ZIP code

1998 Lexus GS

9.3

Based on 294 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

I love it more and more as the years go by!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "It fun to drive and super reliable"

Cons: "see comment above re: rear wheel drive"

"This is my third lexus but my first GS. My first two were ES models, and they began to nickel and dime me after about 30,000 miles. This car has been very reliable and has not needed anything besides tires, oil changes and other mundane maintenance - incredible for a 12 year old car. It has rear wheel drive, which I consider a plus, but it can cause skidding when accelerating on wet pavement"

Good reputation

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Value, reliability, smoothness"

Cons: "Size and handling"

"Bought a 01 GS300 with 90k miles for my wife. The previous owners were families and the old mother-in-law bought it brand new and "sold" it to her son-in-law at 55k miles. She kept a full service record at Lexus dealership. The son was a DIY guy but still kept the car in a good shape. The car got adequate power to accelerate with regard to the engine size, quiet, and smooth. Leather seats have the best material (way much better than the freaking cheap BMW5 "leather" of that age) but the front seats are not quite comfortable. Limited head room and handling is so-so. Love sitting in the back seats though but have to sit in the front to drive it for the most of time:( A/C is ice cold, even colder than my 08 Accord V6 coupe!- very important in the summers of Texas. Sad that it does not have cooled seats:( BTW, the battery still looks like the original one after ten years of use in Texas! (I've read some posting saying the battery on this car lasted for nine years). Read a lot of five-star reviews of this car regarding its bulletproof quality and reliability. Hope I will be one of the happy customers as well after 150k miles:)"

Ferocious performance with sublte luxury

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "performance, reliability, luxury"

Cons: "only premium gas"

"This car seems pretty rare. I looked for a very long time for this car in my area. I finally found one and snagged it up. To sum up this car its a luxury car with a BEAST under the hood. I put a cold air intake system on it and it could beat Mustang GT's all day long. The look on their faces were priceless. Gas mileage is actually pretty good for a v-8. You cant go wrong with this car"

I love this car

By on Sunday, September 11, 2011

Cons: "No radio controls on the steering wheel"

"I bought this car used with 6000 miles and have now owned it for 5 years and have put 90,000 miles on it. It is a great car. The only thing I have done is the scheduled maintenance. I am having the timing belt changed next week."

187000 worry free miles. very low maintenance

By on Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pros: "low maintenance"

Cons: "body style not dynamic like BMW and E350"

"turn key car. no running to dealers for ongoing service"

Best Car I've ever owned

By on Thursday, February 3, 2011

"I bought this car brand new in 2002. I have literally never had a single problem with it. The car wasn't cheap new but I probably would be on my 3rd domestic vehicle by now so it is a wash."

2000 gs best vehicle ever!!!!

By on Monday, May 31, 2010

"one of the best vehicles on the road now! i have not had any problems with this car what so ever, and it has 173,000 miles on it. it drives like new, just do the regular oil change and its ready to go. i cant say one bad thing about this car, my next car would be the LEXUS LS430!!!! can't wait"

best vehicle i ever bought so far

By on Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"everything is easy and feels great when u accelerate miles dont mean anything for this car i have 201000 miles and it runs like it has low miles runs better then every year 2000 and under car i purchased"

Surprise Surprise

By on Sunday, June 7, 2009

"I've had my car for a number of years and no real problems at all. The car still operates like it did when I purchased it. If I wasn't in financial ruins, I wouldn't even be considering letting my car go, however, I paid nearly $38,000 for the car six years ago and now you can't even get a car lot to offer you $10,000 for it. I know cars loose their value soon as you drive off the lot, but in mint condition with all the bells and whistles, and a $8,500 offer from a car lot was an insult. My custom wheels and tires nearly cost that. I may be in diar need of cash, but I will just let it sit before taking that big a loss especially when I know how good it runs and how clean it is inside and out and how good it looks."

Modern Tank

By on Sunday, November 9, 2008

"I have gx 470 vvti, sc 400vvti, and gs 430 vvti. I love Lexus V8s, and I would love to recommend gs 430 to buyers who are looking for premier quality and defined craftsmenship. I love working my cars due to ease of Lexus design and functionality. There are good values out there with high milege beyond 100k, because these cars go beyond 300k with timely and proper care."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals