1994 Lexus LS

9.4

Based on 133 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

Dream Ride

By on Thursday, March 19, 2009

"I have a 1990 LS400 with 260,000 miles on it. I replaced the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, o-rings. Basically done the full timing belt service at the dealer. Trust me this car is worth every penny. This was the only investment I made on the car and do not have any other expense on this car. You never need to worry about anything. Having the car for 1 year and just changed oil and the car drives like a dream. Its the most reliable vehicle and will never leave you stranded. Moreover, this engine is a non-interference engine meaning when the timing belt breaks, there will not be any harm to the engine. The best engine design compared to other cars in the world. Also I am a daily commuter and get 400+ miles on a 20gallon (mixed downtown and freeway driving). I would keep the car forever and don't even consider any car other than a LS400. This cars lifespan if 500,000miles and I would keep it till it dis-mantles. Its the most value for money vehicle. You can also use it as a sports sedan. It gives good pickup when you can turn on the performance mode for this vehicle. Best car for all times and very economical for the pocket."

Wouldn't trade it!

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"I have had my Lexus LS400 for over 5 years and I can't begin to tell you what a great car this is! It is by far the nicest car you will see or drive for its age. Very little has been done to it. You will not regret getting this car if you can find one! I have toyed around with getting a newer car and every one I have driven doesn't compare to my Lexus...I plan on keeping mine for quite some time."

By on Friday, January 2, 2009

"Lexus first introduced this car in 1989, releasing it as the 1990 Lexus LS400. 8% of it's sales that year were from BMW and Mercedes buying them, trying to figure out how Lexus did it. It is indeed a great car. I don't care about gas mileage really, but I can get 24/25mpg on the highway, with a V8! The engine is completely silent. Not as powerful as other cars I own, but still an excellent engine nonetheless. The styling is somewhat timeless, as it still looks great today parked next to my other modern-day cars. I use mine as a daily driver, and while I don't get on the gas that much in this car, it still does a great job for 260hp in a 4000lbs car. The 0-60 is around 7 to 7.5 sec. The car is extremely technologically advanced for the time period it was produced, as many luxury cars (cough cough BMW) are just catching on to a few of the gadgets that are available in this 15-year-old vehicle. I paid $3500 for my LS400, in great condition. Sure, gas was $4.50/gal at the time, so the V8 didn't help it's resale value, but I got a great deal on it. I believe this car sells for that range now. If you have the money and are interested, ignore the 7-Series, S-Class, and Legend... get the LS400- you won't be disappointed."

One of the Greatest Vehicles ever built

By on Saturday, May 17, 2008

"The first generation of Lexus LS 400'S, particularly 1993 & 1994, are one of the greatest automobiles ever built. If you can find one with reletively low mileage grab it. Extremely reliable, luxurious and quiet ride, like riding in a very quiet Jet."

Great all around

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"I'm a senior in high school. I owned this car for two years. The most reliable car ever. The best starter car. I couldn't have ask for a better car. It had 266000 miles on it and it still drove like a car straight out of the dealer. Very comfortable and also looks great with a few add-ons."