2013 Lexus ES

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

Excellent daily commuter (premium leather, navi)

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "New sporty design, super comfortable, smooth ride"

Cons: "A bit weak in the cornering department"

"I drove SUV's for the past 20 years and was waiting for midsize hybrids to hit the market before giving up the SUV for commuting. This car is EXTREMELY comfortable for a normal size person. My MPG doubled, so I now gas up only every 2 weeks rather than weekly, and that feels GREAT! (Getting about 36 mpg real life , but I do drive a lot of steep hills) The interior gives a luxury feel, and my kids love riding in the back seat. The smoothness of the ride is wonderful if you drive many miles and prefer comfort over handling (if you get a firmer riding car you can do corners faster but will feel every bump; this is your decision, although the handling and engine response do increase if you switch the ES300h out of ECONO mode and into REGULAR or SPORT mode) I have the standard "Premium " audio system with Navigation (as opposed to Mark Levinson). The Pandora app works fine, but the XM radio or iPOD sound qualities are superior to phone streaming on 3G. I took an old iPOD I never use and loaded it up,, leaving it in the glove out of site and plugged to the USB input. The car is designed to show iPOD and phone music nicely on the navi screen. Overall, sound system is extremely clear, only lacking in bass power (although you could add that, it might use up a lot of electricity for the big extra amp), and part of the fun of this car is when it switches into full EV mode , saving you on fuel. I highly recommend including the package with backup camera and parking assist sensors. The camera is very well directed to make backing into a tight space much safer. I drove the Avalon, and the car, although similar, was not the same quality level as the Lexus version, and also is a bit longer. The Lexus has a much better quality interior. For a car that is this comfortable and luxurious under 50k including tax and license, this one is a no brainer. My rides are now too short because I enjoy them so much I just want to keep going!"

Glad I Got It!

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Style, quiet, confidence in safety and reliability"

Cons: "Audio FM reception"

"This car is fun to experience with all the electronics and style and quiet. Has plenty of acceleration for freeway entrance in Sport mode. Blind spot side-mirrors are very helpful. Navigation system provides great job with advance warnings AND images of upcoming turns.(I had a 1998 Avalon I bought new before this; the 2013 Avalons look like a shark to me from the front with teeth in the lower grill, so I sprung for the Lexus.) I expect to keep it 15 years, so got the extended warranty. One con I've discovered so far: audio FM reception is inferior and has low volume compared to satellite stations. Too bad it doesn't "normalize" the volume output when changing from one to the other. Lots to learn via 3 inches thick all in English manuals."

My Fifth ES350

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, seats #1 comfortable"

Cons: "only one D/C outlet up front"

"I first drove the 2013 ES at a Lexus demo drive and fell in love with the ES all over again. No matter what the car magazines may tell you, the ES is fun to drive as well as quite, a soft ride and endless creature comforts. The new selectable "sport" mode changes the handling quite a bit. I can feel the difference in steering the moment it is selected. This is my 5th ES and I wouldn't own any other car. I have put over 250K miles total on the 5 I've owned and have never had any trouble with any one except a flat tire and a mud flap falling off. The ES is a great car, a bit pricey, but worth the money. 2013 model gets better gas mileage as well. And I love the blind spot monitors. Don't buy one without that option!"

This Lexus is an outstanding value for the money!

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle, fun to drive and luxurious!"

Cons: "No negatives, required service is only once a year"

"We love this car. It drives great and has all the bells and whistles that make driving a mid-size luxury vehicle a rewarding experience. My wife has taken it away from me. Be sure and get the upgraded wheels, the GPS and the Mark Levinson sounds system. The Technology will blow you away. I can call up the weather, it will read me my e-mails, I can look up my stocks and I have already downloaded all of my tunes from my I-phone into the Lexus. Also, don't think that it doesn't have enough power, it does all the while getting 21 in town and 29 on the road. Fabulous vehicle!!"

Great merge of a hybrid and luxury car

By on Monday, February 4, 2013

Pros: "Ample acceleration even uphill"

Cons: "Large profile does not fit easliy in parking space"

"This is my first Lexus and first hybrid vehicle and I couldn’t be more thrilled. The car is well-appointed with many of the qualities you find in a correspondingly priced luxury vehicle. The ride is remarkably smooth, serene and tranquil; perhaps the best in the price range. After 4 hours of interstate driving my wife and I felt energetic, alert and completely without auto fatigue. I find acceleration outstanding and astonishingly good considering the engine size and mileage numbers. On the interstate I am getting 40 miles per gallon. The front seats are amazingly exquisite with enough adjustments to comfort even the most distasteful backache. The back seats are roomy and not confined with ample head and leg room. The new exterior profile is far from uninteresting or dull and the spindle grill adds to the overall ambience of excellence. Overall, money well spent to get the best of its class."