2007 Lexus LS

9.3

Based on 155 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

value for money

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "value for money"

"After owning 2 "S" class Mercedes this is a breath of fresh air. So comfortable and reliable compared to the hard and troublesome Mercs.."

Very smooth (not tight) ride. All Quality.

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Exceptional quality. Great value retention."

Cons: "None."

"The ride is like being on a cloud. If you like a tight feel, like a BMW or Mercedes, buy one of those. Everything reeks of quality. This car loves to go 75 to 80 mph. At those speeds, I usually get over 29.5 mph!"

LEXUS HAS ACHIEVED "PERFECTION" WITH THE LS460L.

By on Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pros: "FAIR PRICE, GREAT ENJOYMENT TO DRIVE"

Cons: "ADD AUTO TRUNK CLOSING."

"MY ONLY CONCERN HAS BEEN SOMEONE PUTTING A SCRATCH ON THE DOOR OR BUMPER. SO FAR ONLY A HAIR SCRATCH. SERVICE IS A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE AT THE DEALERSHIP. LOTS OF POWER, QUIET, SMOOTH ACCELERATION AND BRAKING. FEEL VERY SAFE KNOWING THE ENDLESS NUMBER OF AIR BAGS. LEXUS REALLY IS ON THE EDGE OF CREATING PERFECTION WITH MY LS 460L. THE 5 EXTRA INCHES FOR LEG ROOM IN THE BACK SEAT MAKES IT SUPER EASY FOR FRIENDS."

Luxury that makes sense

By on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"This car is practically perfect in every way. It is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned with a well controlled quiet ride, great transmission and engine. Plenty of punch when you need it. You have to be careful not to drift up in speed too much because it cruises so effortlessly. A sportscar it is not, but for daily driving it is flawless. As a bonus it gets 30 MPG on the highway. Although expensive to purchase, it holds its value. I plan to hang on to this one for a long time. Why change, there is nothing better!"

Once you own one you will want for nothing else...

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "ultimate luxury ride, vanity mirrors/backseat"

"I was completely surprised about how quickly I fell in love with this car after having a couple of Infinitis and a BMW. There is just something special about how this car rides and accelerates. I got 28 miles per gallon on the highway and 30.5 with the A/C unit off traveling 9 hours interstate and an hour on side roads. I cannot find anything I do not like about the car except I had to get beige mats because the ones it came with were dark grey which contrasted with the beige interior and I didn't like that."

Simply Outstanding

By on Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"This is truly the best Luxury car for the price [under $75.000] on the market today. I have owned the top of the line Mercedes Benz and have driven my neighbors BMW 750I. Beleive me they dont come close in comfort, ride or get up & go. Many of my neighbors own luxury cars and are in awe after driving or riding in my LS460"

Our Fifth LS since 1990, best car ever!!

By on Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Pros: "quality, finish, room, music, sunroof, everything!"

Cons: "Never had a problem, so we dont have any negatives"

"I sold my MBZ 560SEL to buy our first LS back in 1990. This 2011 is our fifth! The quality is simply the best, the dealership has always treated us like we are the most important people in the world. Cost a little bit more but have never had a problem with any of them, period. The leather, paint, quality is simply world class, best. LEXUS sets the bar, and nobody comes close."

Best car I've ever had.

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive."

Cons: "Expensive routine maintenance."

"Beautiful and comfortable. Loaded with luxury. Tires wear out too fast. Routine maintenance very expensive."

Rides like a dream.

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Smooth, beautiful and comfortable."

Cons: "None."

"Solid. Handles exceptionally well. This car loves to travel at 75-80 mph. At those speeds, 30 mpg. Hard to beat large, luxurious and fuel efficient. City is about 21 mpg."

Very reliable vehicle

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "responsive power"

"My LS600hL has been extremely dependable. I average 23mpg city/hwy; power is quick and responsive. Cabin noise is very dampened compared to the ext environment. During long trips its easy to forget how fast your driving as the engine barely hums and road noise is no different at 90mph vs 35mph. Maintenance has been worry free but oil changes can be pricey especially if you use synthetics as the vehicle has a 9.5L oil capacity. Great vehicle over all - kids love the DVD entertainment system; the Mark Levinson sound system easily rivals a home theater in clarity."

What an awesome car!

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride, quiet, dependable, safe, luxurious!"

Cons: "Pricey, but worth it!"

"I've owned Mercedes S class, Audi and BMW 525i but this is by far the most technologically advanced car ever! It does everything from park itself to find a lunch spot when I'm hungry! It also has reclining rear seats, HDD Voice Command navigation system, Mark Levinson 14 speakers sound system and power door closers just to name a few options! Wow! Everyday, I learn a new feature about this car. The ride is quiet, smooth and luxurious. Definitely not sporty! If you prefer a sporty drive then BMW is the car but if you want to be bathed in luxury, this is it!"

best vehicle ever

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Very quite, smooth, my kind of car"

Cons: "can't think of any"

"I hane owned this car LS460l since new and had an 02 Lexus 430 for 7 yrs. it was a wonderful auto. I didn't even put brakes or battery in it,over a 100,000 miles I didn't think a new 08' would be equal to it, boy was I wrong. How could Lexus make a car run so smooth. It does have the air suspension,upgrade interior and radio. Man what a radio 19 speakers w/450 watt. amp. Anyhow I just love this car."

#1 Car

By on Thursday, October 1, 2009

"this car is far most one of the top luxary vehcles on the road. Great handling & style. Great Navigation system. I traded in my LS430 for a ls460L AWD Sorry Benz & BMW & Audi"

Lexus LS 460 review

By on Saturday, May 2, 2009

"The Lexus LS is the most comfortable car I've ever driven or been in. It really keeps its value. I've Lexus LSs for fourteen years and have not had a single problem with any if mine. I have friends that have the BMW 7 series and Mercedes S-class and they aren't very happy with them. They have confusing controls, don't keep their value, and aren't reliable. The Lexus LS is also a lot less than those cars."

best car ever

By on Saturday, June 24, 2017

Pros: "It has everything"

Cons: "amp stop working, dealer replaced at no cost"

"After having BMW 7series and Mercedes S class which required continuous maintenance, Lexus is the most reliable, logically and mechanically as well as electronically engineered car ever."

Quality and Reliability for Less Money

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, quiet under way, powerful, roomy"

Cons: "18-19 mpg overall, noisy at idle, plain styling"

"This is my third Lexus LS, after a 2001 and 2004. I, my friends or my relatives have owned, and I have driven their, S-Class and E-Class Mercedes-Benz; 5-Series and 7-Series BMW; Jaguar XJ; and Audi A8, A7, and A6. I owned two Mercedes before switching to Lexus. All nice cars, but what I need most is a luxury car that never breaks, and the LS has come closest by far. The 2001 and 2004, essentially that same car with a face-lift, were much quieter but did not offer the long wheelbase. Try it, and your friends and colleagues will never let you go back to the shorter wheelbase. The 2010 direct injection motor is noisy at idle but generates much more horsepower and torque. Turn off the traction control and stability control (how did we ever safely drive a car before these inventions?), put the transmission in "Power" and the suspension in "Sport," and the car can hustle. Reviewers never seem to tweak the car in this way, but it changes the character of the sedan. The interior (black aniline leather, Alcantara headliner) looks fantastic even after 95,000 miles of daily commuting. Rear seat passengers love the power screens on the rear passenger windows and rear window when the sun is out in summer. No trying to find the tiny hook by hand. All the systems - Bluetooth phone, satellite radio, CD/DVD player (and yes, you can watch DVD movies with fantastic Mark Levinson sound on the media screen when the car is in not in drive, but why would you?), navigation, voice command - have been flawless. In fact, of the three LSs there has been only one component failure: the back-up camera in the 2004 failed and was replaced under warranty in one day. My friend spent $17,000 in repairs on his BMW 540i in the last two years (6th and 7th) of ownership, and my brother left the BMW fold after three 7-Series because of the massive repair expense. I know each person has his or her own thoughts on where to have service/maintenance performed, but I have always had the dealer work on my cars (Mercedes, Audi, and Lexus). I spent more, undoubtedly, up front but I have always had a car in great shape, and a new, clean loaner while it was being worked on. And the resale value was always at the top of the range. It is hard to get excited about an LS if you value style over substance, or image over reliability. I love Mercedes-Benz, but I got tired of showing up at the dealership with a rear window that was stuck down, or an inoperative mass flow air sensor (again) and a $600 repair bill. (Mercedes split the cost of the first one and I had to eat the second one.) Also, the dealer experience with Lexus has always been professional and courteous. All scheduled maintenance done in one day with a loaner. Test drives overnight or over the weekend so my family of six and I can appreciate whether the potential purchase is right for us. Couldn't be happier with the car and the dealer."

relentless pursuit of perfection

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "see preceding"

Cons: "can't find any"

"outstanding fit/finish, reliability, performance....legendary quality control you can pay lots more, but you can't buy better"

Best value for the money, Reliability is Very Good

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "all around great car"

Cons: "none come to mind"

"Only back to the dealer for oil changes and 20,000 mile service which was reasonable. If you want a luxurious vehicle and do not want to pay a lot of money, the base LS 460 is the car for you. Enjoy the ride."

great car

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"I looked at S class, 7 series, etc. This car has everything, drives great, and never lets me down the way past German cars have. I will buy this same car again in a few years!"

I just want to keep driving it!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "a true ultra luxury ride."

"I love this car and everything about it. I usually get a different car every 2 or 3 years. However I am not sure I will be able to find a car that I like better than this one. Maybe I will just get a different color. HA! I have ownd Infiniti Mercedes Acura and BMW. I have not owned an Audi yet however I am sure it would not ride as beautiful as this car."

Its the best car i even owned

By on Monday, November 15, 2010

"This is my 2nd Lexus, traded in my GS 350 AWD to LS 460 L AWD. Its not as fast as GS but it still got lot of punch. Super Comfortable and ride is very quiet and steady. Levinston surround sound system is the best,navigation system is great. Nothing wrong with this car,"

Best car i ever owned

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"This is my 3rd Ls that i have owned, i thought my first two were great cars but this one is much better that the other cars. The navigation system and mark levenson sound system with hard drive is amazing!"

BEST ROAD AUTO EVER !

By on Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, luxurious comfort with V8 power"

Cons: "Handling, expensive maintenance"

"For comfort and luxury on long distance sojourns nothing I've driven comes close. Acquired my LS460L with 17K on it. I was able to buy it for less than $1000 more than the regular length body was retailing for-while the L option isn't worth the initial cost it's been worth the little extra I paid. Quiet, responsive V8 engine, smooth ride. It's expensive to maintain, but what car of size isnt these days ? It isnt going to run a slalom course in record time, but will get you from here to a distant there as comfortably as it can be done ! Highway mileage is 28/gallon !"

quality vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"My 3rd LS. The first 2 met all my expectations. However, this model had wind noise issues in the front windshield posts which they were unable to correct. this was very disappointing."

Outstanding car! Great quality, smooth, powerful,

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, Quality, smooth, drive train"

"extremely quiet, very refined."