ZIP code

1999 Lexus RX

Based on 424 Ratings for the 1999 - 2003 models.

Best Quality!

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"I purchased my 99 model RX300 new in Aug, 1998. It now got 116K miles. It still runs like new. The engine is smooth and quiet. I drove it to move from Houston to Chicago and back. It had enough room to take all my stuff and another passenger. I haven't had any problem with it except for regular maintenance. I did have to change the rear door lock swtich (it wouldn't lock). This car is also very safe. I was hit in the rear by a Durango on the freeway. The Durango's front end was totally gone with fluid leaking everywhere. My lexus had no frame demage, only had to replace the rear door, the lock was stuck after the impact; and the bumper. Lexus did a great job on the repair. For the last two years, I have been sending my car to a Toyota Dealer for service. It saves me a lot of $$. Especially at the 90K timing belt replacement. I believe that it's about time for the valve cover gasket replacement, I see a little oil leak. But no big deal, I will do it on the next oil change. I'm keeping this car for a long time more. I strongly recommend this car. *The lady who had problem with oil gel in engine, Toyota sent out a warranty letter stating that they will cover all repair. You should check with Lexus.*"

Awesome car!!!

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Awesome car."

Cons: "Gas consumption."

"I have owned a 2000 Lexus RX300 for over 10 years, bought it used, and is a champ!!! Awesome car! Wish I could replace it with another one. This car keeps on going and holds up on value. Lexus are great cars. The only thing with my car now with 179,000 miles+ is high gas consumption. Its doing about 15 mpg in city which is to be expected because of high mileage, but still a great car."

Best vehicle ever owned

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "Luxury options are still operational & looks great"

Cons: "Small gas tank"

"I call my 2000 RX 300 my baby and for 13 years she has been a dream to drive and is still in excellent condition inside and out. I just had to replace brakes and the water pump but I was willing to spend the money since this was really the only expense I have had to do in the 13 years that I owned this car, with the exception of batteries and tires. I have no desire to ever get rid of this car since she runs great and everything is still operational including the heated seats. With all the luxury features that this vehicle has it is no wonder the reviews are so favorable for this car."

Good Car

By on Sunday, December 30, 2007

"I've owned my RX300 for 7 years now. I am very happy with the vehicle. As much as I love the car, the transmission did fail at 99k miles. The repair cost was $4.5k...ouch. Other than that, the car has been very reliable. I bought the car with a navigation system back in 2001. For me, the navigation system is a life saver. It is funny to see the new "portable GPS" systems that folks rant and rave about. I'm like...that's nothing new to me :-)"

lexus rx300 suv- fantastic

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"I bought my rx300 used with lots of mileage on it already. My family mechanic said that the Lexus engine was built to last. So I bought the car from a retired senior with over 100k miles on it. Despite the wear on the interior leather, the SUV itself is a super value for a super car. I've put hard wear and tear, lots of mileage, towed my kids and all their big toys, used it for work for stop and go appointments and like the energizer bunny, it keeps running! I'm very happy with it."