2003 Lexus IS

9.5

Based on 249 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

a touch of class

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"i love my is 300, its extremely quick and performs great. i hate buying premium gas for $3.60 a gallon, but its worth it. this car has spoiled me, i will never stray from luxury performance ever again."

Great Gas Milage

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"0-60 mph. in just over 6 sec. Stops on a dime. Looks great and rides quiet. Excellent gas milage."

Safe, reliable, sexy!

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"I've been driving my IS 300 for about 3 years now, and it has proven its worth time and time again. The ride is smooth, the interior is very ergonomic and appealing, the craftsmanship on the seats/controls/paneling is superior to any other car for it's price ranges that I have seen. I have driven it through very rainy conditions, and where my other cars would have hydroplaned, the Lexus caught traction with the ESP and I never have to worry about losing control of the vehicle. I take a very dangerous highway to get out of my area, but I feel completely safe in my Lexus. With my 35 series G-Force tires, the car snakes through the turns and I can pass other cars with ease; There is no lack of acceleration even while going 65 mph. The extra power button is especially sweet, it makes me feel like I've got a sports car. The only negative thing I have to say about the car is the manual mode, which has taken it's toll on the transmission. It isn't smooth at all and for me it's completely pointless, doesn't even allow burnouts! I got the automatic for simplicity's sake, so I never use manual anyways. Overall this car is the safest vehicle for it's age and price that I can think of; it's also beautiful, sporty, and comfortable."

Love this car

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I am the original owenr of a 2001 with 129,000 miless. Has needed nothing but routine service. It is fun to drive and has been very reliable. Only con is cost of the service which is on par with other luxury cars. My prior experince has been with Hondas, so I had a little sticker shock in the beginning. But overall, it has been well worth it."

Definitely Worth Every Penny!!!

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"This car has been an amazing car for my family. Great Ride and handles wonderful. Also, the comfort is great with amazing style as well. Very Classy.!"

Duh Car

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"The vehicle is dependable cost effective to run. The only issue over the four years of ownership is the tires. Pot holes in NJ play havoc on the low profile tire and/or rims. The gas mileage, no matter the driving conditions or city/highway is 19 MPH. On refueling the tank gets 'airbound' and the last two gallons must go in very slow. The factory delivered dark tinted windows are a police magnet! Overall excellent vehicle for the price and resale."

Great car

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Hands down the best car I have owned. After 150K miles, it still handles like it was when new. Everything tight, nothing rattles. Only thing to ever break is the CD player. Just get a cassette adapter for your iPod and be happy. And a good set of snow tires."

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"I intend on running this car into the ground, perhaps 300k, then sell to junkyard when it is worth nothing. In other words, I will not sell this car while it still runs. Excellent vehicle overall."

Very nice!

By on Monday, January 9, 2012

Pros: "Styleish, fast"

Cons: "Small cabin, rwd, not good in snow"

"I bought the car brand spankin new in the showroom on august 2001. I love the car but for a new family its not great. The back seat is small and me being a 5'9" i have to drive with the seat somewhat back. The car is fun to drive especially once performance parts (intake, exhaust, suspension) are done. Its perfect for a single guy/lady or as a liesure car but not for a family. Also replacement parts and maintenece is VERY expensive. Also the car slips on a bit of flurry so forget abut driving it in the snow. (rwd) As much as its hurting me to even think abut it, i will be trafing the car in or selling it soon."

Sporty, fun, looks sharp, handles great...

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Style, handling, great everyday car"

Cons: "Small back seat, small trunk, limited trunk access"

"I've driven my IS 300 for two years and absolutely love it. Its a great everyday car that has a sporty feel and styling. I love the suede/leather combination seats and the watch style gauge panel. The 5 speed e-shift is a neat feature for fun country cruises and corners. The only reason i gave it a 4 our of 5 for comfort and convenience is because it's pretty tight in the back seats for tall riders and the back seats do not fold down for trunk access. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone!"

excellent first car for a teenager

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

"This was the first car we bought for our daughter and it was excellent."

Really enjoy it every day

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

"Only real complaint is no fold-down rear seats. Took a 1200-mile road trip with two buddies in middle of summer. Cool, quiet and comfortable all the way. Don't drive like an enthusiast but know that there's fun on tap if I want to. Bought it used, one-owner with 60K and kbb says it's worth $100 less than I paid for it with 27,500 more miles on it!"

A great value - like a lower cost BMW 330i

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, great handling"

Cons: "paint on hood not durable (red models)"

"Smooth shifting 5sp stick. Great horsepower (just 20hp less than 330i, for $10k less). Excellent fit and finish but factory paint on front of hood not very durable on this model, in red anyway. Only down side is that it has a kind of high insurance rating though."

Love it

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Great design, luxurious!"

Cons: "MPG. . ."

"Love this car! I have over 150,000 miles and have never had any major issues or mechanical problems. Design is timeless. The only draw back is the MPG!"

long lasting car

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"never had a problem with the car, i put on 169 thousand miles and into today no problems with it, the bad part about the car, the parts are not cheap, almost anything u need, needs to be order."

By on Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"I bought my '02 IS 300 in '07 and now have 112k. I have replaced the tires, the timing belt and the brakes and that is about it. I drive this car HARD and it's always a blast. I wish it had another (6th) gear and the back seat is too small but all in all I love my old IS 300."

V Nice

By on Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Love this car. Is holding up quite nicely. Only 'problems' have been the wheels, in that they definitely need to be changed regularly. Also, dashboard has some weird material which when left in the hot sun actually feels sticky to the touch. Thankfully not on all of dashboard, trim only."

Reliable

By on Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Let it sit in 0 degree F* weather for 6 days and it will start up. Very reliable. Owned my 2005 for 3 years and it hasn't stranded me yet even with 127k on the clock. Isn't an effortless car to drive. Tranny isn't too smooth. road imperfections are multiplied in this car. Pot Holes cause major suspension damage due to lower profile tires. With snow tires I have yet to get stuck. Even in snow higher than my undercarriage.Put weight in the trunk to help. Bought this car for it's reliability!"

My 1st Lexus!

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"I bought this pre-owned car on 02/28/2010, so it's been about 1 year. I don't have any complaints. I owned a 1998 Honda Civic before this. Compared to the Civic it is much faster, rides much smoother, and does have a more desirable interior. Although it is not as good on gas it's still pretty economical for a luxury car. This model is small and sporty looking. Very cute. Excellent for my age (27). I did have to replace the motor that controls the door locks on the drivers side window about 5 months ago, but my husband did it for me and it wasn't a big deal (plus, you have to consider the car was already 5 years old even though it was new to me). Go test drive it. You will love it."

Amazing Car!

By on Sunday, August 22, 2010

"I purchase a different car every 8 months. I have owned all kind of vehicles and the IS300 sports cross if my favorite. It is very roomy for a small car. I'm 6'5" and sit comfortably in the drivers seat. The sound system is great for a factory stereo. It handles very well and has decent acceleration. The fuel efficiency is ok. It has hard bucket seats that are not very comfortable on long trips. All in all its a very fun car to drive."

Best Vehicle I've owened

By on Saturday, August 15, 2009

"Vehicle runs excellent from the day I bought it 'till today. I put over 60 thousand miles and it still runs as smooth as the day I bought it. I love everything about it, from its very stylish eye catching look to its race like performance. Only downfall is that Lexus did not make the new model as eye catching. The car is eight years old and I still always get compliments on its look, as well as it performance to operate so smooth."

GREAT CAR, BUT NOT VERY COMFORTABLE

By on Thursday, August 6, 2009

"this has been a great car, i have not had any problems. the only thing i do not like is that the seats are not comfortable at all! i could definitely not use this to go on an hour+ ride and thats why i will be buying a new car. also, i do understand its a sporty car but the room in the back seat is bad, i cant even put a toddler car seat back there without my nephews legs being squished against the front seats."

I love my IS300

By on Saturday, August 1, 2009

"Bought this brand new in 2004. After 5 years, it's never been in a shop because nothing ever goes wrong with it! Super reliable, unique style, and luxury amenities make this car a must-have! This car will last another 20 years if you take care of it. Only gripe is it could use a little more horsepower, but then again, I say that to every car. hahaha I would recommend this car to anyone."

2003 Lexus IS300

By on Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"I bought an 03 IS300 (automatic) and I'm still driving it. The vehicle is made to last and I have not had any defects or issues with it. It still runs smoothly at 70k miles. The only thing I have changed is oil, battery and tires - the tread gets pretty worn out based on how you drive. Maintenance is costly as the premium synthetic oils are preferred which run about $100-$200 bucks depending on where you go. The only gripe I have with this car is the paint, as it chips and scratches pretty easily. The rock chips on my hood is devastating and is painful to look. I would recommend this vehicle to any one."

Still get compliments

By on Thursday, April 9, 2009

"I have owned my 01 IS300 for almost 5 years, bought with 30k and now 104k miles. The car runs great, handles well, and has look that doesn't go out of style. I have two small "gripes" ..no armrest, and the cupholders are way small. Winter driving REQUIRES good snow tires...All seasons don't cut it, but drives great with my Yokohama x-Ice winter tires. I don't really car about gas mileage, it's not so good (20 mpg)...but it's torquey engine and fun factor make me not even care about that. If it looks good still, get one...you'll like it."