2001 Lexus RX Consumer Reviews

Most reliable and trouble free car ever!

By on Tuesday, April 8, 2014

"This car is now 14 years old. It has never had a major problem. It has never failed to start, all of the systems still work at 100%. It has the same feel and power as it did when I first got it. The styling is such, that even though it may not look like a brand-new model, it looks like a newer car. I will keep it as long as possible. My fear is that if something happens, that it is totaled or stolen, I won't get its real value. It's worth a brand-new car. I have 120,000 miles on it. The dealer says I should expect 200,000 at the minimum. It doesn't burn a drop of oil, and the air-conditioning still will freeze you out. I have heard that this is considered the best SUV model Lexus has made. I cannot imagine a more reliable sturdy car."

So sad to outgrow it!!!!

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"I LOVE MY RX300!!!!!!!!!1 I have an '00, which I purchased used in '04, and it seemed like new. It is the first luxury vehicle I've owned, and I'm sad to say that our growing family needs more space. I'm one of those Moms that will NEVER own a minivan, and this vehicle has well suited our family's needs for the past 4 years. We live in Maine with LOTS of snow, and this vehicle handles amazingly in the snow! We can climb any incline with the SNOW traction setting, and it's so nice to feel so safe and secure even in the slipperiest road conditions. When other cars avoid the road like the plague, we're out for a Sunday drive in our RX! It's as smooth as a sedan, unbelievably quiet. It corners well, looks great, and is extremely comfortable & stylish. You can't go wrong with this vehicle!"

Best car on the road, as far as I'm concerned

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "I love my navigation system, it drives great still"

Cons: "It won't wear out and I want a new car."

"Well, I want to get rid of this car because I want a new car, but I just can't justify it even yet. There's nothing wrong with it! I've driven it everywhere, on the road and in town. Nearly 300000 miles now, and it is quiet, the drive is great, the gas mileage is OK... as advertised. I bought it used with about a thousand miles on it back in 2001. A few small small problems, like the power locks. This year the front defroster on the inside of the dash went out. I still have the original engine, and have had such minimal repairs that I can't even remember them. I just have a great mechanic that checks it over now and then, and do routine maintenance and oil changes. Someone even asked me this year if I just got a new car! The cassette tape deck quit functioning long ago :) What can I say but NO PROBLEMS except for very minor ones."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted