1999 Lexus GS

9.3

Based on 294 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

What a car

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "quality and reliability"

"This is truly an amazing offering from Lexus. Being a Lexus you expect that quality and reliability are the highest rated in the market, My car still drives like a new car and far better than any other luxury car in the market."

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY GS!!!!!

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "great sound system, good on gas, looks incredible"

Cons: "There is nothing missing on the car."

"I am stuck on the Lexus brand and will never go anywhere else. The comfortable ride to the premium sound has me stuck. Great job Lexus!!!!"

best for the buck

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "very fast fun and modern bodystyle"

Cons: "they dont put the 1uzfe engines in the newer gs's"

"these cars are amazing. they have a tremendous amount of power so you can baby the thing while your doing 100mph down the highway at 2rpms very comfortable. no other 98' to 02' bodystyle will turn heads like this with toyota v8 reliability."

One word - Awesome!

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Very fun and comfortable to drive. Roomy in back."

Cons: "Not the best in the snow, requires snow tires."

"My favorite of all the cars I've owned. Great power, handling, and comfort. Never had a mechanical issue with it, and it's at around 115k miles."

Great value in a used car

By on Thursday, February 23, 2017

Pros: "dependabilty, reliability, style"

"Recently bought a one-owner 1998 GS300 with 282,000 miles. Unbelievable how an almost 20 year old car is more reliable than other makes of new cars. If you know the Lexus brand you know this car will run for many years without a problem as long as the maintenance is done. The early model Lexus GS and LS are some of the most reliable cars ever made."

LUV My First Lexus! 1999 GS 300 Spectacular!

By on Monday, May 1, 2017

Pros: "Fun, Fast, Sleek Stylish"

Cons: "Cant add Theft Tracking or Lexus Safety Connect"

"I truly luv my First Lexus, this 1999 GS300 is like a 2017 to me! Lol This car had one owner was garaged and well maintained. I had a 1997 Mitsubishi Galant Es since 1999, so this Lexus was a major upgrade for me in March 2016 - out of the dinosaur age to a new age Luxury Sedan hahaha. I was tremendously impressed that the paint is still shiny steering wheel moves, and garage door opener programmed in the ceiling of the car. This car was way ahead of its time, no more garage door opener yeah! It is truly a clean stunning vehicle my family & friends could not believe it is a 1999. Also, it is clean under the hood engine and transmission great! I had a key fob and minor work done at the Lexus Dealership. My Lexus Service Advisor said it is a great car just high miles. I am a Lexus Lady for Life!"

Awesome auto's

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Pros: "tough as nails engine, and excellet fit and finish"

Cons: "rear wheel drive."

"I own 3 Lexus GS models,'98, '00, and '04. They are by far the easiest vehicles to drive, and more economical in the long run if you just keep up with regular maint. Best engines both 3.0 and 4.0"

a keeper

By on Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"I purchased my car new & it has about 147,000 miles & is still going strong. Other than the display on the radio slowing fading out, we have never had any major issues. This car handles like a dream & my husband loves to drive it as well. If you change the oil regularly & keep it serviced, this car will last a very long time. We plan to drive it until the wheels fall off."

Love my Car, is not for sale.

By on Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful car"

"I bought it brand new I would say that this is the best investment for a car I have made. It runs like new.I love the smooth, comfort, security, gas mileage,etc. I always get good complements from people. Even though is a 2002 model, still looks nice parked outside."

Love, Love Love It!!!

By on Friday, December 2, 2011

Pros: "Drives great, comfortable, and nice looking."

Cons: "Parts can be expensive."

"I purchased this car when it was two years old, I kept it for 9 years until it was totalled in an accident (thankfully no one was hurt)!!! I would have kept it another 9 years if it were not wrecked. It is beautiful inside and out, it rides great (even at 237,000 miles). I am in the market for another one now. This is a high quality,high luxury car."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Great color, Rides quiet"

Cons: "Tan interior,Headlights need polishing"

my parked pride!

"Bought this 1998 GS300 used in 2006 had 56,000 miles in 2011 it has 105,000 I just love my car. Ive only had to replace 2oxygen sensors since I have had car! The only thing the tan interior I never liked it always gets dirty but easy to clean. If I was to trade car in it would be for another GS 300 since 2007 was the last year they were built. So for now I hold on to my GS.... Would recommend car to anyone you'd love also!"

my parked pride!

GS300 is rock solid

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"This car is just plain solid and reliable. 53K miles with no noises just solid performance. MPG is good as well. I avg 22MPG in mixed driving. Straight I6 engine is VERY smooth. Some are saying Lexus should have never switched. This car is a safe used buy even with high miles."

A Great Car

By on Friday, September 5, 2008

"If you can afford this car buy it. This is my third Lexus they all have been great. '92 ES 161000 not a problem, '98 LS 144000 not a problem."

Great Vehicle to own

By on Thursday, September 4, 2008

"I have to say, I've always loved Toyotas, and when I saw the Lexus come out with the GS 300 series in 1998, I was in love with that style. I finally bought mine in 2000. I've had it since then and its a great car to have. The ride is so smooth and it handles great. Also with gas prices going up, I have to say I love having this car, it's great on gas. I would reccomend this car to anyone who loves having a car that is sporty yet formal. Instead of paying so much for a BMW or a Mercedez Benz, you'll get better quality, for a lot less $$$."

Smooth, Fast, Reliable, Sick!

By on Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"This is my fifth car since getting my license. My first 4 cars being a 1999 Nissan Altima, 1993 Ford Taurus Wagon, 1994 Acura Integra and a 1995 Audi 90. As you can see, all 4 of those cars are opposites and in relation to my fifth car, it follows trend and is nothing like the others. As an avid fan of the 4 headlight setup on the 1994-2001 Acura Integra, The GS430 also sports a 4 light model. The styling on this car is absolutely amazing. The way the fenders curve out for the wider tires in the back to the way a chrome line follows the car. Everything is just so in place in tasteful. The taillights offer a since of defining styling characteristics for the vehicle. Obviously this car would never blend in, but the tail lights give the car a nice rear end. The performance of the car is something else. In a 3700 pound+ car with 300 HP/325 lb ft of torque has no problem of taking off from any speed. The true grunt of the vehicle is seen when nailing the throttle from 40mph. The car will get you to 60 in under 6 seconds and be quiet while its doing it. The car is so smooth that the speedo is heavily relied upon for speed. The car doesn't offer a sense of speed. With that in mind, you must be careful driving this vehicle especially on the highway. It can get you into trouble if you don't pay attention to your speed. My GS430 has never spent a day at the shop other than oil changes and scheduled maintance. Nothing has ever failed for no abrupt reason. The cars reliability is a true testiment to its build quality. The car handles well for what it is and the VSC system does a great job of minimizing tire spin. ECT Snow option is available and will allow the car to start out from stops in 2nd gear to allow traction to be more easily attained. Flipping the ECT power button however unleashes the beast that is under that hood, however will also lower your gas mileage. Overall I say this is a perfect car for anyone as long as you are responsible and don't drive it like you stole it. It truely is a beautiful piece of machinary. Learn to respect it and care for it and it will do the same to you. A+."

I love this car

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride, reliable, great value!"

Cons: "Parts are expensive if not under warranty."

"I got this car because I liked the way it looked and because it was a Lexus I knew it would be made well. What I didn't know was that I would love this car and that I would keep it so long because it was reliable and just an all around great car."

Love This Car!!!!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I got this car in amazing condition with only 92,000 miles on it for $8,400. What a steal! It's the best car I've ever owned. It's 11 years old and there is absolutely no problems with it! It runs like a brand new one! People ask if it's new. I would recommend everyone to get this car or any Toyota product! Scion, Toyota, or Lexus. Toyota knows what they're doing! They're number 1 for a reason!"

By on Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"I have driven a Lexus for the past 12 years, I have always bought used because it is a great car at a great value and the certified pre owned is excellent. I started with the ES first then the GS. Just bought my 4th GS, 2 of the ones i had in the past were totaled in accidents (not my fault), I was not injured in either, this car holds up great in a serious accident. Once you own one you really dont want to drive anything else. Just bought a 2006 IS 250 for my mom, she loves it."

Love It!!

By on Monday, January 17, 2011

"2nd one Ive owned and I love it! My sister has a RX350 and she loves it. Our family has had BMW, Mercedes and Cadillac. Nothing compares to the whole Lexus line up. They get great fuel mileage and run forever! If you are in the market for a luxury car. Give it a chance and you will be hooked. Hope this helps anyone looking for a new car."

Without a doubt, the best car I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

"No mechanical problems in almost 11 years. Remarkable!"

I love it more and more as the years go by!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "It fun to drive and super reliable"

Cons: "see comment above re: rear wheel drive"

"This is my third lexus but my first GS. My first two were ES models, and they began to nickel and dime me after about 30,000 miles. This car has been very reliable and has not needed anything besides tires, oil changes and other mundane maintenance - incredible for a 12 year old car. It has rear wheel drive, which I consider a plus, but it can cause skidding when accelerating on wet pavement"

Good reputation

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Value, reliability, smoothness"

Cons: "Size and handling"

"Bought a 01 GS300 with 90k miles for my wife. The previous owners were families and the old mother-in-law bought it brand new and "sold" it to her son-in-law at 55k miles. She kept a full service record at Lexus dealership. The son was a DIY guy but still kept the car in a good shape. The car got adequate power to accelerate with regard to the engine size, quiet, and smooth. Leather seats have the best material (way much better than the freaking cheap BMW5 "leather" of that age) but the front seats are not quite comfortable. Limited head room and handling is so-so. Love sitting in the back seats though but have to sit in the front to drive it for the most of time:( A/C is ice cold, even colder than my 08 Accord V6 coupe!- very important in the summers of Texas. Sad that it does not have cooled seats:( BTW, the battery still looks like the original one after ten years of use in Texas! (I've read some posting saying the battery on this car lasted for nine years). Read a lot of five-star reviews of this car regarding its bulletproof quality and reliability. Hope I will be one of the happy customers as well after 150k miles:)"

Ferocious performance with sublte luxury

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "performance, reliability, luxury"

Cons: "only premium gas"

"This car seems pretty rare. I looked for a very long time for this car in my area. I finally found one and snagged it up. To sum up this car its a luxury car with a BEAST under the hood. I put a cold air intake system on it and it could beat Mustang GT's all day long. The look on their faces were priceless. Gas mileage is actually pretty good for a v-8. You cant go wrong with this car"

I love this car

By on Sunday, September 11, 2011

Cons: "No radio controls on the steering wheel"

"I bought this car used with 6000 miles and have now owned it for 5 years and have put 90,000 miles on it. It is a great car. The only thing I have done is the scheduled maintenance. I am having the timing belt changed next week."

187000 worry free miles. very low maintenance

By on Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pros: "low maintenance"

Cons: "body style not dynamic like BMW and E350"

"turn key car. no running to dealers for ongoing service"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals