2013 Lexus GS Consumer Reviews

Incredible

By on Monday, June 6, 2016

Pros: "Luxury, tech, handling, safety, brakes, sound sys."

Cons: "Voice commands"

"It's simple-drive this car, then... Go to other makes in this class and drive their models... You'll be back. That's what I did. What???-the seats, the sound system, the amazing handling, the brakes, the sneaky refined power, the luxury? Then think... Do you want to shell out $ for repairs? Do you want a car that's stuck on the side of the road? Or worse That gives out in mid traffic? Do you want top of the line luxury that lasts? This car is the a winner ALL the way around!"

BEST VEHICLE IN IT S CLASS

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2015

"SEATS ARE SUPER COMFORTABLE, I WISH THEY ADD A MASSAGE FEATURE, HANDLIND IS SUPER. YOU ARE FLYING."

Best value in its class BY FAR

By on Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pros: "Great power, every desired feature, top quality"

Cons: "Styling takes getting used to"

"I'm a guy with well above average interest in cars. In the last 20 years, I have owned six cars in the GS/E-Class/5-Series class. This is my third Lexus GS and it is an outstanding car. Two points first. 1. We need to be honest and admit that the Germans overprice their cars. Not to take anything away from them, but it has become increasingly difficult to rationally justify the premium. They do not hold their value better than Lexus and their quality is not up to the Lexus bar. If you like the styling, features, driving characteristics, cache or ergonomics of one car over another, buy it and enjoy. Just be honest that you are not spending that much more for a better car. 2. Historically, the biggest difference between Lexus and the Germans was ride and handling. As I have gotten a little older (50 is now in the rearview mirror) the harshness of the German ride got harder and harder to take. I want to feel the road, but around the greater Chicagoland area, feeling the full scourge of every pothole can make a guy really cranky when he gets out of his fancy car. The current generation GS is a marked improvement in driving capabilities over its predecessors, particularly handling. The historical gap between the GS and its german competitors is nowhere near where it once was. I haven't shipped the car over to Nurburgring to run the loop and doubt anyone else will do that either. But for daily driving and hitting twisty country roads, it is tough to beat the GS in the handling category. As to ride, I don't think you can select any car in this class and judge one better than another. They are different. The GS has great rigidity while not rattling bones. I prefer that choice for reasons stated above. The car has every bell and whistle one could want. I learned years ago that buying an extended warranty is a waste of money as nothing ever goes wrong with Lexus cars. The new styling is OK. I liked the previous generation more but think the minor tweaks to the current generation made for 2016 make a major improvement. The car feels luxurious and no one confuses it with a Taurus or Accord. Overall, both thumbs way up."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted