2014 Lexus IS

Based on 24 Ratings for the 2014 - 2018 models.

Great car and the buying experience was perfect

By on Monday, October 7, 2013

Pros: "Styling, nuluxe, ventilated seats, park assist"

Cons: "a little more power in the 2.5 wouldnt hurt"

"Ive owned BMW's and Mercedes in the past. I traded in my 2011 Mercedes GLK, which i loved and gave me no problems. The one area that Lexus shines in customer service. I bought a silver IS first and the dealer actually took it back a week later to make me happy with the starfire pearl white. Unheard of and Lexus of New Orleans is second to none. As for the IS250, i have been thouroghly happy. The nuluxe interior feels much more like leather than the MB tex in my MB. The car is smooth, the engine is super quite and everything is placed out perfectly. The 2.5 is adequate and the design has garnered a bunch of attention and most has been very positive. I switched to Lexus so that i could keep a car past warrenty. BMW was the worst, MB was great and gave me no problem at all, but I did not feel comfortable outside of warrenty. Lexus reliability is why i moved over to Lexus. Hightly recommend the 2014 IS 250!"

IS350 F-Sport. Absolute fun!

By on Friday, November 8, 2013

Pros: "Power, Handling and Dynamics, Seating Comfort"

Cons: "Tire wear"

"The 350 is a blast when driven fast and is amazingly smooth while cruising. I would rate it over the other vehicles in its class."

CR didn't like this car?

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

"I purchased the 2014 IS 350. Maybe CR didn't like the 2013 IS 250? There is a big difference. I've driven BMW, Audi's etc.. This is the funnest and most joyful vehicle I have ever driven. It absolutely does whatever you want. Sport mode acceleration is unreal although you won't use it in everyday driving, hopefully. Getting in and out may be a bit tight, but once in the car it's the most comfortable car I've ever driven. Only wish it had seat position memory."

What a car!

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, elegant looking and well built."

Cons: "Lack of decent storage spaces."

"I just picked up my new IS250 yesterday, and I'm very impressed. The car goes like nobody's business, the fit and finish is impeccable and it's very comfortable. The only complaint I have so far is there isn't much storage space. The center console compartment is smaller than I'd hoped for. The navigation system is easy to operate once you spend a little time figuring it out. The blind-spot warning system is pretty touchy, as it tends to go off every time someone passes me on the road. The seats are very supportive and firm, and can be a bit uncomfortable if you're not used to them. This is my first Lexus, and in the past I've gotten new cars every 3-5 years. Not this time. This one's staying in the family for 8-10 years, at least."

A Great Car!

By on Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pros: "LED DRL and headlights, F-Sport TFT Gauges, NuLuxe"

Cons: "Front cupholders location, some cheap plastics"

"I have been driving my IS250 F-Sport exactly two months now. This car has been a thrill! The 2.5 liter engine has been adequate for my driving needs both on the highway and in the city. For those who like to speed or head to the track frequently, you would benefit from the extra power of the 350. For everyone else, the 250 is plenty of power. This car has tight and nicely weighted steering. The turning radius is very small, which allows you to easily make tight U-turns. Fuel economy is great for a car of this segment, I average 24-25 mpg with 60% city driving. The driving dynamics are very comparable to the E90 BMW 3-series (2006-2011). The current F30 BMW 3-series does not feel as sporty. As for the exterior styling, it does grow on you. I remember thinking how ugly the car looked when I saw the first press photos, but seeing it in person definitely changed my perception. I have really grown fond of the styling and personally I now think it is one of the best-looking cars in the segment! My biggest complaint is the location of the front cupholders; it is awkward to blindly reach back to grab a drink while driving. Also, Lexus could have used better plastics in the interior (it's not as cheap as those found in a Toyota, but it's definitely not the same grade you would expect from Lexus). On the other hand, the NuLuxe upholstery is a huge plus. NuLuxe is very soft and hard to distinguish from genuine leather."