommend this safe and quiet ride."

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

By on Friday, April 2, 2010

"I have owned and driven all luxury and suv. This is the finest car I have ever owned..."

What a change

By on Sunday, November 1, 2009

"I vowed many years ago that the best car I bought was a 2000 RX300, and that when I needed a new car, I would buy an updated one. I looked at everything....Acura (too big), Cadillac (too opulent), Infiniti and Nissan (too many problems), Ford (the Hybrid Escape was coooool!), but all in all, the new RX was best. The only thinkg I wish was that there were more storage bins. Some zealous engineer put the new 24 Connect box where I would put sunglasses.... The new Remote Touch is very cool and works very effortlessly. However, it would be nice to figure out more storage in the nooks and crannies. The leather is soft, and the ventilated seats keep your bod nice and cool. Real glad I bought the new RX....and the Black Sapphire is a beautiful color.....black at night and deep mettalic blue in the sunlight. Go test drive and you'll be sold."

This car Is SO GREAT, Expensive But Worth It

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Luxury car-ride in small SUV"

Cons: "Beware of the fragile pop-out cup holder"

"On my third one now, and still love this thing. Great on icy mountain roads, comfortable on bumpy streets and long highway miles. Folks at the dealerships make you feel like you are Royalty. They still give free loaner if your car is in shop, free goodies and drinks if you wait. And nothing on the road can keep you in this kind of comfort. They got everything right. LOVE-LOVE-LOVE my car"

Rides on Name

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"I previously owned a 2002 Acura TL Type-S before trading it in on a 2009 RX350 as we wanted an all-wheel drive vehicle, the Acura was getting up in mileage, and the spouse wanted an SUV. The RX350 is reliable and comfortable, but boring. The 3.5 liter V6 provides decent power and gets about 25 mpg on the highway. The fact, though, is it just isn't very luxury. We have an iPod hookup (an extra $500) and it is hard to use through the radio. Other vehicles, such as GM, allow you to hook the iPod up through the touch screen land navigation. I found our Acura had more performance and luxury. Also, the Lexus dealerships we dealt with have been very inferior to Acura. They simply ride the name. The 2002 Acura came standard with perforated leather seats, automatic seat adjustment with the key fob, HID headlights, and other features that the 2009 Lexus lacks. My spouse and I have agreed this will be the first, and only, Lexus we ever own."

Second Lexus - Best Auto

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well, conveniences galore."

Cons: "Short of space in center console."

"I have a 2004 with almost 100,000 miles on it. Never had any major repairs - only service. Best car I've driven for comfort, nice ride, and convenience and kept it for my wife. Just bought a 2012 and it is even better with new advancements. Love it! I got 30 miles a gallon on my 2004 a couple years ago driving 55 mph through Oklahoma. Can get 26 mph easy if one drives speed limit of 65. Had 3 Mercedes in past which didn't compare to Lexus in ride quality."

great car

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "good driving car, corners well, gd aceleration"

Cons: "no third seat"

"This car is a good combination between luxury and utility. Friends remark how smooth it is. The car is rated at 28/30 on gas milage but varies greatly from that. I've gotton as high as 38.5 mpg on a 400 mile trip in the fall and as low as 24 in mid winter with harsh conditions. To achieve the rated milage and above you must drive it using a hybrid driving style. The overall average mpg last year went as high as 31.1 and as low as 29 but we're not quite out of winter yet (Feb 21) and I suspect it might go a couple of tenths lower before it starts upward again. But we have had a mild winter. I can't think of anything I really dislike about the car."

Will buy this model again

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

"This is my third car of this model, and definitely won't be my last . Lexus quality can not be matched!!!"

GREAT DRIVER

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "PEPPY DRIVER"

Cons: "FRONT SEATS ARE NOT COMFORTABLE FOR A LONG DRIVE"

"PEPPY LITTLE CAR..ROOM IN BACK TO HAUL LOTS OF STUFF. THIS IS MY FIRST LEXUS AND I DO LOVE THE DRIVING CAPABILITY OF THIS CAR BUT IT IS NOT VERY COMFORTABLE. THE SEATS ARE NOT VERY COMFORTABLE ESP THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT. THE BACK SEATS ARE MORE COMFORTABLE THAN THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT. I HAVE THE LEATHER,ELECTRIC SEATS WHICH SHOULD BE REALLY ADJUSTABLE FOR COMFORT BUT THEY ARE NOT. SOMEONE I KNOW WHO HAS HAD MORE THAN ONE LEXUS HAD THE SEATS SWITCHED OUT BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT COMFORTABLE. THE INFORMATION PANEL WITH CD'S, WIPERS, ETC IS A LITTLE CONFUSING IF YOUVE ONLY OWNED AN AMERICAN CAR. OTHER THAN THAT ITS A GREAT LITTLE CAR. 20MPG IN TOWN"