2001 Lexus LS

9.6

Based on 270 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Best Vehicle Made !!

By on Sunday, November 23, 2008

"I have a 2002 LS430 with 60K miles. Not a single problem. I've owned Mercedes (always in the shop), BMW (maintenance nightmare), JAG (just plain junk), AUDI (pretty good car) but none of them compare to the LS430. The cars just DO NOT break down. I also have an LS400 that is an outstanding vehicle.. just not as many goodies as the LS430. If you are considering purchasing an LS430, you will not be disappointed."

Love this car.

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"I'm having work done on this wonderful car and I came here to decide if it was worth the money. Looking at what it would cost me to get something comparable and knowing this has been paid off for years, I'm keeping this baby. A 2003 White LS 430, garage kept, I'd be crazy to sell this great ride. I'm replacing a door lock and mirror motor. With 3 different custom settings, this option has been used a lot over the last 10 years. My kids were hoping I would pass this one down to them, as I did the last 2, but I love the LS 430. By the way, the first two stayed in the family until 200,000 and that's my plan for this one. Why waste money on a depreciating asset."

Love this car!

By on Saturday, September 3, 2011

Pros: "Handles beautifully, looks fabulous and very comfortable to ride in front or back"

Cons: "No Lexus link anymore. To bad it was a great feature."

"i've owned this car for 9 years and It is a fabulous ride. it is so comfortable And mine does have cup holders. I have been faced with near accidents in which I have had to react quickly and the car handles like a dream. The drawbacks were the removal of Lexus link system. This was a major selling feature. Another drawback was the cost of updating of the navigation system which Lexus wanted 1000.00 to do it. We felt the cost was out of line. The last drawback was having the voice activation working only 2 percent of the time until I gave up. Regardless of the drawbacks I still love love love this car! I would definitely recommend this car to a friend!"

Can't Get Much Better For A Used Car!

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "Almost everything."

Cons: "Steering a bit tight."

"I am the second owner of this car and, for the price on this year with all of the quality and extras, it can't be beat. The extended warranty insurance company was so sure about this car that they gave me a bumper to bumper warranty, no deductions and all electronics, for the next 75,000 miles; no time limit. Built in Japan, the quality can't be matched! If you find one that you like, buy it!"

Amazing Car

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"I have had zero problems with this car after 36,000 miles (it's an 04). The pick up is extraordinary with an incredibly smooth ride on the highway. A great feature when you drive on hills is if you tap the break while going down a hill it automatically downshifts so you don't have to ride the brakes down the hill. It's one of the few traction control rear wheel drive cars that actually drives well in the snow. Forget the BMW or Benz, this is the best luxury car out there for $70K."

The Sweet Spot For Lexus

By on Friday, September 16, 2016

Pros: "The High Point In Automotive Design"

Cons: "Not Enough Of Them Still Available"

"I bought this car 7 years ago as a certified pre owned with 34K miles. It now has 99K. It still drives like a dream. I frequently drive new and used cars at my job at a nationwide auto auction. I can honestly say that I have yet to drive a car, any brand, any age that I prefer over my LS430. It is anvil reliable, super comfortable and something that is so rare in cars, particularly newer ones, ergonomically perfect. Every control is exactly where it should be and operates intuitively without guesswork. Every button and knob operates with velvety smoothness that just reeks quality (and we are talking about a car that is now 13 years old!). If you can find a clean 2001-2006 do not hesitate. P.S. Avoid the air suspension"

Best luxury car on the road

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Extraordinary value and very reliable"

Cons: "Absolutely none"

"We bought this car when it was 2 years old with 28K miles. We've put almost 100K on it. We've replaced a water pump based on the dealers recommendation (It had not failed/was not leaking) and rear wheel bearings. One set of brakes and two sets of tires and one battery. That is phenominal reliability and very low cost of ownership. This LS 430 is technically and functionally superior in every category to my 2001 BMW 740i. Seat adjustment, seat heating, seat comfort,sound system, Nav system, windshield wippers are all significantly better on the LS430. Ours has the rare "Performance Suspension" and handles noticeably better than the standard LS 430. The BMW is a little more fun to drive - it is a driving machine - just not well engineered for durability/reliability."

Great luxury Vehicle

By on Saturday, September 10, 2016

excellent ride

"I was taking my 05 4runner for inspection when i noticed this beauty for sale at a local dealership. I ve had my eyes on this model for years so i went in an took it for a test drive on the highway.I was quite surprise with the acceleration on this ride and therefore was immediately SOLD. It didnt take alot of convincing from my wife once she sat in it and took it for a short spin.So i traded my 95 Lexus ls 400 with 285 000 miles for this 05 ls 430 with 111 000 miles.After owning this car for a little under 2 years we had no problems except an AC/filter for cooling system that needed replaced. i just love driving this car...."

excellent ride

You won't find a better luxury car!

By on Saturday, January 2, 2016

Pros: "Excellent reliability, quality, styling"

Cons: "Back seat cusion support (see summary)"

"I have had my pearl white 2004 LS430 for 8 months and have only put 6,000 miles on it. So far I sit just under 85K miles. I love everything about this car. You can feel the build quality from how the doors seal when they shut to the near silent telescoping and tilt steering wheel motors. I have owned several BMW's, a few Mercedes, and nothing compares to this Lexus. This car is hands down the best luxury car money can buy. The ONLY downside I have found yet is that I'm 6'2" and I like to drive with both hands on the steering wheel. To do this, I have to keep the seat up high and the back tilted upright so my knees can bend enough which hurts my back after a while. I wish this car had adjustable pedals that I could move back under the dash a little further so I could comfortably sit closer to the steering wheel. If you are thinking about owning a Lexus LS430 you will not be disappointed!"

Best Luxury Car

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pros: "Build quality, smooth ride, great engine etc."

"The 2004 Lexus LS430 is the best luxury car because it is very reliable, has a very smooth ride and alot of power. It is also very quiet and the build quality is excellent. I have owned and driven many cars from Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile etc. and none compare. Most expensive luxury cars are always in and out of the shop having something repaired but the Lexus is not and when you do have to take your car in for routine maintenance you receive outstanding customer service from the Lexus Dealership."