2008 Lexus IS

Based on 420 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Falling apart at 100000 miles

By on Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "Falling apart"

"So I bought this used. I really like driving it. However took it to the dealer for a recall. I am now told it needs rear struts to 1100.00, Axel assembly 600.00 and 900.00 for a water pump. I spent 800.00 the last time I took it in. I have never had a car that needed over 3400.00 dollars of work with a 100,000 miles. It has been well maintained and I am appalled at how poorly it is lasting. Shopping prices now and looking to get rid of this pile of junk. The interior space is lousy, two very small cup holders and NOTHING else."

I loved this car for the first 7 years I owned it

By on Saturday, April 1, 2017

Pros: "I do like the way it drives"

Cons: "Defective, horrible customer service"

"I really became a fan of Lexus based on the first few years I owned my IS 350. I saved up for a long time to buy this car that I intended to keep for at least 10 years, I am at 11 years now. In the first few years I had some minor things come up, the drivers side door lock quit functioning and since you have to remove a covering to even get to the lock to open the door manually, I replaced it, at the tune of 600 bucks. Needless to say when the passenger side one went out a year later, I didnt fix it. I had an air conditioning drain line issue, flooded my car and ruined the carpet, had to have it replaced. I have replaced many other things that I suppose are pretty normal as well. The reason I give the car only a one star is the dash. My dash has been falling apart for years, melting and now breaking off in pieces, it attaches to anything that touches it, clothes, ,my ring when I open the door, etc. So I received a letter from lexus saying that they are replacing the dashes due to a defect in the material (ya think?) and to call my dealer to schedule. This was 2.5 years ago. I am not 180 on the list and was told the parts are big so it takes a long time to make them, um what? You can pump out a new car every 5 minutes but the dash is too big? So now I am stuck with a car that is only worth anything to me. I want to get a new car and I cant sell this one because no one would buy it. I suppose I could trade it in on a new lexus, but I will never purchase another Lexus again."

Best vehicle we own

By on Sunday, May 22, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive. Responsive. Great mpg. Comfortable"

Cons: "Cupholders could be better"

"Iv'e driven many many cars but this one is by far the best one I've ever owned. It's defiantly an eye catcher too."

Great, sporty and different car

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun To Drive, Awesome sound, Full of luxury"

Cons: "rear seat is tiny. could be more quiet."

"I didnt want to go with the "traditional" luxury brands like BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and this Lexus poised a great option. I bought it CPO, and it was in GREAT shape. It handles in a sporty way although a turbo would be great. IT's finish is fantastic, and the comfort design is truly great. I recommend it hands down."

I love this car

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Holds Value, Handles like a race car"

Cons: "very tight inside for a 4 door."

"I have had this vehicle over 2 years now and this is the best driving car I have ever owned. The highway rides very smooth and the handling is out of this world. With the AWD and traction control having this car in Colorado is not an issue. I will always looked to Lexus now first when looking for a new vehicle."