2008 Lexus IS

Based on 419 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

Reliable and wont go wrong

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Pros: "Build Quality, Reliable, Comfortable"

Cons: "Auto wipers are awful, 19-20mpg city :("

"This car has been driven all over the country, I bought this with 136k on it in 2011. I still drive it daily, I have been coast to coast in this car. Its never left me stranded, never cost me major money to repair. I have so far replaced the battery, tires, changed the spark plugs and oil changes. THATS IT. I take care of it, use 93 octane gas, wash it on a weekly basis. The paint has held up, and so has the interior. All of the gadgets work and with kids the interior really has held up. No rips or tears. The MPG isnt the best but this is a solid car. Also the one thing i dont like is the auto wipers i could live without those. I plan on keeping this car for many years (as my second car now). If you are looking at a high mileage one, and its been taken care of with a paper trail, this is probably a good buy."

M3 and C63 Beater

By on Tuesday, February 23, 2010

""This vehicle is outstanding when you consider the whole package. The IS F has 8 gears which increases the fuel economy (mpg) because it keeps the RPM's low in regular commuting. The shifts take place at 0.8 seconds which is as fast if not faster than most if not all Ferrari's. The reliability is a given as Lexus is the luxury division of Toyota. The gadgetry is unmatched in the class of vehicle, the C63 AMG is close but isn't there and it outdoes the M3 from BMW. The 0-60 mph has been recorded at 4.3 seconds by one of the Car Magazines which proves that this vehicle if driven by the right individual can outperform most of the stats it has been given. The top end speed outdoes BMW's M3 by 15mph or so. The engine is powerful enough that if the limiter is removed it will reach speeds in excess of 185 mph. The engine note sounds outstanding as its right up there with some $200,000+ supercars. The production is extremely low, it took me 6 months to receive mine and I had the first 2010 model in the region. This is the first high performance vehicle from Lexus and I believe it will be a collector car someday. Thank you and enjoy.""

old reliable!!

By on Monday, March 13, 2017

"After 10 years , she is perfect .Everything works ,as when she left the showroom floor . She lives, most of the time in a nice warm ,dry garage . No dings ,dents or problems at all ."

Great car

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"tires lasted ~20k miles and OEM replacements are $250 each! The engine is underpowered for the weight of the car and has a ticking sound related to the fuel injectors.. told by Lexus this is common with this engine. Very noticeable when the engine is cold. Gas mileage averages 23 mpg. Love the style, ride and accouterments. Would by definitely buy again."

Comfy Sport Car

By on Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Fantastic car. If you want to drive a nice and sporty car and enjoy at the same time the comfort and attention to detail of a larger luxury, this is your car. Not a good idea if you are a 100% sport car driver who would rather suffer the stiff ride and all the nuances of the typical sport car. Reliability and quality are top. I have owned one for three years and still looks as the first day, even though it usually stays under the Florida skies every single day."

Nice car

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"I bought my 07 IS 350 at the end of 2006. It was my dream car. Fast and very sporty looking. His granite color gets lots of compliments. There is only one problem, when the car is going in reverse makes a funny noise, this has happened since the day I bought it. According to the technicians at the dealership, that is perfectly normal for the type of car. No problems noted. I am still not convinced that is normal."

Long Term ISF Review

By on Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"I have owned my ISF for nearly 2 years. I have approx. 25,000 miles on it. Sharp, fast, handles like it's on rails. Exhaust note is worth turning down the excellent stereo to listen to. There is so much good about this car, except the ride. If you spend all your time on the track, its worth every cent, but for a daily driver, I grow tired of driving it by Wednesday afternoon and by Thur and Friday, I may even catch myself dreading it. On smooth freeways, its great, but get onto any bumps and it feel like riding in a go-cart across a field. If the mood is right, then this is fine, and even fun, but after a long day at the office and your stuck in 40mph traffic and your bouncing around, its no fun at all. The transmission is great, occasional paddle shifting in Sport mode is awesome, and the ability to always chirp the rear tires when shifting into 2nd gear in an automatic, is impressive and an attention getter. I think my wife enjoys it more than me, as she puts it in Sport mode pulling out of the garage! I love this car, hate the ride but not enough to get rid of it, yet. As long as I only drive is periodically, I look forward to the sporty feel, but not something I can do everyday."

Some quick facts

By on Monday, December 21, 2009

"Pros: price, gas mileage, aggressive looks, good firm handling, front seat comfort, fun to drive in mountains with its 6-speed transmission. Cons: a bit noisy, uneven/quick tire wear, poor paint quality, rear seats very cramped Overall I like the car. It doesn't have much power, but that gives you excellent mileage. Opt for the IS350 if you prioritize power over gas mileage. I have taken several long road trips and the front seats are very comfortable even after 12 hours of driving. The dogs in the back seat never complained, but human friends have mentioned the lack of space in the back. There is quite a bit of road noise, but I guess that is the price you pay for low profile high-performance tires. The grip is excellent - I can easily go 70 mph in a recommended 35 mph curve - it feels rock-solid."

The power to convert

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"I was looking in the market for 5, 3 series bmw or an audi A4 quattro and somehow I got convinced by my girlfriend that an IS is the best looking for the cars in its category (women can't be wrong on judging what's visually appealing :)). At first I agreed with her strictly on the looks of the car and I said I wanted something German and aggressive. But I soon saw that the 3-series had become very common like Honda civic. On the other hand the audi was a good candidate but its expensive maintenance costs once it is out of warranty convinced me that it was not the car for me. So why did I choose the IS250? because it fufilled my overall requirements: 1.AWD capability, 2. excellent reliability 3. best fuel consumption, especially for a car that has a V6 and all-wheel drive 4. sexy yet imposing exterior design and 5. a well-done interior with perforated heated/cooled leather seats and a unique dashboard. The drawbacks are the lack of rear knee space and what some consider as its underpowered engine. However considering that you're not driving around with a group and you're not drag-racing, this car is the perfect blend of a mid-size luxury sedan."

Love this Lexus!

By on Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"The 2007 Lexus IS is an absolutely beautiful vehicle! It handles so well and is a total pleasure to drive. Best of all, it gets far better gas mileage than most less stylish V-6 cars on the market today. An overall excellent car!!"