2009 Lexus IS

Based on 417 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Best vehicle we own

By on Sunday, May 22, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive. Responsive. Great mpg. Comfortable"

Cons: "Cupholders could be better"

"Iv'e driven many many cars but this one is by far the best one I've ever owned. It's defiantly an eye catcher too."

Great, sporty and different car

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun To Drive, Awesome sound, Full of luxury"

Cons: "rear seat is tiny. could be more quiet."

"I didnt want to go with the "traditional" luxury brands like BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and this Lexus poised a great option. I bought it CPO, and it was in GREAT shape. It handles in a sporty way although a turbo would be great. IT's finish is fantastic, and the comfort design is truly great. I recommend it hands down."

I love this car

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Holds Value, Handles like a race car"

Cons: "very tight inside for a 4 door."

"I have had this vehicle over 2 years now and this is the best driving car I have ever owned. The highway rides very smooth and the handling is out of this world. With the AWD and traction control having this car in Colorado is not an issue. I will always looked to Lexus now first when looking for a new vehicle."

The Perfect Car.

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, MPG, Nav, heated/cooled seats,"

Cons: "I wish there was another cup holder in the center!"

"I test drove an Infiniti G37x, Infiniti M35x, Lexus ES350 and a Lexus LS460 before buying this car and I can honestly say that the IS was my favorite. The ride was firm and quiet, the design of both the interior and exterior are awesome, the price is fantastic and the build quality is amazing. I also love the stock sound system, it is more than adequate for everyday driving. The Nav system is flawless and the voice commands are easy and rarely miss what I'm saying. The gauges are easy to read and beautifully crafted (I love the start-up "dance" the gauges do), the power sunshade is a great option for those sunny days and bright headlights, the heated seats get perfectly hot and the cooled seats get nice and cool (they're actually vented). To me, the power of this car is fine. I mean really, where are you going to go with 300 hp anyway? I can't recommend this car enough and as a new Lexus owner, I will be looking at more of their cars in the future. Next, I have the LS on my radar. That is an amazing car but certainly out of my price range at the moment :)"

Love this Car!!!

By on Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pros: "sporty for a 4-door, good on gas, comfortable relaxing ride, all the bells and whistles"

Cons: "Can't rotate the tires due to size difference in front and back tires"

"I have only had the car for a couple of months, but it is fun to drive, comfortable, and exceeds my expectations in all areas."

Love it!

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"I love this car, I just wish I would of gotten the IS350 instead of the IS250. Before this car, I had an Infiniti G35 coupe and I miss the HP LOL. But besides that, it's a great car!!"

Nearly Perfect Entry Level Luxury

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Build quality, standard equipment that's optional on other makes, solid feel, and great gas mileage, the IS250AWD is a standout. I've owned my vehicle going three years with zero problems. With 30,000 miles on the clock, I haven't had to replace anything other than oil, oil filter, and windsheild wipers. The tires a getting a bit thin, but their replacement will be in a few months. Power is acceptable, but I would prefer about 75 more horses; handling is OK, but I'd prefer a stiffer ride for the back roads of New England. Being billed as "sport luxury", the IS definitely wades in the luxury end. Materials are first rate, fit and finish are exceptional. I want to purchase the IS-F, but will have to win the lottery first."

Thoughts

By on Monday, February 21, 2011

"I purchased a CPO IS250 last year and have had it in the shop for broken items and warranty items almost every month. I enjoy driving the car as it is very comfortable and fun but I am disappointed with the issues I have had. (new sun roof deflector, rear view mirror, start button, seat belt adjusters, battery, top end of engine from a random misfire, 6 disk in dash CD changer) The vehicle is an 2006 but still has not held up to the Lexus reputation."

Just OK

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"I have owned this car for two years now. It eats tires, I get about 15 - 18k miles out of each set, and at 900 a set, thats not something I look forward to at all. The ride is noisy, and you can hear the cars passing by the car as well. For the price, I expected alot more from Lexus."

The Best Sports Car...

By on Monday, October 5, 2009

"I have had this car for 6 months and I love it the more I drive it, Where eles can you buy a 416hp and still get 26mpg in the HWY. And its a Lexus which will last for a long time... Great JOB"