2006 Lexus RX

Based on 559 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

GREAT EXCEPT THE TRANSMISSION

By on Friday, May 22, 2009

"A DEFECTIVE DESIGN FEATURE CAUSING UNSAFE TRANSMISSION SHIFTING AT LOW SPEEDS AND LEXUS FAILURE TO ACKNOWLDGE OR FIX IT SPOILS AN OTHERWISE GREAT CAR."

Good quality SUV

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride"

Cons: "All 4 doors don't unlock when you turn car off"

"I bought my rx400 in August of 09 with 30,000 miles on it. I currently has 88,000 on it now so this car gets plenty of time on the road. My favorite feature is how quite the ride is and comfortable the seats are. In my 2 plus years with this SUV I have averaged 26-27 MPG which is excellent for a mid size SUV. With back seats folded down the rx holds a lot of stuff. I use mine for work and it amazes me how much stuff I can fit back there. I've only had one major problem and that was with the hybrid system converting back to the gas system. It took Lexus a week to fix and it would have cost me $8500 if it wasn't covered under warranty. Glad it was. Other than normal maintaince this SUV has been easy to service and not to expensive. I am overall very happy with my rx400."

By on Thursday, August 9, 2007

"I've been a bit disappointed with the in cabin squeaks and jiggling noises. The brakes also tend to really grab if there's any moisture on the road at all. For the amount I paid for this vehicle, I would expect these to be non-issues."

Quiet Luxury

By on Saturday, May 23, 2009

"The quietest, most comfortable car I have ever driven. The Mark Levinson audio system is fantastic. Smooth, responsive handling. Luxurious interior styling with super-convenient storage. Best of all, we get terrific gas mileage for an SUV (about 27 mpg for a combination of city and freeway driving)."

I love this car

By on Sunday, September 2, 2007

"A very comfortable, reliable car, with all (or at least most) of the bells and whistles. It gives me a feeling of security, Seating configurations are great. I am short yet I can sit well over the wheel, giving me a feeling of control. GPS is wonderful; I use it constantly. We've never had any mechanical problems. Right now it has a few scratches which need some body work. Have had the car almost 4 years and everything works as well as when new. The cargo space is not as large as some SUVs, so dont get this if you have a lot of "stuff" to carry around. My husband complains about the gas mileage, not great. My day to day driving around town gets me only about 14 mpg. But on long drives it gets as much as 25 mpg. The performance is good, not as "peppy" as our small BMW but it is solid and easy to drive. I love it and would always own one if money were not a consideration."