2009 Lexus RX

Based on 558 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

How do I love thee...

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"I so love my Lexus. I've owned Cadillacs, a Lincoln LX, Jaguar and even a Merkur Scorpio, but none of them can touch my Lexus. The only reason I'll ever trade it in on a new one with built-in navigation. It's just a perfect vehicle. Just wish we had a Lexus dealer in Tyler, Texas. You see Lexus vehicles all over town, but no dealership. So sad."

HATE TO TRADE

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"I have had this vehicle 7 years with only a new battery and tires last year, and scheduled oil changes. 85000 miles and no problems at all. I have owned top of the line cadilacs,lincolns,infinitis, and nothing can compare to the pleasure of driving my rx. My only request would be for a little more zip off the line."

Nice SUV

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I have owned a 2007 for 13 months and overall, am satisfied with it. It has plenty of power and is for the most part comfortable. I would ask that Lexus do a better job making the drivers and passenger seating more accomodating for larger or taller people. The build quality is very good overall especially inside. Exterior and drive side, I don't see alot of difference between this and a nice Toyota however. The brakes occassionally feel 'weak' and seem to lock up easily in wet weather. It has good cargo room for a luxury SUV and can handle my Home Depot runs for the most part. If you keep your foot out of it...the gas mileage can be quite good. It has excellent visibility and interior refinements. The engine is good with the transmission being the 'weak' link as it whines occassionally and does not like to shift at lower speeds."

Best Value for Money

By on Thursday, August 9, 2007

"This car is great. I hasn't had any mechenical defects at all and the car has 15,000 miles on it."

Great car

By on Saturday, August 4, 2007

"I owned a 1999 RX300 and I wrecked it last August when I bought the RX330. It is a great car and Lexus provides excellent value and service. I highly recommend the car to anyone."

2008 RX400h 4x4- loaded - 92,000 miles

By on Saturday, March 25, 2017

Pros: "Like everything about the Lexus."

Cons: "Nav system is outdated, hard 2 use"

"This has been my wifes SUV for almost 2 years. We love it ! 24 mpg in town. Very comfortable ride, excellent driving car, wife finally has a car that is unstoppable in snow. Extremely dependable. Virtually no fixing required. Love all the many many extras..they all continue to work. Has about every option. Leather heated seats, moon roof are great. NAV is outdated, harder to use, compared to newer years. This is our first Lexus SUV, and will get another when the time comes. (if this one ever quits) Probably will always have one of these."

Best birthday purchase

By on Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, agility, and safety"

Cons: "Gas"

"I'd been in the market for another SUV for almost a year now. I recently sold a Subaru. My RX 350 is preowned. After two months of ownership, I find that it offers a smooth ride, a great view of the road, and simple ease with maneuvering. I am very happy with this purchase and I cannot see myself going back to any other brand!"

Above Ave Mid Size SUV

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "smooth driver"

Cons: "ignition coil replacement - costly."

"Overall RX350 has been great to drive. known issues (buyer beware) AFS light blinking, Ignition coils failing. Front ones easy to replace yourself. Rear ones will cost you $800 (Do rear {3} all at once. Rear Power Trunk struggles to work in the winter time."

Best SUV on the market PERIOD!

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"We purchased our 2007 RX350 in April of 2008 as a demo model that our dealership was using as a loaner car. It is certified pre-owned to 3 years 100K miles. We have about 65,000 miles on it now and have driven it 35,000 miles since we have owned it. We have taken this car everywhere, from trips to Tahoe in the winter, to roadtrips to LA (from SF where we live) 3 - 4 times and we even drove to Salt Lake City (1,000mile+ round trip) for a wedding. I can truly say that this car is worth every penny we paid for it. It is roomy for a family of 4. Plenty of cargo room. Also comes with roof rack standard that is easy to work with. Our's came with the 2009 Navigation CD which has never let us down. However, just the other day I was in a newly developed area of town and did not see it on the map so maybe time for an upgrade. All-in-all this car is the most reliable, gas friendly, practical vehicle for a family with 2 kids. Yes, it will cost a little more than the Blazers or Envoys. But, you have to look at the Total Cost Of Ownership and resale value. We bought this car over 2 1/2 years ago for $33K and aside from normal service costs (oil changes and a 60K service (around $400 at the dealer)) the car has gvien us no issues (knock on wood) and I can sell it today for $28K. Not a bad investment as far as cars go in my book."

2004 Lexus RX-330

By on Friday, July 9, 2010

"We purchased this vehicle in 2003 and it has proved to be osne of the best cars we've ever owned. Suprisingly, this thing will go through 12" of snow and it's tractrion control is awsome even on really slippery surfaces. Quick, quiet, reliable. My wife looks great in it and loves it... Our 4th lexus and although some BMW owners might not like the smoth and quiet environment, it's reliability superceeds the need for speed. If you compare the X-5 dollar dor dollar, meaning tires, brakes, fluid changes, even an extra key the word VALUE jumps out at you. Value can be defined in this SUV... Only problemis after 7 years she's tired of it??? Looking at new one this fall."