2014 Lexus IS

Based on 24 Ratings for the 2014 - 2017 models.

'16 IS 300 - the F Sport package is worth it!

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, excellent steering, satisfying power"

Cons: "Meh MPGs, silly remote controls, storage space"

"After shopping around and doing lots of research, I thought the IS 300 F Sport was a good choice for me, and I was right. As someone who likes to drive, and likes a good-sounding V6, this car delivers. Just approaching the car and getting in, the aggressive but attractive styling and low step-in height let you know the car's sporty mission right away. I personally love the exterior and interior styling, particularly the Rioja Red seats. They are comfortable and supportive, too. The instrumentation (with a slick digital display) and steering wheel (with soft leather) are probably my favorite things about the interior. Perhaps the steering wheel love is also due to the steering weight, which is both precise and nicely weighted. This car sounds very nice when accelerating, with surprisingly loud engine note. However, around town, it's quiet. It is quite amazing how this car can change from a luxury sedan to a sport compact in an instant. Not only is there a good sound, but the engine is very responsive, as it gives you a nice shove when you put your foot down. In addition, it's incredibly flat and direct in quick corners, making you wonder just how fast you can take the next one. It's a blast to drive. Gas mileage over my first 5 days owning the car has been around 21, which isn't great, though I have been driving it somewhat hard. It's kinda hard not to when it sounds this good. The only real cons for me are few. The cupholders, which are somewhat behind the drivers elbow, are a bit difficult to reach at times. In addition, despite the more-than-adequate trunk, there isn't a lot of storage space inside the cabin, meaning you have a small storage bin under the driver's armrest, the cupholders, and the smallish glove box to work with. Finally, the Remote Touch Controller, while unique, is a bit hard to use, especially for new passengers. I wouldn't recommend trying to use it for more than a few seconds at a time while driving. Even with a few compromises, this is an excellent vehicle if you want something legitimately sporty but still refined and reliable. I'd highly recommend it if you're considering a small luxury car."

Great car and the buying experience was perfect

By on Monday, October 7, 2013

Pros: "Styling, nuluxe, ventilated seats, park assist"

Cons: "a little more power in the 2.5 wouldnt hurt"

"Ive owned BMW's and Mercedes in the past. I traded in my 2011 Mercedes GLK, which i loved and gave me no problems. The one area that Lexus shines in customer service. I bought a silver IS first and the dealer actually took it back a week later to make me happy with the starfire pearl white. Unheard of and Lexus of New Orleans is second to none. As for the IS250, i have been thouroghly happy. The nuluxe interior feels much more like leather than the MB tex in my MB. The car is smooth, the engine is super quite and everything is placed out perfectly. The 2.5 is adequate and the design has garnered a bunch of attention and most has been very positive. I switched to Lexus so that i could keep a car past warrenty. BMW was the worst, MB was great and gave me no problem at all, but I did not feel comfortable outside of warrenty. Lexus reliability is why i moved over to Lexus. Hightly recommend the 2014 IS 250!"

IS350 F-Sport. Absolute fun!

By on Friday, November 8, 2013

Pros: "Power, Handling and Dynamics, Seating Comfort"

Cons: "Tire wear"

"The 350 is a blast when driven fast and is amazingly smooth while cruising. I would rate it over the other vehicles in its class."

CR didn't like this car?

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

"I purchased the 2014 IS 350. Maybe CR didn't like the 2013 IS 250? There is a big difference. I've driven BMW, Audi's etc.. This is the funnest and most joyful vehicle I have ever driven. It absolutely does whatever you want. Sport mode acceleration is unreal although you won't use it in everyday driving, hopefully. Getting in and out may be a bit tight, but once in the car it's the most comfortable car I've ever driven. Only wish it had seat position memory."

What a car!

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, elegant looking and well built."

Cons: "Lack of decent storage spaces."

"I just picked up my new IS250 yesterday, and I'm very impressed. The car goes like nobody's business, the fit and finish is impeccable and it's very comfortable. The only complaint I have so far is there isn't much storage space. The center console compartment is smaller than I'd hoped for. The navigation system is easy to operate once you spend a little time figuring it out. The blind-spot warning system is pretty touchy, as it tends to go off every time someone passes me on the road. The seats are very supportive and firm, and can be a bit uncomfortable if you're not used to them. This is my first Lexus, and in the past I've gotten new cars every 3-5 years. Not this time. This one's staying in the family for 8-10 years, at least."