2005 Lexus RX

Based on 559 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

GREAT EXCEPT THE TRANSMISSION

By on Friday, May 22, 2009

"A DEFECTIVE DESIGN FEATURE CAUSING UNSAFE TRANSMISSION SHIFTING AT LOW SPEEDS AND LEXUS FAILURE TO ACKNOWLDGE OR FIX IT SPOILS AN OTHERWISE GREAT CAR."

Quiet Luxury

By on Saturday, May 23, 2009

"The quietest, most comfortable car I have ever driven. The Mark Levinson audio system is fantastic. Smooth, responsive handling. Luxurious interior styling with super-convenient storage. Best of all, we get terrific gas mileage for an SUV (about 27 mpg for a combination of city and freeway driving)."

great value

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I know it may sound strange to say that a Lexus is a great value, but this car really is. My husband and I shopped around almost 8 months before deciding on the RX- we looked at Nissan, Acura, VW, Subaru and BMW. We wanted to find a great car that was also a great value and the RX was clearly it. It was the most comfortable and has the best rating and best of all it was more affordable than BMW, Acura, VW and Nissan. It was only higher priced than the Subaru but for the difference in comfort it was well worth the difference in cost. As you can tell I'm in love!"

I love this car

By on Sunday, September 2, 2007

"A very comfortable, reliable car, with all (or at least most) of the bells and whistles. It gives me a feeling of security, Seating configurations are great. I am short yet I can sit well over the wheel, giving me a feeling of control. GPS is wonderful; I use it constantly. We've never had any mechanical problems. Right now it has a few scratches which need some body work. Have had the car almost 4 years and everything works as well as when new. The cargo space is not as large as some SUVs, so dont get this if you have a lot of "stuff" to carry around. My husband complains about the gas mileage, not great. My day to day driving around town gets me only about 14 mpg. But on long drives it gets as much as 25 mpg. The performance is good, not as "peppy" as our small BMW but it is solid and easy to drive. I love it and would always own one if money were not a consideration."

Greatest vehicle Ever....

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

"First Rx 300 295,000 miles 2009 has 260,000 and running stronger than ever...."