1998 Lexus LS

9.7

Based on 183 Ratings for the 1995 - 2000 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

Best Used Car Ever

By on Monday, October 17, 2016

Pros: "Reliability and Comfort"

"Purchased my '98 in '03 with 62,000 miles. As of 11.17.2016, I have 446,012 miles. I replaced the alternator at 155,000 with a rebuilt and outside of water pumps, timing belts etc. EVERYTHING is original. Am on its seventh set of tires with Michelin giving me nothing under 77,000 miles a set. DO RECOMMEND USING ONLY OEM [Original Equipment Manufactured] parts. Most OEM parts available online and no need to go to the dealer for parts. Just replaced both engine and transmission mounts. Runs great, it is extremely quiet and I average nearly 27 mpg on the highway STILL. Unbelievable! I just acquired a '07 LS 460 and gave my LS 400 to my daughter. It is reliable, comfortable and a safe vehicle for my daughter."

Best Luxury Value on the Market

By on Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"Have owned seven years with no problems and 22 mpg city/29 hwy...was over $60K new. This is one incredible vehicle and they sell OVER KBB blue book with good reason. This car received Consumer Reports top rating of any car ever tested and any dealer will tell you of these the two best years are 1998 and 2004. If you find a nice clean one, don't quibble, buy it!!!"

Incredible

By on Thursday, December 10, 2009

"I have a 96 LS400 that I recently purchased I am totally impressed. I recently sold a MBZ S 420 class that put me in the "poor house" with repairs. I spent over $4k within the past 9 months. Folks go and get yourselves a LEXUS. This car is everything and then some vs. a MBZ. This vehicle responds to your every move on the road. Just maintain the vehicle and it will serve you for a very long time. I have 212k miles on mine and cannot wait to get another 212k out of it. Don't forget get the regular maint. on it , this is a luxury vehicle."

Great Luxury car!

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"Own a 99LS400 for almost 6yrs now. Bought it with 50k miles and it's now at 141k. I'm not the type to keep cars very long but this car has given me no reason to get something different. Excellent reliability and holds value very well too. Great road trip car with good gas mileage for a V-8. 18-27mpg. LS430 will most likely be my next car! I like the look of European luxury cars but I can't overlook the overall value and dependability of Lexus/Toyota cars.."

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009