2008 Lexus LS

9.3

Based on 153 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Simply Outstanding

By on Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"This is truly the best Luxury car for the price [under $75.000] on the market today. I have owned the top of the line Mercedes Benz and have driven my neighbors BMW 750I. Beleive me they dont come close in comfort, ride or get up & go. Many of my neighbors own luxury cars and are in awe after driving or riding in my LS460"

Our Fifth LS since 1990, best car ever!!

By on Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Pros: "quality, finish, room, music, sunroof, everything!"

Cons: "Never had a problem, so we dont have any negatives"

"I sold my MBZ 560SEL to buy our first LS back in 1990. This 2011 is our fifth! The quality is simply the best, the dealership has always treated us like we are the most important people in the world. Cost a little bit more but have never had a problem with any of them, period. The leather, paint, quality is simply world class, best. LEXUS sets the bar, and nobody comes close."

If Substance Means More to You Than Image

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Price, quality, reliability, dealer experience."

Cons: "Fuel mileage, idle noise, can't program underway."

"This is my third LS, after a 2001 and a 2004. This one has more horsepower, more torque, and more room. What makes the LS 460L AWD, and all of my LSs, outstanding is its reliability. Things don't break. My Mercedes E-Class was a great car - I loved it - but I got tired of windows not going up, or air mass flow sensors failing. Three LSs and one defective part: the backup camera on the 2004 failed and was repaired under warranty the same day. And this car can hustle when needed. Just turn off the traction control and stability control, set the transmission to "Power" and the suspension to "Sport" and experience a whole new car. I wish more reviewers would set up the car this way before they write about the cushy, bland ride. Properly tuned, the ride is stiff but well-controlled, and the transmission keeps the engine higher in the torque curve. The all-wheel drive is seamless, and in deep snow you can raise the suspension about two inches and get over the pile of snow shoved up against the end of your driveway by the snow plows. The interior has 95,000 miles on it and looks new. All the little things still work perfectly, from the electric screens on the rear passenger windows, to the self-closing doors, to the self-leveling suspension, to the one-touch auto-close windows (all four) and sunroof, to the easy-exit driver's seat, to the auto-dimming high beams, to the self-closing trunk. Even the automatic parking for parallel and back-in stalls not only still works, but is easy to use after two or three practice runs. Now the negatives. Fuel mileage is around 18.9 mpg mixed highway/city, down almost two mpg from the earlier, less-powerful cars. The direct-injection engine idles like a diesel. Both of these disappointments are offset for the most part by the increased horsepower and torque, but I would have thought Lexus could have retained its reputation for silent running with superior engineering. The driver's seat, though luxurious, has a seat pad that does not extend as far forward in its adjustment as the older cars and does not support my legs as well as before. (I am 6'3".) And you can't operate much of the navigation system and Bluetooth telephone by the information screen when the car is underway, a false safety feature. All in all a great car for about $10,000 less than the competition, and worth even more when you go to sell or trade it."

Best car I've ever had.

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive."

Cons: "Expensive routine maintenance."

"Beautiful and comfortable. Loaded with luxury. Tires wear out too fast. Routine maintenance very expensive."

Rides like a dream.

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Smooth, beautiful and comfortable."

Cons: "None."

"Solid. Handles exceptionally well. This car loves to travel at 75-80 mph. At those speeds, 30 mpg. Hard to beat large, luxurious and fuel efficient. City is about 21 mpg."