2007 Lexus RX

Based on 560 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

GREAT EXCEPT THE TRANSMISSION

By on Friday, May 22, 2009

"A DEFECTIVE DESIGN FEATURE CAUSING UNSAFE TRANSMISSION SHIFTING AT LOW SPEEDS AND LEXUS FAILURE TO ACKNOWLDGE OR FIX IT SPOILS AN OTHERWISE GREAT CAR."

Quiet Luxury

By on Saturday, May 23, 2009

"The quietest, most comfortable car I have ever driven. The Mark Levinson audio system is fantastic. Smooth, responsive handling. Luxurious interior styling with super-convenient storage. Best of all, we get terrific gas mileage for an SUV (about 27 mpg for a combination of city and freeway driving)."

great value

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I know it may sound strange to say that a Lexus is a great value, but this car really is. My husband and I shopped around almost 8 months before deciding on the RX- we looked at Nissan, Acura, VW, Subaru and BMW. We wanted to find a great car that was also a great value and the RX was clearly it. It was the most comfortable and has the best rating and best of all it was more affordable than BMW, Acura, VW and Nissan. It was only higher priced than the Subaru but for the difference in comfort it was well worth the difference in cost. As you can tell I'm in love!"

I love this car

By on Sunday, September 2, 2007

"A very comfortable, reliable car, with all (or at least most) of the bells and whistles. It gives me a feeling of security, Seating configurations are great. I am short yet I can sit well over the wheel, giving me a feeling of control. GPS is wonderful; I use it constantly. We've never had any mechanical problems. Right now it has a few scratches which need some body work. Have had the car almost 4 years and everything works as well as when new. The cargo space is not as large as some SUVs, so dont get this if you have a lot of "stuff" to carry around. My husband complains about the gas mileage, not great. My day to day driving around town gets me only about 14 mpg. But on long drives it gets as much as 25 mpg. The performance is good, not as "peppy" as our small BMW but it is solid and easy to drive. I love it and would always own one if money were not a consideration."

Greatest vehicle Ever....

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

"First Rx 300 295,000 miles 2009 has 260,000 and running stronger than ever...."

Great Value in Luxury

By on Thursday, March 11, 2010

"We have been very pleased with our 2005 RX330 AWD. 20-22mpg, only surprise was cost to get oil change at dealer ($55-$70). Replaced Michelin's at $900 (whew!) - great handling and ride. Never a problem."

A quality used SUV Pick

By on Friday, April 17, 2009

"My wife and I was searching for a new SUV, we looked at the 2009 Murano, Tribeca and Acura RDX - all with the luxuary packages. The average cost of each new was over $33,000 dollars. The RDX was too small, the Murano SL has visibility issues, not a true push button start and no ipod adapter. The Tribeca was a little noisy, but adequate with average looks at best. After all the frustration, we saw a used 2006 Lexus 330. After the test drive, it was love at first site. All the luxury features and size at $28K cost with only 29k miles. This SUV was superior to the brand new vehicles we looked at and you get the quality of a Lexus product and warranty - couldn't beat the deal. No ipod adapter, but we use the cassette adapter for idop and it works great. Go quality used, new SUV prices in this catagory are too high and the Lexus has features neither of the new SUVs we tested have: Adaptive head lights and knee airbag for the driver."

Best vehicle I have ever owned and driven.

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, styling, efficiency, overall value."

Cons: "Better fuel economy would be desirable."

"Extremely reliable and practical vehicle for both commuting and travel. Lowest maintenance cost over 10 years of several I have previously owned and driven. Exceptional value-for-money, regardless of kilometers."

Best vehicle ever vs several decades of Mercedes.

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "After 94,000 driving is fun and you feel secure."

Cons: "Absolutely none"

"After owning five Mercedes sedans including diesel models I became discouraged at the maintenance costs and reliability especially of the more recent diesel models. I purchased a Lexus for the first time and it was like walking from the dark out into the daylight. The RX 330 I bought has had reasonable maintenance costs and has been rock solid in all components of reliability. I view Mercedes vehicles as more stylish and elegant, but Lexus is far more value for the money."

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "Style, reliability, value and smooth ride"

Cons: "Design of cockpit, floor mats"

"I like to keep my cars until the wheels fall off! I hesitated to buy (new) because of the price but in the long run, I came out ahead. Love the tightness, smooth ride, gas mileage and reliability. I got the first year body style and it still lookes fresh, still get compliments. I pulled a boat across country with no trouble. I haul dogs, stuff from Home Depot by day and take it out on the town at night! All I've done with it is change oil, tires and scheduled maintenance. The only things I'd change are the front passenger floor mats (not secure, bunch-up), the front dash is a little confusing (wipers, knobs, dials, settings require a degree from MIT, or am I just stupid?), and the arrangement of the cockpit could have been more efficient."