2008 Lexus GX

9.3

Based on 217 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Luxury and comfort in a family car!

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, handles well, stylish, sturdy"

Cons: "Just 1: the 8 cyl uses more gas than I would like"

"I was hit head-on while driving my husband's Lexus sedan in 2005. Both my son and I walked away with only scraches from the air bags! I felt so safe in a Lexus product that we replaced it with another--this time, a family SUV. I am only 5'1" and have a hard time feeling comfortable in most cars but the adjustability and thick padded seats make this vehicle the most comfortable I have ever driven. The moon roof is fun and sporty on a warm summer day and helps to cool the car quickly by letting the hot air escape when I first get in. It's a great family vehicle, and the DVD player helps keep the kids occupied on long rides...but it is also luxurious enough to take friends out for the evening. A 6-disc changer and the Levinson sound system make an enjoyable listening experience while driving. Very little outside noise penetrates the windows. It is about as soundproof as a car can be. The 8 cylinder engine gives the car a strong pick-up and even ride on the highway."

Love this SUV. No issues since day one.

By on Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Pros: "great realibility and quality"

"Lexus makes quality cars. This is my 2nd Lexus and will only buy Lexus. We had an Infinity and had multiple recalls."

Best SUV I've Owned

By on Friday, September 2, 2011

Pros: "Fit and finish, engine, powertrain, reliable, roomy."

Cons: "Rear hatch"

"I've had two SUVs prior to the GX. Both were Mercedes MLs and both were less than adequate. I purchased my GX in 2005 and have 72000 miles on it. This SUV has never given me any trouble, rides better than some sedans, and is extremely reliable. I've also found a great dealership that actually treats it's customers like royality. Fit and finish, engine and powertrain are excellent. I've took the GX off road several times and it performed great. At 72K miles I still have the original tires. However, I have one complaint. The rear door (rear hatch) opens to the left. It would be nice to have it open up. Other than that this is a terrific vehicle, and I would recommend it to anyone interested in purchasing a SUV."

my best vehicle in over 50 yrs.

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"This is by far the nicest car or suv we have ever owned. I have had 0 trouble with it. Just keep the oil changed, tires rotated and that is it."

A really safe vehicle

By on Thursday, July 24, 2008

"Unfortunately my wife recently was in a serious auto accident, fortunatley she was driving our GX 470. The car's safety features did their thing and my wife walked away with only bumps and bruises but our GX 470 was totaled. Our sincere thanks to the safety engineers at Lexus."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GX near Honolulu. See local deals