1998 Lexus GS

9.3

Based on 294 Ratings for the 1998 - 2005 models.

A Great Car

By on Friday, September 5, 2008

"If you can afford this car buy it. This is my third Lexus they all have been great. '92 ES 161000 not a problem, '98 LS 144000 not a problem."

Great Vehicle to own

By on Thursday, September 4, 2008

"I have to say, I've always loved Toyotas, and when I saw the Lexus come out with the GS 300 series in 1998, I was in love with that style. I finally bought mine in 2000. I've had it since then and its a great car to have. The ride is so smooth and it handles great. Also with gas prices going up, I have to say I love having this car, it's great on gas. I would reccomend this car to anyone who loves having a car that is sporty yet formal. Instead of paying so much for a BMW or a Mercedez Benz, you'll get better quality, for a lot less $$$."

Smooth, Fast, Reliable, Sick!

By on Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"This is my fifth car since getting my license. My first 4 cars being a 1999 Nissan Altima, 1993 Ford Taurus Wagon, 1994 Acura Integra and a 1995 Audi 90. As you can see, all 4 of those cars are opposites and in relation to my fifth car, it follows trend and is nothing like the others. As an avid fan of the 4 headlight setup on the 1994-2001 Acura Integra, The GS430 also sports a 4 light model. The styling on this car is absolutely amazing. The way the fenders curve out for the wider tires in the back to the way a chrome line follows the car. Everything is just so in place in tasteful. The taillights offer a since of defining styling characteristics for the vehicle. Obviously this car would never blend in, but the tail lights give the car a nice rear end. The performance of the car is something else. In a 3700 pound+ car with 300 HP/325 lb ft of torque has no problem of taking off from any speed. The true grunt of the vehicle is seen when nailing the throttle from 40mph. The car will get you to 60 in under 6 seconds and be quiet while its doing it. The car is so smooth that the speedo is heavily relied upon for speed. The car doesn't offer a sense of speed. With that in mind, you must be careful driving this vehicle especially on the highway. It can get you into trouble if you don't pay attention to your speed. My GS430 has never spent a day at the shop other than oil changes and scheduled maintance. Nothing has ever failed for no abrupt reason. The cars reliability is a true testiment to its build quality. The car handles well for what it is and the VSC system does a great job of minimizing tire spin. ECT Snow option is available and will allow the car to start out from stops in 2nd gear to allow traction to be more easily attained. Flipping the ECT power button however unleashes the beast that is under that hood, however will also lower your gas mileage. Overall I say this is a perfect car for anyone as long as you are responsible and don't drive it like you stole it. It truely is a beautiful piece of machinary. Learn to respect it and care for it and it will do the same to you. A+."

I love this car

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride, reliable, great value!"

Cons: "Parts are expensive if not under warranty."

"I got this car because I liked the way it looked and because it was a Lexus I knew it would be made well. What I didn't know was that I would love this car and that I would keep it so long because it was reliable and just an all around great car."

Love This Car!!!!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I got this car in amazing condition with only 92,000 miles on it for $8,400. What a steal! It's the best car I've ever owned. It's 11 years old and there is absolutely no problems with it! It runs like a brand new one! People ask if it's new. I would recommend everyone to get this car or any Toyota product! Scion, Toyota, or Lexus. Toyota knows what they're doing! They're number 1 for a reason!"

By on Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"I have driven a Lexus for the past 12 years, I have always bought used because it is a great car at a great value and the certified pre owned is excellent. I started with the ES first then the GS. Just bought my 4th GS, 2 of the ones i had in the past were totaled in accidents (not my fault), I was not injured in either, this car holds up great in a serious accident. Once you own one you really dont want to drive anything else. Just bought a 2006 IS 250 for my mom, she loves it."

Love It!!

By on Monday, January 17, 2011

"2nd one Ive owned and I love it! My sister has a RX350 and she loves it. Our family has had BMW, Mercedes and Cadillac. Nothing compares to the whole Lexus line up. They get great fuel mileage and run forever! If you are in the market for a luxury car. Give it a chance and you will be hooked. Hope this helps anyone looking for a new car."

Without a doubt, the best car I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

"No mechanical problems in almost 11 years. Remarkable!"

I love it more and more as the years go by!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "It fun to drive and super reliable"

Cons: "see comment above re: rear wheel drive"

"This is my third lexus but my first GS. My first two were ES models, and they began to nickel and dime me after about 30,000 miles. This car has been very reliable and has not needed anything besides tires, oil changes and other mundane maintenance - incredible for a 12 year old car. It has rear wheel drive, which I consider a plus, but it can cause skidding when accelerating on wet pavement"

Good reputation

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Value, reliability, smoothness"

Cons: "Size and handling"

"Bought a 01 GS300 with 90k miles for my wife. The previous owners were families and the old mother-in-law bought it brand new and "sold" it to her son-in-law at 55k miles. She kept a full service record at Lexus dealership. The son was a DIY guy but still kept the car in a good shape. The car got adequate power to accelerate with regard to the engine size, quiet, and smooth. Leather seats have the best material (way much better than the freaking cheap BMW5 "leather" of that age) but the front seats are not quite comfortable. Limited head room and handling is so-so. Love sitting in the back seats though but have to sit in the front to drive it for the most of time:( A/C is ice cold, even colder than my 08 Accord V6 coupe!- very important in the summers of Texas. Sad that it does not have cooled seats:( BTW, the battery still looks like the original one after ten years of use in Texas! (I've read some posting saying the battery on this car lasted for nine years). Read a lot of five-star reviews of this car regarding its bulletproof quality and reliability. Hope I will be one of the happy customers as well after 150k miles:)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus GS near Honolulu. See local deals