2003 Lexus GS

9.3

Based on 294 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

By on Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"I have driven a Lexus for the past 12 years, I have always bought used because it is a great car at a great value and the certified pre owned is excellent. I started with the ES first then the GS. Just bought my 4th GS, 2 of the ones i had in the past were totaled in accidents (not my fault), I was not injured in either, this car holds up great in a serious accident. Once you own one you really dont want to drive anything else. Just bought a 2006 IS 250 for my mom, she loves it."

Love It!!

By on Monday, January 17, 2011

"2nd one Ive owned and I love it! My sister has a RX350 and she loves it. Our family has had BMW, Mercedes and Cadillac. Nothing compares to the whole Lexus line up. They get great fuel mileage and run forever! If you are in the market for a luxury car. Give it a chance and you will be hooked. Hope this helps anyone looking for a new car."

Without a doubt, the best car I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

"No mechanical problems in almost 11 years. Remarkable!"

I love it more and more as the years go by!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "It fun to drive and super reliable"

Cons: "see comment above re: rear wheel drive"

"This is my third lexus but my first GS. My first two were ES models, and they began to nickel and dime me after about 30,000 miles. This car has been very reliable and has not needed anything besides tires, oil changes and other mundane maintenance - incredible for a 12 year old car. It has rear wheel drive, which I consider a plus, but it can cause skidding when accelerating on wet pavement"

Good reputation

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Value, reliability, smoothness"

Cons: "Size and handling"

"Bought a 01 GS300 with 90k miles for my wife. The previous owners were families and the old mother-in-law bought it brand new and "sold" it to her son-in-law at 55k miles. She kept a full service record at Lexus dealership. The son was a DIY guy but still kept the car in a good shape. The car got adequate power to accelerate with regard to the engine size, quiet, and smooth. Leather seats have the best material (way much better than the freaking cheap BMW5 "leather" of that age) but the front seats are not quite comfortable. Limited head room and handling is so-so. Love sitting in the back seats though but have to sit in the front to drive it for the most of time:( A/C is ice cold, even colder than my 08 Accord V6 coupe!- very important in the summers of Texas. Sad that it does not have cooled seats:( BTW, the battery still looks like the original one after ten years of use in Texas! (I've read some posting saying the battery on this car lasted for nine years). Read a lot of five-star reviews of this car regarding its bulletproof quality and reliability. Hope I will be one of the happy customers as well after 150k miles:)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals