2008 Lexus GS

Based on 254 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

By on Saturday, June 20, 2009

"Overall I really love the car. I do alot of long distance driving, so I really appreciate the quiet ride, and the exceptional gas milage. I frequently get 30 + MPG on the freeways here in CA. The car handles well, although it is not as precise and agile as our BMW 530i. While both cars are very quiet, the GS 300 is quieter on rougher surfaces. The interior is very hansome, comfortable, and still looks new after 4 years. The car has had no problems for the 48000 miles I have owned it, except for a rear parking sensor which has been replaced twice. I would really recommend this car to anyone who wants luxury and performance at a reasonable price. A few small gripes: Interior lighting is way too dim. Xenon headlights are not great. Several of the control buttons are in a little drawer, which has to be opened first."

By on Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Got the '08 GS 460. Black on Black with Black Lexus rims. The car has lots of curb appeal but plenty of substance. Not quite as dynamic as the 7series but then I get to drive it (7 was always in the shop). Plenty of get up and go. Luxurious. Sound system is fantastic. What a car. Handles curves quite well. Had an LS 430. This is MUCH nicer. Lexus has made a big step toward competing with the Germans."

my new lexus

By on Friday, April 4, 2008

"THIS IS MY THIRd NEW lexus in the last 6 years, a new GS300, is250AWD,i purchased a new GS350awd, two months ago,it has only 500 miles on it. IT HAS A bad whine in the transmission,sounds like a bad torque convertor.I TOOK THE CAR TO THE lexus dealer where i bought it, and after the servce MANAGER ROAD TESTED THE CAR HE SAID THE WHINE IS NORMAL FOR THE AWD MODEL. i would like to know if anyone else that has a GS350awd,has the same problem ?"

Great combination of comfort and performance

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, gas mileage"

Cons: "Headroom in front, hump in middle back seat"

"My first Lexus. After comparing BMW 5, Merc E and Infiniti G, I went w/ the GS as a CPO and have had no problem whatsoever. The car is beautiful inside and out. It is smooth and quiet, with enough grunt when needed and enough handling when called for. I don't drive very rough, so my GS does not need to be firm like a BMW. Road noise and gas mileage are excellent. My wife and I can't wait to get in and drive long distances. Z-rated tires are great! Dealership in northern CA is great, even taking care of a seat belt that does not retract fast enough!"

Great Vechicle

By on Sunday, April 3, 2011

"Live in Michigan and have the GS 300 AWD, excellent handling with snow tires which I change out with summer ones. Bought it used at 42,000 miles. Presently have 120,000 miles and it has been a excellent vehicle and highly recommend the car."

GREAT CAR

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"I'VE OWNED THIS GS350 4YRS NOW AND IT'S BEEN A GREAT CAR. THIS IS MY THIRD LEXUS SINCE 1993 AND THEIR QUALITY IS STILL THE BEST. I HAVE OVER 60,000 MILES ON IT AND IT DRIVES AND HANDLES LIKE THE DAY I DROVE IT OUT OF THE DEALERSHIP. THE CAR IS QUICK AND TIGHT. I GET 22 TO 23 MILES PER GALLON AROUND TOWN AND I'VE GOTTEN AS HIGH AS 32.6 ON THE HIGHWAY AND THAT'S DOING 5 TO 10 MILES OVER THE POSTED SPEED. I HAVE BEEN ONE TO BUY OR LEASE A NEW CAR EVERY FEW YEARS, BUT I'M CONSIDERING KEEPING THIS ONE AND SEE HOW MANY MILES I CAN PUT ON IT. GREAT CAR. THE ONLY REASON I DIDN'T GIVE IT ALL 5 STARS, MY WIFE AND I FIND THE SEATS ON THE HARD SIDE ON LONG DRIVES, BUT THE HEAT AND AIR IN THE SEATS ARE GREAT. WE HAVE DRIVEN THIS CAR ACROSS COUNTRY ON VACATION IT'S JUST A PLEASURE TO DRIVE."

best of everything

By on Friday, February 19, 2010

"gs 350 purchased new 9/07 has been flawless since day one, rides smooth & quite and i average 22 mpgs city 27 hwy. has 35k miles now still has original tires yokahama a10s looks like theyll make 40 berfore i get new ones. will most likely buy new gs when body changes next year if it looks as good as this one. this is my 2nd lexus and i would recommend a gs350 to anyone who wants a reliable luxury sports sedan."

Why buy anything else?

By on Monday, January 4, 2010

"I knew the market going in, but did a lot of research anyway when I purchased this car. Can't understand the draw of a 5-Series for $7-9K more. I admit to not enjoying the BMW's "feel every pebble in the road" appraoch to suspensions, but how do buyers justify all that extra money? For less power, more service issues and bone rattling? Come on. The A6 was only $4-5K more, but the same question is relevant. What do you get for that extra money? The A6 is significantly wider than the GS as well as longer and taller. Yet none of that girth results in more interior room. The M35 was slightly less expensive, but in 2007 had much less power. The M is a tough competitor, but ergonomics and better option packages made the GS a better buy. The GS is truly fast. I hadn't had a ticket for nearly 10 years before buying this car and I got two in the first month. Acceloration is excellent, but watching what it does to fuel economy on that little digital display is a limiter. Handling is good, controls very well laid out and options abound. Wish List: 1. Lexus needs to offer some better color choices. The Smokey Granite looks like a dirty black car in winter. The Mercury Metallic (Silver) doesn't sparkle and always looks dirty. The Blue is too dark to differentiate from black and the Gold looks like beige wall paint. 2. Can't they offer a better use of the ashtray space? 3. A longer seat bottom for taller drivers would be a great feature. One warning: don't waste money on the extended warranty - you'll never need it."

Great car overall....save for gas though

By on Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pros: "comfort, looks, ageless styling, luxury"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE - and that's really it"

"I own an 06 GS430 with 78k on it now. Purchased at 64k CPO from a Lexus dealer. I fell in love with it at first sight. Very well put together and overall fit and finish. Extremely smooth ride and decent engine. In 06 im sure the v8 with 300hp was a lot but anymore now that isn't much compared to many v6's out there like those nissan/infiniti use. But theres nothing like the pull of a v8 engine. Be prepared to spend a lot of money on gas though. If you arent ready for 16mpg avg city and max 24mpg on road trips then this isn't your car. Go get a 300 or 350 instead. I dont drive far for many commutes at all (15-25 mi/day) and avg 50/wk to keep the needle towards full. Reliability is where it is at though along with value. I purchased used at 24k and trade in is still around the 18k mark with private party value showing avg of 20-23k. Good luck doing that in anything else. I'd say if you were on the fence about this car to just go ahead and buy it. You wont have any regrets. Just make sure you find one certified pre owned or pay the money to get it certified. You wont be upset."

Love it so much...gotta do it again!

By on Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pros: "Good value, great ride, phenomenal performance!"

Cons: "None for me..."

"Best car I've ever owned!!! I absolutely adore my 07 GS350! It's stylish and elegant! It has great "get up and go! And it's very reliable! I love it so much I'm trading in "Smokey" for "Smokey 2". Yep that's right...same car, same color, newer year! Honestly, I just want that new car smell...that's the only reason...lol. #dontjudgeme. If you're looking to compare this car to anything else...just stop looking! You can't go wrong with a Lexus GS! Period."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals