2013 Lexus ES

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

I would live in this car if I could

By on Thursday, March 9, 2017

Pros: "Comfort, safety & milage!"

"OK, so sure, Im an old guy. Stepping up from the CT, this car is just gorgeous. I make a lot of long drives, and this is the most comfortable car Ive ever owned. Im not a speedster, I just want to get where Im going without my back killing me, and I love the 44mpg I get on highway."

well thought out and executed....

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "great value and content"

Cons: "no all wheel drive option."

"Great car on so many levels....drives better than the experts would suggest. great content for the money. gets 50% beter mileage than my previous car ans uses regular and 10K miles between oil changes at 4.00+ a gallon that is significant savings. The dealer experience was awesome....not wonder they have a strong brand following. As one magazine said it is 80% of the LS for 50% of the price!"

NOISE AT 75 MPH

By on Saturday, November 12, 2016

Cons: "TERRIBLE INTEREST IN UNHAPPINESS WITH CAR"

"THE CAR BEHAVES BEAUTIFULLY IN CITY DRIVING. WHEN TAKEN ON THE HIGHWAY AND HIT 75MPH SOUNDS LIKE A HURRICANE IN THE CABIN. TOOK TO LEXUS WITH ONLY 1700 MILES ON A 2016 AND TOLD NOTHING WRONG, SOUND WAS WIND OVER THE SIDE VIEW MIRRORS, IF SO, TERRIBLE DESIGN AND ENGINEERING. NOTHING WAS DONE..... HAD A 2007 LEXUS AND DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM."

Very reliable, great curb appeal w 18"opt. wheels

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Reason: new corvette

Pros: "Great looking car, very reliable"

Cons: "18" wheels are great looking, but they ride harder"

"Lexus makes the JDPowers top list all the time for few repairs, but they discourage and give you a hard time to correct a problem if it costs too much. My Lexus had 14M when I showed my dealer that that coating on all 4 wheels looked like the coating was getting thin and was spotty. Very noticeable. Pictures were then sent to Lexus for review. After about 4 weeks, Lexus informed me that they would not repair or replace them. I am retired and take excellent care of my car. It doesn't take any Einstein to figure out that it was a defect in material or workmanship! It's always nice when you don't have to deal with issues like this one."

Excellent daily commuter (premium leather, navi)

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "New sporty design, super comfortable, smooth ride"

Cons: "A bit weak in the cornering department"

"I drove SUV's for the past 20 years and was waiting for midsize hybrids to hit the market before giving up the SUV for commuting. This car is EXTREMELY comfortable for a normal size person. My MPG doubled, so I now gas up only every 2 weeks rather than weekly, and that feels GREAT! (Getting about 36 mpg real life , but I do drive a lot of steep hills) The interior gives a luxury feel, and my kids love riding in the back seat. The smoothness of the ride is wonderful if you drive many miles and prefer comfort over handling (if you get a firmer riding car you can do corners faster but will feel every bump; this is your decision, although the handling and engine response do increase if you switch the ES300h out of ECONO mode and into REGULAR or SPORT mode) I have the standard "Premium " audio system with Navigation (as opposed to Mark Levinson). The Pandora app works fine, but the XM radio or iPOD sound qualities are superior to phone streaming on 3G. I took an old iPOD I never use and loaded it up,, leaving it in the glove out of site and plugged to the USB input. The car is designed to show iPOD and phone music nicely on the navi screen. Overall, sound system is extremely clear, only lacking in bass power (although you could add that, it might use up a lot of electricity for the big extra amp), and part of the fun of this car is when it switches into full EV mode , saving you on fuel. I highly recommend including the package with backup camera and parking assist sensors. The camera is very well directed to make backing into a tight space much safer. I drove the Avalon, and the car, although similar, was not the same quality level as the Lexus version, and also is a bit longer. The Lexus has a much better quality interior. For a car that is this comfortable and luxurious under 50k including tax and license, this one is a no brainer. My rides are now too short because I enjoy them so much I just want to keep going!"

Glad I Got It!

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Style, quiet, confidence in safety and reliability"

Cons: "Audio FM reception"

"This car is fun to experience with all the electronics and style and quiet. Has plenty of acceleration for freeway entrance in Sport mode. Blind spot side-mirrors are very helpful. Navigation system provides great job with advance warnings AND images of upcoming turns.(I had a 1998 Avalon I bought new before this; the 2013 Avalons look like a shark to me from the front with teeth in the lower grill, so I sprung for the Lexus.) I expect to keep it 15 years, so got the extended warranty. One con I've discovered so far: audio FM reception is inferior and has low volume compared to satellite stations. Too bad it doesn't "normalize" the volume output when changing from one to the other. Lots to learn via 3 inches thick all in English manuals."

My Fifth ES350

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, seats #1 comfortable"

Cons: "only one D/C outlet up front"

"I first drove the 2013 ES at a Lexus demo drive and fell in love with the ES all over again. No matter what the car magazines may tell you, the ES is fun to drive as well as quite, a soft ride and endless creature comforts. The new selectable "sport" mode changes the handling quite a bit. I can feel the difference in steering the moment it is selected. This is my 5th ES and I wouldn't own any other car. I have put over 250K miles total on the 5 I've owned and have never had any trouble with any one except a flat tire and a mud flap falling off. The ES is a great car, a bit pricey, but worth the money. 2013 model gets better gas mileage as well. And I love the blind spot monitors. Don't buy one without that option!"

This Lexus is an outstanding value for the money!

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pros: "Great vehicle, fun to drive and luxurious!"

Cons: "No negatives, required service is only once a year"

"We love this car. It drives great and has all the bells and whistles that make driving a mid-size luxury vehicle a rewarding experience. My wife has taken it away from me. Be sure and get the upgraded wheels, the GPS and the Mark Levinson sounds system. The Technology will blow you away. I can call up the weather, it will read me my e-mails, I can look up my stocks and I have already downloaded all of my tunes from my I-phone into the Lexus. Also, don't think that it doesn't have enough power, it does all the while getting 21 in town and 29 on the road. Fabulous vehicle!!"

Sweet Ride

By on Friday, November 1, 2013

Pros: "Really comfortable. Cool technology, reg gas!!"

Cons: "none yet."

"Got the 2014 in Fire Agate, ES300h. Price just $100 more than the 2013 edition,but little to no changes overall. We got the luxury package with the navigation system. The cars at this level come with rain sensing wipers (works great), blind spot monitors, parking assist etc. Able to get the list price down by about $2700. The 2 sets of key fobs remembers the individuals seat, mirrors and steering wheel position along with the temperature setting. The technology is very interesting. When you get a text, it reads it to you, nice feature. Supposed to have a reply feature with 15 prescripted responses, but according to Lexus that feature not enabled by Apple yet??? It automatically plays my iTunes with one touch of a button, another nice feature. Getting 37 mpg and this car is built to use regular gas. With the 17 gal tank it specs to over 600miles per tankful."

Great merge of a hybrid and luxury car

By on Monday, February 4, 2013

Pros: "Ample acceleration even uphill"

Cons: "Large profile does not fit easliy in parking space"

"This is my first Lexus and first hybrid vehicle and I couldn’t be more thrilled. The car is well-appointed with many of the qualities you find in a correspondingly priced luxury vehicle. The ride is remarkably smooth, serene and tranquil; perhaps the best in the price range. After 4 hours of interstate driving my wife and I felt energetic, alert and completely without auto fatigue. I find acceleration outstanding and astonishingly good considering the engine size and mileage numbers. On the interstate I am getting 40 miles per gallon. The front seats are amazingly exquisite with enough adjustments to comfort even the most distasteful backache. The back seats are roomy and not confined with ample head and leg room. The new exterior profile is far from uninteresting or dull and the spindle grill adds to the overall ambience of excellence. Overall, money well spent to get the best of its class."