2005 Lexus GX

9.3

Based on 217 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

My favorite vehicle ever!

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Safe, quiet, loaded, great vehicle"

Cons: "........ no cons for me :)"

"I love the Lexus vehicles! This is my 8th Lexus & you can not beat the quality and comfort. My favorite part about this SUV is the back door that opens to the side - LOVE THIS OPTION! I've always bought a Lexus with the Mark Levinson sound system, too - certainly beats a Bose. ;) This vehicle feels so safe and there is so much room in the cabin & in the back seat. #1 all around!"

Would buy again!

By on Friday, November 23, 2007

"I leased a 2005 GX. It has been a great SUV. Very comfortable and smooth ride. Not a single problem and no complaints! I am considering buying at the end of the lease becuase it is such a great vehicle. Waiting to see if there is a hybrid available first. My last SUV was a Mercedes. I am a Lexus buyer from here on out! Great job Lexus!"

A TRUE STANDOUT

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"I have a 2006 GX 470. This is my second one. The first one (2005 model) was totaled in a head on collision on the Interstate doing 60 mph, and I am happy to be here to write this review. I have tested first-hand the critical safety features that most of us barely glance at when we purchase a car. Height & size of vehicle, crumple zones, air-bags...worth every penny. The driver of the other vehicle (Ford Taurus) spent 6 weeks in the hospital with significant injuries (for the record, she was cited for the accident). I walked away with a minor injury caused by the airbag going off (but it saved my life). In addition to this, Lexus makes the most dependable and comfortable vehicles you can buy, at any price. Lexus service is second to none. For those considering BMW or Mercedes who want a first class navigation system...compare them head to head with Lexus. There is simply no comparison. Although they are more expensive vehicles, these other manufacturer's nav systems are difficult to use, and hardly intuitive (The BMW "I-drive"...is a real misnomer). I wouldn't consider buying anything else."

First Lexus/ Great

By on Sunday, September 30, 2007

"Purchased GX 470 first of 2007. Sold my 2004 Lincoln Navigator. The dealer did not want the Navigator because of resale value. Sold for a BIG loss. The GX is smaller than the Navigator, but "oh" what a ride!! The GX is the finest automobile I have owned. The Lexus is made so well. I am looking at the new LX 570, but they want even be available until January 2008. May even keep GX I like it so well. FKW"

MPG is the only downside

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "overall Lexus unbeatable quality."

Cons: "MPG"

"We've owned 3 different Lexus - SC 430 convertible, RX 300, GX 470. The only downside to any of Lexus's AWD SUVs is the gas mileage. Which there was a quality SUV built that could get in the 40 MPG. But I know that just isn't realistic, as you pay for the weight and size of driving a bigger vehicle."

Best Auto I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pros: "great drive, power, comfort, styling, accesories,"

Cons: "gas mileage(but the safety is worth it)"

"LOVE this SUV. Previous to my purchase of the GX I had a 325XI which I adored. It was going to take something really special to make me trade it in. Well, the GX did it. I couldn't be any happier with the ride, safety, luxury feel, look/styling, convenience. I really appreciate this vehicle when I get into something else. I can't wait to get back in behind the wheel of my SUV. I would say if you are looking for a SUV that you would put your mother, grandmother and kids all at one time, this is the one! I anticipate it lasting for 200,000 miles so don't look for me in a car dealership anytime soon!!"

Perfect vehicle!

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Great overall vehicle especially if you have child"

Cons: "Low gas mileage 16 mpg"

"Perfect combination of car and truck. Great SUV! Only downside is gas mileage, only 16 mpg and you must use premium gas."

Best car I ever owned!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great family car, comfortable, sporty"

Cons: "Third row seats not as convienent as I would like"

"I love this car and am very sad to get rid of it. I'm driving farther to work each day and need something more economical but even if I had to do it all over again I would in a heart beat!"

I love my Lexus

By on Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pros: "wonderful ride sound system is great"

Cons: "fine line dashboard crack"

"The only con I have with my Lexus is the dashboard cracked from one end to the other after six years. The leather cracked on the armrest after six years. My lexus drives as well as it did when it was new."

Best SUV ever.

By on Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"i had this car since 2003 when i bought it brand new. As of today I have 177500 miles on it with no problems ever. Between 0 miles and 50k, i changed the oil every 5k miles with normal oil, after 50k till present, i used syntetic oil and changed it every 10k miles. I'm getting 16.5 miles per gallon."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GX near Honolulu. See local deals