2006 Lexus IS

Based on 421 Ratings for the 2006 - 2013 models.

M3 and C63 Beater

By on Tuesday, February 23, 2010

""This vehicle is outstanding when you consider the whole package. The IS F has 8 gears which increases the fuel economy (mpg) because it keeps the RPM's low in regular commuting. The shifts take place at 0.8 seconds which is as fast if not faster than most if not all Ferrari's. The reliability is a given as Lexus is the luxury division of Toyota. The gadgetry is unmatched in the class of vehicle, the C63 AMG is close but isn't there and it outdoes the M3 from BMW. The 0-60 mph has been recorded at 4.3 seconds by one of the Car Magazines which proves that this vehicle if driven by the right individual can outperform most of the stats it has been given. The top end speed outdoes BMW's M3 by 15mph or so. The engine is powerful enough that if the limiter is removed it will reach speeds in excess of 185 mph. The engine note sounds outstanding as its right up there with some $200,000+ supercars. The production is extremely low, it took me 6 months to receive mine and I had the first 2010 model in the region. This is the first high performance vehicle from Lexus and I believe it will be a collector car someday. Thank you and enjoy.""

Great car

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"tires lasted ~20k miles and OEM replacements are $250 each! The engine is underpowered for the weight of the car and has a ticking sound related to the fuel injectors.. told by Lexus this is common with this engine. Very noticeable when the engine is cold. Gas mileage averages 23 mpg. Love the style, ride and accouterments. Would by definitely buy again."

I loved this car for the first 7 years I owned it

By on Saturday, April 1, 2017

Pros: "I do like the way it drives"

Cons: "Defective, horrible customer service"

"I really became a fan of Lexus based on the first few years I owned my IS 350. I saved up for a long time to buy this car that I intended to keep for at least 10 years, I am at 11 years now. In the first few years I had some minor things come up, the drivers side door lock quit functioning and since you have to remove a covering to even get to the lock to open the door manually, I replaced it, at the tune of 600 bucks. Needless to say when the passenger side one went out a year later, I didnt fix it. I had an air conditioning drain line issue, flooded my car and ruined the carpet, had to have it replaced. I have replaced many other things that I suppose are pretty normal as well. The reason I give the car only a one star is the dash. My dash has been falling apart for years, melting and now breaking off in pieces, it attaches to anything that touches it, clothes, ,my ring when I open the door, etc. So I received a letter from lexus saying that they are replacing the dashes due to a defect in the material (ya think?) and to call my dealer to schedule. This was 2.5 years ago. I am not 180 on the list and was told the parts are big so it takes a long time to make them, um what? You can pump out a new car every 5 minutes but the dash is too big? So now I am stuck with a car that is only worth anything to me. I want to get a new car and I cant sell this one because no one would buy it. I suppose I could trade it in on a new lexus, but I will never purchase another Lexus again."

Comfy Sport Car

By on Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Fantastic car. If you want to drive a nice and sporty car and enjoy at the same time the comfort and attention to detail of a larger luxury, this is your car. Not a good idea if you are a 100% sport car driver who would rather suffer the stiff ride and all the nuances of the typical sport car. Reliability and quality are top. I have owned one for three years and still looks as the first day, even though it usually stays under the Florida skies every single day."

Nice car

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"I bought my 07 IS 350 at the end of 2006. It was my dream car. Fast and very sporty looking. His granite color gets lots of compliments. There is only one problem, when the car is going in reverse makes a funny noise, this has happened since the day I bought it. According to the technicians at the dealership, that is perfectly normal for the type of car. No problems noted. I am still not convinced that is normal."