ZIP code

2000 Lexus LS

9.7

Based on 181 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

The Greatest Car Ever Built

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Greatest car ever built. Quality, comfort, speed.."

Cons: "Cost of repairs, but they are rare. Buy one."

We named it Rio Silverado. When we got it we partied at The Rio in Vegas.

"I challenge you to read Chester Dawson -The Relentless Pursuit. I am a car freak. I have an internet car show. I drove in car commercials. I owned a restoration shop and raced in SCCA. I love cars, all kinds. But, this one, this one stopped me from buying cars like kids eat chips. It will run Albuquerque to Las Vegas at 90-100mph and get 25-28 with a full house. Its quiet, fast, balanced, and if you care for it, it will be your sanctuary from whatever you do for a living. As was said earlier, if you can find one, buy it now. BTW: Wifey has 189K on her 1999 LS400. Read the book, this IS the greatest car ever build."

We named it Rio Silverado. When we got it we partied at The Rio in Vegas.

Best Vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Great looks and fast"

Cons: "timeing belt evey 65k pricy but worth it"

"Purchased vehicle in 1999 serviced and maintained by professional Lexus mechanic. Best car ever. Continue to drive daily 130 each day and still get 23MPG. Will run with it until it dies, hopefully another 150k. Great motor and comfort."

most reliable and most comfortable ride, safe,

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "what a luxury car should be"

Cons: "dealer maintence is expensive find a good independ"

"I get 20 mpg in town and 26 to 27 on the highway"

1998 Lexus LS 400

By on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"Here's something to watch out for. The Nakamichi sound system is VERY difficult to find parts for. My amp goes out and then comes back. I finally managed to find a used amp on e-Bay but I have not had it put in yet since my current amp is still operating more as opposed to less. The car also surges when you first take off. A "tune up" briefly cured this but now it is back. This is my second LS. Awesome velicle despite the issues above. Plus, a great value compared to buying one new. I've owned LSs for 12 years now, all bought used."

This car is simply the best ever made.

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "The most dependable car ever owned. A pleasure to drive."

Cons: "Nothing that I can think of."

1999 Lexus LS400

"I have owned many automobiles during the past 60 years. This Lexus is the best overall car I have ever owned and driven. Nothing compares to it."

1999 Lexus LS400

Outstanding!

By on Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Bought my '98 LS400 in 2003. Best car I've ever had! Overall look still stylish today. Smooth, powerful, quiet and handles well for a big sedan. Extremely reliable. Keep fresh fluids in it and pay attention to the maintenance schedule and it's really not pricey to maintain. Over the long haul, a LOT LESS than I'd spend on a comparable Mercedes / BMW. I'm looking into buying a Lexus GX470. My wife asks me how much we'd get for the LX. I tell her zero. I'm never selling this car!"

nice vehicle

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"good riding vehicle, if you take vehicle to dealership for repairs, it will cost you an arm and a leg. go to an independent mechanic for all your repairs, unless you still have warranty on your vehicle. these vehicles will run a long time, but you have to up keep the maintenance! before you buy, see if you can get all the repair record for this vehicle from a lexus dealership, main thing is timing belt replacement at 90k miles. otherwise you have a good vehicle and good gas mileage vehicle, 24 mpg on freeways."

AWESOME CAR!!!!!

By on Saturday, March 25, 2017

"Wow I am not sure where to start. This car still feels like it has 20K miles on it. Only real work done to it was the timing belt, water pump, and all the 100K maintenance. Sure some parts may be a bit pricey but they will last you a good 100K-200K miles. I love this car so much she is so quiet on the road and has an awesome stock sound system. She is even fun to ride with that V8 in her. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking at it. Just make sure if the car is around the 100K miles that the timing belt was done. Its supposed to be done at 90K but the previous owners on mine did not do it and I got the car at 120K so I had to catch up on all the maintenance they did not do, but after that she has been smooth."

Best Car I have Ever Owned!

By on Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pros: "Sound, reliable, well built dependable car."

Cons: "Small Cup holders"

"I am the original owner of a 1997 LS 400. The car was purchased new in South Carolina and other than routine maintenance every 30K miles and oil changes, brakes and tires, this car has never been in for any repairs. Everything on this car still works. It is as quiet and smooth as it was the day I bought the car 15 years ago. It is driven daily 30 miles round trip and I average 26-27 mpg hwy, 21 mpg city consistently. It calls for "Premium", but I have used midgrade gasoline for all these years with no problems. This car has been driven on very long trips at least 10 times with absolutely no problems. It has also driven over 200 miles to the University our son attended more times than we can count until last year without a hitch. It is RWD, so this car is driven about 9 months per year and usually garaged from Dec-Mar, depending on the weather here in NC. We have yet to see the "Check Engine" light to come on in 15 years. Amazing car."

engineered for 300,000 miles

By on Thursday, August 2, 2007

"never had a problem in 12 years. these cars don't break. After all these years the ride is smooth just like the day it was new, unbelivable."