2006 Lexus LS

9.6

Based on 270 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Amazing Car

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"I have had zero problems with this car after 36,000 miles (it's an 04). The pick up is extraordinary with an incredibly smooth ride on the highway. A great feature when you drive on hills is if you tap the break while going down a hill it automatically downshifts so you don't have to ride the brakes down the hill. It's one of the few traction control rear wheel drive cars that actually drives well in the snow. Forget the BMW or Benz, this is the best luxury car out there for $70K."

Best luxury car on the road

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Extraordinary value and very reliable"

Cons: "Absolutely none"

"We bought this car when it was 2 years old with 28K miles. We've put almost 100K on it. We've replaced a water pump based on the dealers recommendation (It had not failed/was not leaking) and rear wheel bearings. One set of brakes and two sets of tires and one battery. That is phenominal reliability and very low cost of ownership. This LS 430 is technically and functionally superior in every category to my 2001 BMW 740i. Seat adjustment, seat heating, seat comfort,sound system, Nav system, windshield wippers are all significantly better on the LS430. Ours has the rare "Performance Suspension" and handles noticeably better than the standard LS 430. The BMW is a little more fun to drive - it is a driving machine - just not well engineered for durability/reliability."

13 years old and still my best car!

By on Friday, February 24, 2017

Pros: "Solid performing luxury vehicle."

Cons: "Lexus overcharges for routine service."

"Best Japanese made vehicle I have ever owned and I really love this car. Had cupholder replaced, hate the GPS upgrades (I use either old version or Garmin portable GPS, some electrical circuits/bulbs replaced, and only have it serviced at Toyota dealerships to keep costs way down. I also own a Toyota Avalon which is a great car but I really like the weight and power of the LS430. The maintenances costs are low and I will drive this vehicle until it falls apart ... even would consider replacing the engine if I needed to in order to keep the body/interior with its comfort."

Great luxury Vehicle

By on Saturday, September 10, 2016

excellent ride

"I was taking my 05 4runner for inspection when i noticed this beauty for sale at a local dealership. I ve had my eyes on this model for years so i went in an took it for a test drive on the highway.I was quite surprise with the acceleration on this ride and therefore was immediately SOLD. It didnt take alot of convincing from my wife once she sat in it and took it for a short spin.So i traded my 95 Lexus ls 400 with 285 000 miles for this 05 ls 430 with 111 000 miles.After owning this car for a little under 2 years we had no problems except an AC/filter for cooling system that needed replaced. i just love driving this car...."

excellent ride

You won't find a better luxury car!

By on Saturday, January 2, 2016

Pros: "Excellent reliability, quality, styling"

Cons: "Back seat cusion support (see summary)"

"I have had my pearl white 2004 LS430 for 8 months and have only put 6,000 miles on it. So far I sit just under 85K miles. I love everything about this car. You can feel the build quality from how the doors seal when they shut to the near silent telescoping and tilt steering wheel motors. I have owned several BMW's, a few Mercedes, and nothing compares to this Lexus. This car is hands down the best luxury car money can buy. The ONLY downside I have found yet is that I'm 6'2" and I like to drive with both hands on the steering wheel. To do this, I have to keep the seat up high and the back tilted upright so my knees can bend enough which hurts my back after a while. I wish this car had adjustable pedals that I could move back under the dash a little further so I could comfortably sit closer to the steering wheel. If you are thinking about owning a Lexus LS430 you will not be disappointed!"