2005 Lexus IS

9.5

Based on 249 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

Awesome Car....I just purchased my fourth one!!!

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pros: "Amazing Wagon....LOVE the SportCross!"

Cons: "Heavy braking from high speeds can wrap rotors."

"I put a lot of miles on my car and since 2002, this has been the car of choice! I've had three and just purchased my last one....the following are the versions/mileage: A. 2002 Sedan - 35k, sold since I wanted Sportcross version B. 2002 Sportcross - 175k miles with no problems! C. 2005 Sportcross - 125k miles with no problems! D. 2003 Sportcross - 45k miles (just purchased!!)"

FUN LITTLE CAR

By on Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, quick, very light, rwd, mt, LSD"

Cons: "Tires not wide enough, nothing else (:"

"Its quick (mt), light weighted, handles very good, and it looks amazing, no problems at all, just added air to the tires and gas, very sporty and fun to drive. Best car I've owned period."

reliable & stylish

By on Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"overall good vehicle. Only complaint are: price (duh, then why did I buy a lexus?). The center console is really small. And the rear seats don't fold down so it's hard to fit larger items. I have a 2004 (its 2009 as I write this) and I haven't taken the best care of it (not every sched. maint.) but I've NEVER had a problem with it. Only now am I starting to want to take it to the shop (nothing major - just feel like she deserves it). VERY reliable. Not very big though - hard to move an infant carseat in & out easily if you're 5'7" +. I was also a little dissapointed when I found out other 04 models (non luxury brands) had a few extra luxuries I would have expected Lexus to have first (namely: bluetooth & MP3 player). Also, not too great in Snow/slippery weather. The feature that cuts the power to the rear wheels makes it impossible to get out of a slushy parking/driving job. VERY bad. Snow button doesn't help that much either... maybe winter tires would help? (I use high performance all weather)."

Is300 sport cross

By on Thursday, March 20, 2008

"I've had this car for four years. I chose it because of the unique wagon styling - so sexy but functional. My dog prefers it when I put the back seats down - that's pretty easy to do so we do that a lot. I love all of the amenities - CD, sunroof, rear view mirror with the green light so people's lights don't glare on you, front window goes down in touch of a button, radio has a readout, seats are super ergonmic, everything is so gorgeous. i have the faux suede seats and they are pretty good looking so i don't know why people say the interior is cheap - it's just as nice as the bmws I've owned. drawbacks are the tires, which people seem to agree need changing every 20k miles - that's insanely expensive and time consuming. second drawback is the mileage - i can't figure out why i only get 20 mpg when it's such a skinny car. and third, because it's skinny, while the seats are really comfortable, they are not wide. they kind of fit right to your body, which i guess is sporty, but they are by no means spacious. the number one best thing about this car is the way it looks and teh second is the smooth way it drives and handles. highly recommend."

Cute sexy car

By on Thursday, October 11, 2007

"This is a fun sporty little car. A little loud inside but very fun to drive. Holds it value very well. Very responsive."

fun car but not the best

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"The main reason I purchased the is300 is for it's sleak sporty look. it defitnetly caught my eye because of that big "L" on the hood, but I guess it's just a status. It's and entry level lexus that provides some sort of afforability. The resale valu is very good, or isn't as good as it should be. I would take this vehicle over any 3 series bmw all day. Other than the expensive maitnance and average resale value this vehicle is nice."

Great used car Value//Fun to drive

By on Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pros: "performance, value, reliability"

Cons: "gas mileage, limited cargo space"

"I have owned 2 Lexus IS300s. The first was a 2005 and then a 2002 I currently drive. I feel safe and confident driving this car. It is not very big on the inside but still comfortable. It does not have folding rear seats so you are limited in what you can do at the home improvement store. The inline 6 cylinder is powerful and very smooth, the automatic transmission shifts wonderfully. The gas mileage is only fair for a fairly light weight car, at best 16-17city and 23-26 hwy w/ premium fuel. I enjoy the confidence of this car"s performance enough to make the gas mileage a minor gripe. I only put 7,000 miles per year on the vehicle. Everything has held up wonderfully on this car, cosmetically and mechanically. No issues found in this 11 year old car, other than a blown rear speaker (ps. I have really enjoyed the factory 6cd sound system) These make wonderful great used car values for someone that is neither particalar on gas mileage or needing a lot of cargo space. I bought mine for $10,000 2 year ago with 121,000miles and plan on selling in about a year from now for $7000. They keep their value, and toyota can take care of most maintenance and repairs. Great Value!! Very enjoyable to drive!!"

Best car so far

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, quiet, lots of fun to drive, reliabl"

Cons: "too few cup holders, no longer made."

"I really like this car. So far besides routine maintenance all I have had to fix is the stereo and the solenoid operating the door lock on the driver's door. The power to weight ratio is surprisingly good for a four door sedan. It is a bit too tightly sprung for my wife's taste but the cornering is superb. After 11 years I can not detect any deterioration in performance. The seats are grippy which causes them to wear faster than slick leather but tires are like that too. It is a trade off. I will have to get new upholstery on the driver's side in another five years or so."

Great car, very reliable!!

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well"

Cons: "Drinks spill because of the shape of cup holders."

"I have owned my IS300 for almost 8 years now and absolutely love it! It has about 175,000 miles on it, but still drives like it is brand new. The only thing I would ahve changed on mine is the suede seats with leather trim, after a while the suede kind of gets worn. I love this car, but am ready for a newer one, so I am going to get the IS250...hopefully it will be just as dependable as this one has been for me."

Sick!

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "retains value! interior comfortable for 4!"

Cons: "slightly high suspension and quiet stock exhaust"

"This car is sick nasty. My favorite part of Lexus is their attention to details. Every button and knob is quality. The engine is superior and the E-shift transmission can handle 450hp easily. My only wish is that the stock suspension sat the car about 2" lower... but that's nothing Tein's can't do for around $1,000. I have owned a BMW, VW, and now Lexus... I will never get anything but Lexus! I love them... They drove to perfection, and I think they have arrived there! ;)"