2008 Lexus IS

Based on 421 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

M3 and C63 Beater

By on Tuesday, February 23, 2010

""This vehicle is outstanding when you consider the whole package. The IS F has 8 gears which increases the fuel economy (mpg) because it keeps the RPM's low in regular commuting. The shifts take place at 0.8 seconds which is as fast if not faster than most if not all Ferrari's. The reliability is a given as Lexus is the luxury division of Toyota. The gadgetry is unmatched in the class of vehicle, the C63 AMG is close but isn't there and it outdoes the M3 from BMW. The 0-60 mph has been recorded at 4.3 seconds by one of the Car Magazines which proves that this vehicle if driven by the right individual can outperform most of the stats it has been given. The top end speed outdoes BMW's M3 by 15mph or so. The engine is powerful enough that if the limiter is removed it will reach speeds in excess of 185 mph. The engine note sounds outstanding as its right up there with some $200,000+ supercars. The production is extremely low, it took me 6 months to receive mine and I had the first 2010 model in the region. This is the first high performance vehicle from Lexus and I believe it will be a collector car someday. Thank you and enjoy.""

Great car

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"tires lasted ~20k miles and OEM replacements are $250 each! The engine is underpowered for the weight of the car and has a ticking sound related to the fuel injectors.. told by Lexus this is common with this engine. Very noticeable when the engine is cold. Gas mileage averages 23 mpg. Love the style, ride and accouterments. Would by definitely buy again."

Comfy Sport Car

By on Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Fantastic car. If you want to drive a nice and sporty car and enjoy at the same time the comfort and attention to detail of a larger luxury, this is your car. Not a good idea if you are a 100% sport car driver who would rather suffer the stiff ride and all the nuances of the typical sport car. Reliability and quality are top. I have owned one for three years and still looks as the first day, even though it usually stays under the Florida skies every single day."

Nice car

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"I bought my 07 IS 350 at the end of 2006. It was my dream car. Fast and very sporty looking. His granite color gets lots of compliments. There is only one problem, when the car is going in reverse makes a funny noise, this has happened since the day I bought it. According to the technicians at the dealership, that is perfectly normal for the type of car. No problems noted. I am still not convinced that is normal."

Long Term ISF Review

By on Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"I have owned my ISF for nearly 2 years. I have approx. 25,000 miles on it. Sharp, fast, handles like it's on rails. Exhaust note is worth turning down the excellent stereo to listen to. There is so much good about this car, except the ride. If you spend all your time on the track, its worth every cent, but for a daily driver, I grow tired of driving it by Wednesday afternoon and by Thur and Friday, I may even catch myself dreading it. On smooth freeways, its great, but get onto any bumps and it feel like riding in a go-cart across a field. If the mood is right, then this is fine, and even fun, but after a long day at the office and your stuck in 40mph traffic and your bouncing around, its no fun at all. The transmission is great, occasional paddle shifting in Sport mode is awesome, and the ability to always chirp the rear tires when shifting into 2nd gear in an automatic, is impressive and an attention getter. I think my wife enjoys it more than me, as she puts it in Sport mode pulling out of the garage! I love this car, hate the ride but not enough to get rid of it, yet. As long as I only drive is periodically, I look forward to the sporty feel, but not something I can do everyday."