2006 Lexus LS

9.6

Based on 270 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Vehicle is solid.

By on Tuesday, February 4, 2014

"Bought car used 8 years ago.Excellent vehicle. Only recommendation, and a VERY strong one, is buy Blizzacks (snow tires) for the winter. I try to avoid dealer for most items - can't see dealer value on a car this old - a good mechanic can keep it running well at a good savings."

another great lexus product

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "much more car for your money than most others"

Cons: "none to speak of"

"I continue to be impressed by Lexus. My first one was a 1992 SC400 that may well have been the best car I ever owned, but I foolishly sold it with 302,000 miles on it. Since then I also had an 2002 SC430, one of the most enjoyable cars to drive (and be seen in) I've had. Currently, I have a 2003 GS300 (Sport Edition) with 168,000 on it, which has been wonderful in all aspects, and a 2001 LS430 which redefines the luxury car. Extremely comfortable, nimble, and powerful with all the creature comforts one could ask for. If you're considering one, go for it! I've put a total of about 600,000 miles on my Lexuses and never needed more than routine maintenance."

My Lexus Lemon's Replacement

By on Friday, August 28, 2009

"My first new Lexus was the 2001 LS430. A lemon under Georgia law, Lexus replaced it with an identical 2002 model after six months of aggravation. But I was already a LS fan. This model has been perfect mechanically. I love to use the shifter to engine brake and to accelerate. despite the geniuses who designed the center console with the cup holders between me and the shifter. Add to that the Lexus Link message each and every time you start the car despite the Link being gone. They could not eliminate this recording without removing the Memo recorder. Throw in the mandatory waiver to look at the Navigation screen each and every time which does not allow for the possibility of my passenger using the Navi unit. I must be stopped to do most of the navigating. Have I mentioned how the CD changer's display will tell me the time that has elapsed for the current playing tune. Why would anyone want that information instead of the time remaining for a tune? And why isn't there a pause button for the CD player? Every home unit has one. But I LUVS my Lexus!!"

excellent road car and very dependable

By on Sunday, October 11, 2015

Pros: "Large truck and very comfortable seating"

Cons: "Wish it used regular gas but small price to pay"

"Owned the car since 2010. It had less than 30,000 miles when I purchased it now nearly 250,000. I have had only 2 minor repairs and regular maintained. It is a road car and you can not find a better one. Plan on keeping it a while longer and when it is replaced I hope to buy another one."

Total comfort and reliability

By on Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Pros: "Completely reliable. Extraordinarily quiet."

Cons: "Exterior somewhat boring."

"For the prior 30 years I drove Mercedes cars, all of which had periodic mechanical and electrical defects and two of which were constantly having problems. Same was true for my neighbors. So in 2006 I took the jump and bought an LS430. It has been absolutely reliable. It is amazingly quiet. I get decent mileage (26 to 27 MPG on long distance trips, 17 MPG for constant city driving). I also prefer this model to the newer LS460 which several friends bought, all of whom had the prior LS430 and all of whom say the same thing: the LS430 has far better visibility than the LS460."