2006 Lexus LS

9.6

Based on 271 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

9.8/10

excellent road car and very dependable

By on Sunday, October 11, 2015

Pros: "Large truck and very comfortable seating"

Cons: "Wish it used regular gas but small price to pay"

"Owned the car since 2010. It had less than 30,000 miles when I purchased it now nearly 250,000. I have had only 2 minor repairs and regular maintained. It is a road car and you can not find a better one. Plan on keeping it a while longer and when it is replaced I hope to buy another one."

Total comfort and reliability

By on Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Pros: "Completely reliable. Extraordinarily quiet."

Cons: "Exterior somewhat boring."

"For the prior 30 years I drove Mercedes cars, all of which had periodic mechanical and electrical defects and two of which were constantly having problems. Same was true for my neighbors. So in 2006 I took the jump and bought an LS430. It has been absolutely reliable. It is amazingly quiet. I get decent mileage (26 to 27 MPG on long distance trips, 17 MPG for constant city driving). I also prefer this model to the newer LS460 which several friends bought, all of whom had the prior LS430 and all of whom say the same thing: the LS430 has far better visibility than the LS460."

Best Car I've Owned

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Size, Smooth Ride, Current Price, Awesome Design"

Cons: "Cup Holders too low. Tall cups fall out."

"I bought my 2001 Lexus LS 430 from an elderly couple in their 80's. They bought it brand new and kept it garaged and lightly driven for 12 years. All the maintenance was done at Lexus the entire time they owned it. I immediately fell in love with the smooth ride and shifting. The large roomy interior. The Mark Levinston sound system was great but all the speakers were dry rotted, so I replaced all the speakers including the subwoofer and wow, what a sound. I drove it for 13 hours to Kansas City and it was like floating on a cloud. Even though it is an 8 cylinder using premium gas, it really got pretty good gas mileage. I was first intimidated by only being able to use premium gas but since I don't drive it daily, that's no problem at all. Now I can't wait to graduate to the 2006 LS 460 and up. I have been driving Toyota Avalon's for years so I'm very familiar with quality. I did have to replace 2 of the tires and it road even smoother after that."

Superb Car

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"The Lexus LS430 is the finest sedan in the world with a new list price of under $100,000. It has a superb ride, performs well, gives outstanding gas mileage, and has a reputation for quality that is second to none. A "Certified Pre-Owned" model about three years old can be purchased for under $35,000 and still have a factory backed bumper-to-bumper warranty that covers you for three years and up to 100,000 miles on the odometer. Dealers will give free loaners, and will even come to your house to pick up the car and drop off a loaner. There is no other pre-owned car in the world that can compete with this. If you want an exceptional car with fantastic comfort and prestige that represents a great value you need look no further."

Excellent condition , like new, all service record

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

"I purchased this car new. It has been serviced every 5000 miles. Always parked car where it could get no door damage. It was always serviced at the Lexus dealer. I have all records and so should Charles Barker Lexus. New breaks, new tires. All service recommend by dealer has been complied with. This car was going to be my last car. Have friends that have same car with over 400, 000 miles. Car has always be garage . Waxed once a month since new."