2012 Lexus LS

9.3

Based on 155 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Best car i ever owned

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"This is my 3rd Ls that i have owned, i thought my first two were great cars but this one is much better that the other cars. The navigation system and mark levenson sound system with hard drive is amazing!"

BEST ROAD AUTO EVER !

By on Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, luxurious comfort with V8 power"

Cons: "Handling, expensive maintenance"

"For comfort and luxury on long distance sojourns nothing I've driven comes close. Acquired my LS460L with 17K on it. I was able to buy it for less than $1000 more than the regular length body was retailing for-while the L option isn't worth the initial cost it's been worth the little extra I paid. Quiet, responsive V8 engine, smooth ride. It's expensive to maintain, but what car of size isnt these days ? It isnt going to run a slalom course in record time, but will get you from here to a distant there as comfortably as it can be done ! Highway mileage is 28/gallon !"

quality vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"My 3rd LS. The first 2 met all my expectations. However, this model had wind noise issues in the front windshield posts which they were unable to correct. this was very disappointing."

Outstanding car! Great quality, smooth, powerful,

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, Quality, smooth, drive train"

"extremely quiet, very refined."

best car ever!!!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "all"

"This car is fantastic!!!!!"

Best car I have owned

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, overall quality, pleasure to drive"

"The most noteworthy aspect is the fact that everything works as designed. Seat heat/cool, controls, sound all meet expectations and more. Handling, for such a large car is amazing and I am a very demanding driver. Acceleration is generous and the suspension is surprisingly good. My last car was a CL 65, I was expecting to be Highly disappointed with, well, everything in my next car. The truth is the Lexus is so polished it was like an oasis in comparison."

Best auto ever owned or driven

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Holds the road and fun to drive"

"I traded in a 1998 LS 400. (Still upsetting)it had 150,000 mile, did have regular oil changes and put 3 sets of windshield wipers. First question to Lexus salesman was "when I hold down my unlock will my windows still go down?" Not that I would have dropped the Lexus replacement idea. Fun to drive, 80 MPH is the favorite cruising speed on this 2008. No compaints just wish I could afford 7 colors, one for each day of the week. Have had a Corvette and a 911 but no comparison."

Highest residual value

By on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"This is a great car. the handling and styling on this car are second to none. I cant drive this car without heads turning. If you are debating on getting this car, buy it. For the past 8 years their is not another car on the road that carries the value of this car. The highest residual of any car today!. Guys its the flagship of all sedans. I have driven the Mercedes and BMW and they don't compare."

VERY NICE CAR.

By on Friday, July 11, 2008

"I purchased a 2008 LS460 with the Levinson stero and Nav option, and I am convinced that I could not have made a better choice. the car is hands down the most comfortable car I have ever sat in. The stereo is also the clearest and most accurate sound system in the auto industry. If you have the desire for the ultimate luxury car under $150k, Lexus LS460!"

Quality and Reliability for Less Money

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, quiet under way, powerful, roomy"

Cons: "18-19 mpg overall, noisy at idle, plain styling"

"This is my third Lexus LS, after a 2001 and 2004. I, my friends or my relatives have owned, and I have driven their, S-Class and E-Class Mercedes-Benz; 5-Series and 7-Series BMW; Jaguar XJ; and Audi A8, A7, and A6. I owned two Mercedes before switching to Lexus. All nice cars, but what I need most is a luxury car that never breaks, and the LS has come closest by far. The 2001 and 2004, essentially that same car with a face-lift, were much quieter but did not offer the long wheelbase. Try it, and your friends and colleagues will never let you go back to the shorter wheelbase. The 2010 direct injection motor is noisy at idle but generates much more horsepower and torque. Turn off the traction control and stability control (how did we ever safely drive a car before these inventions?), put the transmission in "Power" and the suspension in "Sport," and the car can hustle. Reviewers never seem to tweak the car in this way, but it changes the character of the sedan. The interior (black aniline leather, Alcantara headliner) looks fantastic even after 95,000 miles of daily commuting. Rear seat passengers love the power screens on the rear passenger windows and rear window when the sun is out in summer. No trying to find the tiny hook by hand. All the systems - Bluetooth phone, satellite radio, CD/DVD player (and yes, you can watch DVD movies with fantastic Mark Levinson sound on the media screen when the car is in not in drive, but why would you?), navigation, voice command - have been flawless. In fact, of the three LSs there has been only one component failure: the back-up camera in the 2004 failed and was replaced under warranty in one day. My friend spent $17,000 in repairs on his BMW 540i in the last two years (6th and 7th) of ownership, and my brother left the BMW fold after three 7-Series because of the massive repair expense. I know each person has his or her own thoughts on where to have service/maintenance performed, but I have always had the dealer work on my cars (Mercedes, Audi, and Lexus). I spent more, undoubtedly, up front but I have always had a car in great shape, and a new, clean loaner while it was being worked on. And the resale value was always at the top of the range. It is hard to get excited about an LS if you value style over substance, or image over reliability. I love Mercedes-Benz, but I got tired of showing up at the dealership with a rear window that was stuck down, or an inoperative mass flow air sensor (again) and a $600 repair bill. (Mercedes split the cost of the first one and I had to eat the second one.) Also, the dealer experience with Lexus has always been professional and courteous. All scheduled maintenance done in one day with a loaner. Test drives overnight or over the weekend so my family of six and I can appreciate whether the potential purchase is right for us. Couldn't be happier with the car and the dealer."