ZIP code

2009 Lexus GS

Based on 255 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Great midsize luxury alternative

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"Like the styling and performance much more than a Mercedes E-Class. The controls on a 5 Series BMW are exasperatingly frustrating compared to the Lexus. The build quality of the GS certainly exceeds either of those alternatives. It has a snug feel, but I like it. If I was any taller (6'1"), I wouldn't be able to fit, but that's the price of the sleek roofline. Lots of great features at a price of about $8000 less than the competition. I briefly considered an M35, but don't like the styling, dash, or the driving feel."

quality vehicle

By on Monday, September 29, 2008

"I love this vehicle. It is lacking in the power of my old BMW V8 but I'm not complaining about 24 avg mp gallon. Hwy gas mileage is approx 28. You can't beat the quality of leather."

Highly refined car

By on Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Wow what a car. Have had car for just a short time but very goog first impression. Smooth and quiet ride. Car has all the whistles. Plenty of power and also milleage is decent for 8 cylinder. On a recent trip averaged 26 mpg highway. Car is not a total luxury ride like your fathers car. But if your looking for a compenation of ride and performance this is the car for you. Lexus has hit the target with this car."

Navigation System - Poor

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"Overall, this car has excellent curb appeal and interior looks. However, it has the worse navigational system of any factory installed system I have ever had owned (4 previous). It is not user friendly at all and even the "experts" at the Lexus dealer had trouble explaining how to use it. (One salesperson said I wasn't the first to complain about it...) If you are thinking about buying a Lexus w/a navigational system - don't!!! You will be disappointed, I guarantee!"

BEst car ever no probelms at all with 141k no leak

By on Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cons: "interior lighting is dim. wish it was brighter"

"no oil leaks or problems. amazing car plenty of pwr . awd has great traction and performance"

Reliable ...Just a great car

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Best driving car I have ever owned"

Cons: "Not so great on gas !!"

"Nothing negative to sat except for the fuel usage."

Outstanding car.

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"Like. This car has comfort, convenience, and performance. Things are designed so well that after driving for a few thousand miles the comfort and convenience systems disappear. Example: The dash illumination is controlled by light sensors in the cabin. If you drive into the sun you can see them without strain, if you turn a corner they dim (no longer into the sun), but you can see them just as well. You don't notice that they dim. The car is quiet and the seats have lots of adjustability just what you need for a long trip. I have had no maintenance issues at all. Dislikes. The run flat tires wear quickly and add an undertone of harshness to the ride."

28MPG , 340hp, every gadget possible, looks great!

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Great Value in a Luxury Sedan. MPG, Performance"

Cons: "None and beleive me I am picky!"

"For the money I can't think of another car I'd rather own. I have gotten 28 mpg with this car combined driving. It looks awesome, have not had one problem with it. With 340HP it has unbelievable power for a full size sedan. The Mark Levinson sound system is a must have as it gives this car a home theater quality sound system with surround sound that is un believable. Once again Lexus got it right. I am so glad I traded my Mercedes in on this GS450H. Now if I can just get my wife to drive her BMW instead of my Lexus, I'll be even happier."

Very professional and comfortable ride

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable and professional ride"

Cons: "Not a red Ferrarri"

"When I drive or ride in this car, I feel like I am in a private plane. The ride is so smooth and I always receive comments from others about how great it looks inside and out."

Worth every dollar!

By on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"I previously owned a 1999 GS 300, that was totaled in a car accident. I was originally going to purchase an 04 or 05 LS 430. During my research I saw the GS 430 and fell in love reading about it. It had all of the bells and whistles and gave me a Sporty / Luxury vehicle with power. I test drove one and I was totally hooked. I found a great deal on line, and flew to Minnesota and drove back 19 hours in two days. I am so glad that I purchased the 2006 GS 430 and not the 04 or 05 LS. The car is everything that I read about and thought that it would be. Worth every dollar, Lexus did a GREAT job, they truly did their homework! Thank You"

Excellent vehicle for price

By on Monday, June 28, 2010

"I recently purchased a used 2007 GS350 with low miles (41,000). When I was shopping I was also looking at BMW 5 series, Mercedes C300 and Acura TL. Love the vehicle so far. I was very specific on the features I was looking for. All in all love the drive. Has the a good acceleration and was able to do a road trip from Dallas to Austin to get a good feel of highway driving. Love the comfort and technology. Not sure what everyone was taking about with the bluetooth. I was able to synch up with my blackberry and use it all the time for in care conference calls."

2006 Lexus GS-300

By on Thursday, March 11, 2010

"Excellent fuel mileage --- which is the best thing about this vehicle. Driven it ALL over the U.S. and average about 33 mpg on highway; about 26 mpg city. Some real bad human factors problems: No dome light; pop down tray for many controls hazardous to reach for when you're driving; some controls are touch screen; some are push/toggle. Ride not that great. Performance is very good with this 3 Liter engine but probably not as good as the neweer GS350 with the larger engine -- but gets better gas mileage on premium or mid-grade gasoline."

Great value

By on Saturday, January 16, 2010

"2 1/2 years and 19,000 miles later, my 2007 GS is like new. Very comfortable, excellent ride, nice insulation from outside when driving, performance, brakes - Nothing NOT to like about the car. Except...and this is minor, I've had one mechanical issue (bad EGR valve) and two electrical problems (bad a/c fan motor and driver's side mirror motor) but the Lexus dealer replaced both items by the next day. My issue is these are quality check issues (all occurred within 6 months of ownership). Nevertheless, nothing has occurred that prevented the car from starting up in the morning. . I'd prefer driving a comparably equipped MB E class but not at a $11,000 premium. Whenever the time comes, I'll get another Lexus. Expensive - yes but the value is there."

Besides rattles - Awesome

By on Friday, January 8, 2010

"This car really satisfies my need for performance, acceleration, great radio, but still enough room for 2 carseats and AWD for the snow. I feel relaxed driving it, but can punch it when I want. Can't wait to see what they come up with on the redesign!"

Worth the money

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

"It has been completely trouble free for 2 years and 54,000 miles. still get 29 miles to the gallon"

GS 350 AWD

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Overall, very impressive auto. Voice activated system is a joke, my Honda's works better. The Lexus system has difficulty understanding. Lack of command menu makes it difficult to learn. Performance is really great. Cruise at 75 and average around 30 mpg. Leave most cars in the dust with excellent acceleration. I'd buy one again IF they fix the voice activation program."

GS 350 AWD

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"I have had the car for nearly two years now. There has been some "creaking" in the dash in the cold, COLD Minnesota winters, but the dealer dealt with them under warranty. The care is really fast. Great handling! Quick, QUICK and a great bang for the buck. Not as smooth as my LS 400, but much sportier. I really like it. Blows "sports cars" away with a stealthy appearance."

Luxury car with a kick!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"I love our new GS350. It has over 300 hp which is more than a stock Mustang GT! This thing has style, class, and will fly!"

Great car for all purposes

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"This is a four door that seats five and has a large trunk. I saw a review that said it was too slow. This car breaks 14 seconds in the 1/4 mile! It has rear wheel drive and his-n-hers automatic shifter like the old GTO's. We have owned our GS350 for a year and it averages about 25 mpg overall. We have owned two other Lexus vehicles in the past 12 years and the only repairs were new tires and batteries."

Very Nice Car

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"I bought my GS350 in October of 06, it's a 07 model. I love everything about this car with the exception of the trunk space, the seats don't go down which is a pain. Though this car isn't meant to carry heavy bulky equipment, it would still be nice to know that it could. The AWD is awesome in the snow and rain."

good car

By on Monday, December 10, 2007

"nothing bad to say but this car is getting to small for my family so its time to move on"

Not too happy

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"I bought this car for the gorgeous red color, but found that wasn't a good enough reason! The headlights are aimed poorly, the interior lighting is insufficient, the control panel on the left of the steering wheel is a pain, the car needs more horsepower and the rain sensing wipers are awful! I'm trading it in next month for an RX! Anyone looking to buy this car should drive it at night before making a decision."

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"I purchased my GS 350 in January, this year. This vehicle is equipped with the most sophisticated and ergonomical technology on the market. The NAV system is very basic and self explanatory, yet limitless, and all of the electronics are easy to understand. The car has a very slight delay on take off; this is due to Lexus' very luxurious and smooth driving experience. However, the car is equipped with a "performance" switch which, when activated, increases initial acceleration and torque, completely eliminating all lag. It doesn't get much more invigorating than launching an extremely inviting and technological machine to 60mph in 5.5 seconds! The adaptive headlights are extremely affective. I will never purchase another car without that feature. The Mark Levinson sound system is spectacular, and adjustable in many ways - including the ability to turn the surround sound effect on or off! The ride is spectacular and very quite. If you don't mind spending about $50-55k, I highly recommend this vehicle."

Awesome vehicle - beautiful

By on Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pros: "Great value and excellent ride"

Cons: "Expensive gas required; supreme"

"Love Lexus - this model especially"

Love this car!!!

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

"I buy a car every two years when I traded out of my GS to another brand I had to get the GS back. Now I will only trade for a newer GS. I rated the 8's because there were significant changes to the interior and nav systems 09 and newer."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals