2013 Lexus ES

Based on 69 Ratings for the 2013 - 2018 models.

2014 ES 300H

By on Thursday, July 20, 2017

Pros: "luxury ride, great mileage, nice appeal"

Cons: "lack of electric trunk lid"

"Bought the car new and loved it ever since. The car has a luxury feel, smooth ride and gets wonderful mileage. Mileage now at 32000 and never had any mechanical issues, I have only followed maintenance schedule. It still looks brand new. I have no complaints. If your looking for a performance car, this is not it. But if you want a solid smooth nicely performing sedan, this is it. We are looking at buying another one since this is a 2014."

Great car!

By on Thursday, May 18, 2017

"PROS: Lexus quality and dependability. Comfortable. Love blind spot monitoring and radar cruise control. CONS: Getting 40 mpg on highway, but city driving is about 33, even with eco button staying on. Little trunk space and not much glove box or storage inside."

Awesome Car

By on Monday, October 2, 2017

Pros: "reliability and Mileage"

Cons: "Nothing specific, probably less powerful"

"This is a great car to own. Ive 2015 model and around 30k on it. No trouble so far. Never had any issues. Ride is comfortable and smooth (not ideal for drivers who like more power). Also there is noise as the automatic transmission shifts through the initial gears and it is due to chain drive used. I would highly recommend it."

well thought out and executed....

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "great value and content"

Cons: "no all wheel drive option."

"Great car on so many levels....drives better than the experts would suggest. great content for the money. gets 50% beter mileage than my previous car ans uses regular and 10K miles between oil changes at 4.00+ a gallon that is significant savings. The dealer experience was awesome....not wonder they have a strong brand following. As one magazine said it is 80% of the LS for 50% of the price!"

Very reliable, great curb appeal w 18"opt. wheels

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Reason: new corvette

Pros: "Great looking car, very reliable"

Cons: "18" wheels are great looking, but they ride harder"

"Lexus makes the JDPowers top list all the time for few repairs, but they discourage and give you a hard time to correct a problem if it costs too much. My Lexus had 14M when I showed my dealer that that coating on all 4 wheels looked like the coating was getting thin and was spotty. Very noticeable. Pictures were then sent to Lexus for review. After about 4 weeks, Lexus informed me that they would not repair or replace them. I am retired and take excellent care of my car. It doesn't take any Einstein to figure out that it was a defect in material or workmanship! It's always nice when you don't have to deal with issues like this one."

Glad I Got It!

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Style, quiet, confidence in safety and reliability"

Cons: "Audio FM reception"

"This car is fun to experience with all the electronics and style and quiet. Has plenty of acceleration for freeway entrance in Sport mode. Blind spot side-mirrors are very helpful. Navigation system provides great job with advance warnings AND images of upcoming turns.(I had a 1998 Avalon I bought new before this; the 2013 Avalons look like a shark to me from the front with teeth in the lower grill, so I sprung for the Lexus.) I expect to keep it 15 years, so got the extended warranty. One con I've discovered so far: audio FM reception is inferior and has low volume compared to satellite stations. Too bad it doesn't "normalize" the volume output when changing from one to the other. Lots to learn via 3 inches thick all in English manuals."

My Fifth ES350

By on Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, seats #1 comfortable"

Cons: "only one D/C outlet up front"

"I first drove the 2013 ES at a Lexus demo drive and fell in love with the ES all over again. No matter what the car magazines may tell you, the ES is fun to drive as well as quite, a soft ride and endless creature comforts. The new selectable "sport" mode changes the handling quite a bit. I can feel the difference in steering the moment it is selected. This is my 5th ES and I wouldn't own any other car. I have put over 250K miles total on the 5 I've owned and have never had any trouble with any one except a flat tire and a mud flap falling off. The ES is a great car, a bit pricey, but worth the money. 2013 model gets better gas mileage as well. And I love the blind spot monitors. Don't buy one without that option!"

I would live in this car if I could

By on Thursday, March 9, 2017

Pros: "Comfort, safety & milage!"

"OK, so sure, Im an old guy. Stepping up from the CT, this car is just gorgeous. I make a lot of long drives, and this is the most comfortable car Ive ever owned. Im not a speedster, I just want to get where Im going without my back killing me, and I love the 44mpg I get on highway."

Excellent daily commuter (premium leather, navi)

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "New sporty design, super comfortable, smooth ride"

Cons: "A bit weak in the cornering department"

"I drove SUV's for the past 20 years and was waiting for midsize hybrids to hit the market before giving up the SUV for commuting. This car is EXTREMELY comfortable for a normal size person. My MPG doubled, so I now gas up only every 2 weeks rather than weekly, and that feels GREAT! (Getting about 36 mpg real life , but I do drive a lot of steep hills) The interior gives a luxury feel, and my kids love riding in the back seat. The smoothness of the ride is wonderful if you drive many miles and prefer comfort over handling (if you get a firmer riding car you can do corners faster but will feel every bump; this is your decision, although the handling and engine response do increase if you switch the ES300h out of ECONO mode and into REGULAR or SPORT mode) I have the standard "Premium " audio system with Navigation (as opposed to Mark Levinson). The Pandora app works fine, but the XM radio or iPOD sound qualities are superior to phone streaming on 3G. I took an old iPOD I never use and loaded it up,, leaving it in the glove out of site and plugged to the USB input. The car is designed to show iPOD and phone music nicely on the navi screen. Overall, sound system is extremely clear, only lacking in bass power (although you could add that, it might use up a lot of electricity for the big extra amp), and part of the fun of this car is when it switches into full EV mode , saving you on fuel. I highly recommend including the package with backup camera and parking assist sensors. The camera is very well directed to make backing into a tight space much safer. I drove the Avalon, and the car, although similar, was not the same quality level as the Lexus version, and also is a bit longer. The Lexus has a much better quality interior. For a car that is this comfortable and luxurious under 50k including tax and license, this one is a no brainer. My rides are now too short because I enjoy them so much I just want to keep going!"

NOISE AT 75 MPH

By on Saturday, November 12, 2016

Cons: "TERRIBLE INTEREST IN UNHAPPINESS WITH CAR"

"THE CAR BEHAVES BEAUTIFULLY IN CITY DRIVING. WHEN TAKEN ON THE HIGHWAY AND HIT 75MPH SOUNDS LIKE A HURRICANE IN THE CABIN. TOOK TO LEXUS WITH ONLY 1700 MILES ON A 2016 AND TOLD NOTHING WRONG, SOUND WAS WIND OVER THE SIDE VIEW MIRRORS, IF SO, TERRIBLE DESIGN AND ENGINEERING. NOTHING WAS DONE..... HAD A 2007 LEXUS AND DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM."