2002 Lexus IS

9.5

Based on 249 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

Delightful in every way

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"Bought it new 8 yrs ago & now have a little under 200K troublefree miles on it. Still drives and looks new and definitely still a delight to drive. Back in '04 I added the Lexus L-tuned shocks & L-tuned exhaust and they were well worth it. Handling is sublime, acceleration is solid anywhere in the powerband and the interior fits me like a glove. This car is has been an absolute joy. Make sure you find one w/a 5spd manual if you really want to enjoy your ride."

Great Car!

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"I bought my 2001 IS300 in 2001 with 9000 miles on it. I do a lot of driving and now have 187,000 miles on my car! Winters in Ohio can be tough and this car doesnt make them any easier, but a good set of all-weather tires or snows make life a lot simpler. For the most part I have never really had any problems, only minor and relatively inexpensive issues. I gave up the dealer maintenance years ago because of the cost. I just got my third set of brakes and second set of front rotors. The car does not do well with tires, either. Overall, it has been a very low-maintenance car. I think the dealership goes out of their way to find problems. Easy fix--don't bring it to the dealership for maintenance!!Every time I think I want to sell this car I change my mind. I love the way it looks and drives and I still get TONS of compliments! It still looks brand new!"

2001 and still runs like a champ

By on Friday, August 14, 2009

"I purchased my 2001 IS300 in 2004 with only 32K miles on it. Some O2 sensors and the fan motor went bad a few years ago but it was covered under warranty. Other than that, I've just had tires, oil changes and brakes done. Basic maintenance stuff. It now has 85K and still runs like a dream. I know that this car will run another 100K miles or more. The styling is very nice and never looks outdated. Fun to drive everyday. Like others said, it is not that comfortable for long trips. Still love my IS though. It truly is a great car."

By on Saturday, October 18, 2008

"best car I ever owned"

can't kill it

By on Thursday, May 1, 2008

"i have always been of the opinion that you drive a car the way it's made to be driven. you take suv's offroad. you floor sports cars. this is the first vehicle that's ever survived me. it's the first vehicle that i've been able to put over 40k miles on. i've put 50k, and had no problems. an absolute first for me, and believe me, i try to kill the thing."

a touch of class

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"i love my is 300, its extremely quick and performs great. i hate buying premium gas for $3.60 a gallon, but its worth it. this car has spoiled me, i will never stray from luxury performance ever again."

Great Gas Milage

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"0-60 mph. in just over 6 sec. Stops on a dime. Looks great and rides quiet. Excellent gas milage."

Safe, reliable, sexy!

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"I've been driving my IS 300 for about 3 years now, and it has proven its worth time and time again. The ride is smooth, the interior is very ergonomic and appealing, the craftsmanship on the seats/controls/paneling is superior to any other car for it's price ranges that I have seen. I have driven it through very rainy conditions, and where my other cars would have hydroplaned, the Lexus caught traction with the ESP and I never have to worry about losing control of the vehicle. I take a very dangerous highway to get out of my area, but I feel completely safe in my Lexus. With my 35 series G-Force tires, the car snakes through the turns and I can pass other cars with ease; There is no lack of acceleration even while going 65 mph. The extra power button is especially sweet, it makes me feel like I've got a sports car. The only negative thing I have to say about the car is the manual mode, which has taken it's toll on the transmission. It isn't smooth at all and for me it's completely pointless, doesn't even allow burnouts! I got the automatic for simplicity's sake, so I never use manual anyways. Overall this car is the safest vehicle for it's age and price that I can think of; it's also beautiful, sporty, and comfortable."

Love this car

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I am the original owenr of a 2001 with 129,000 miless. Has needed nothing but routine service. It is fun to drive and has been very reliable. Only con is cost of the service which is on par with other luxury cars. My prior experince has been with Hondas, so I had a little sticker shock in the beginning. But overall, it has been well worth it."

Definitely Worth Every Penny!!!

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"This car has been an amazing car for my family. Great Ride and handles wonderful. Also, the comfort is great with amazing style as well. Very Classy.!"