2006 Lexus GS

Based on 254 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

MY sixth lexus

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"I PURCHASED A NEW lexus GS350 AWD LAST MONTH,CURRENTLY HAVE ONLY 350 MILES ON IT, THIS IS MY 6TH LEXUS,IN THE LAST 8 YEARS. i HAVE A WHINE IN THE TRANSMISSION AND THE TRANSMISSION DOES NOT SHIFT THE WAY IT SHOUD. R"

surprisingly good mpg

By on Monday, June 27, 2016

Pros: "quiet, performance, luxury"

Cons: "more head room would be welcomed"

"I bought my 08 GS350 3 years ago with 88k miles. I have not had a single repair. I take my car to Toyota for maintenance. The Toyota dealer has significantly lower rates. I currently have 140k trouble free miles. I love the power of my gs350. It is far better than my last Lexus (05 es330). However, when i avoid using the power I am rewarded with awesome mpg. I routine average 25-26 mpg in mixed driving. The highway mpg is surprising. According to my calculations, I averaged 34.9 mpg (car mpg indicator higher) on a recent trip from TX to FL and back. I used some hypermiling techniques. I inflated the tires from 32 to 44 psi, used a/c sparingly, and traveled at 65 mph. I plan to keep this car a long time. A friend of mine has 250k on his gs. The only repair he experienced was trannie replacement about 200k miles."

Absolutely Fantastic Vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Great, smooth power, and Levinson sound is amazing"

Cons: "Being 6'4", I wish the seat retreated a bit more"

"I previously owned a used 2003 ES300 for about 7 years. It was a fine vehicle, and proved very reliable. So, naturally when it was time for a new car (and a bit of an upgrade), Lexus was tops on my list. I narrowed my choices to a CPO Mercedes Benz 2009 CLS550 (a beautiful car!), and this CPO 2009 GS350. The prices were very near equal (though the CLS550 had about 5k more miles), and I thoroughly inspected, tested, researched, and debated. In the end, the GS offered a specatularly smooth and powerful ride, understated yet sophisticated good looks, but, most importantly, I knew the reliability of a CPO Lexus from Sewell Lexus in Dallas would be extremely high, and from my research, the CLS550 would have far higher costs associated with fixing any problems that arose than the GS would for identical issues. I made the purchase a few months ago of the GS350, and I am so happy with my decision!"

Love this Lexus. By far, best car I've ever owned.

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Fast , Comfortable and Quiet. Great gas milage."

Cons: "Premium fuel required"

"Bought new in 2007. Absolutely best car I have ever owned. I've had no issues or problems and everything still works. Highly recommend this car if you want luxury and sporty, all in one. I can get as much as 28 mpg at 60 mph. At 70 mph, expect about 26 mpg, and 19 mpg city... Great on gas! Love this car. ..smooth, quick and quiet!"

Not as fun as my Audi's but a lot cheaper

By on Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pros: "Fun to Drive...decent power for V6"

Cons: "Hood takes a beating from stones on the highway....(:"

"Overall good car. Comfortable. Low profile tires a little loud...AWD good....small gas tank. Seem to be at the gas pump often...but far less expensive to service (reccomended) than German cars......Back up Camera Key with blind spot rear view from window"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals