2013 Lexus ES

Based on 63 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

Very Nice Car

By on Sunday, January 1, 2017

Pros: "Smooth, quiet, stable around corners, great seats"

Cons: "Don't have any yet"

"I have the car for over a week now and it runs pretty smooth and quiet. I read a previous review who said that the car has loud turbulence noise at 75 mph or more and I was concern about it so I tested the car up to 80 mph to make sure the wind noise is not excessive. I could hear the noise around the side view mirror increased slightly, but not excessive. The good thing is that the noise does not leak into the cabin so it is just a low fainted noise and it does not bother me. The acceleration is good and most of my driving fall under Eco mode. The car display information is a lot and it breaks down to multiple categories with more detail info under each category. You just need to get use to tuning the display to the info screen you want to see. Sync blue tooth device and home link garage opener is pretty straight forward and easy. Using the hand free phone feature is great and the mic pick up my voice pretty good and I don't have to repeat words as I do with my 2007 Camry."

well thought out and executed....

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "great value and content"

Cons: "no all wheel drive option."

"Great car on so many levels....drives better than the experts would suggest. great content for the money. gets 50% beter mileage than my previous car ans uses regular and 10K miles between oil changes at 4.00+ a gallon that is significant savings. The dealer experience was awesome....not wonder they have a strong brand following. As one magazine said it is 80% of the LS for 50% of the price!"

Very reliable, great curb appeal w 18"opt. wheels

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Reason: new corvette

Pros: "Great looking car, very reliable"

Cons: "18" wheels are great looking, but they ride harder"

"Lexus makes the JDPowers top list all the time for few repairs, but they discourage and give you a hard time to correct a problem if it costs too much. My Lexus had 14M when I showed my dealer that that coating on all 4 wheels looked like the coating was getting thin and was spotty. Very noticeable. Pictures were then sent to Lexus for review. After about 4 weeks, Lexus informed me that they would not repair or replace them. I am retired and take excellent care of my car. It doesn't take any Einstein to figure out that it was a defect in material or workmanship! It's always nice when you don't have to deal with issues like this one."

Excellent daily commuter (premium leather, navi)

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "New sporty design, super comfortable, smooth ride"

Cons: "A bit weak in the cornering department"

"I drove SUV's for the past 20 years and was waiting for midsize hybrids to hit the market before giving up the SUV for commuting. This car is EXTREMELY comfortable for a normal size person. My MPG doubled, so I now gas up only every 2 weeks rather than weekly, and that feels GREAT! (Getting about 36 mpg real life , but I do drive a lot of steep hills) The interior gives a luxury feel, and my kids love riding in the back seat. The smoothness of the ride is wonderful if you drive many miles and prefer comfort over handling (if you get a firmer riding car you can do corners faster but will feel every bump; this is your decision, although the handling and engine response do increase if you switch the ES300h out of ECONO mode and into REGULAR or SPORT mode) I have the standard "Premium " audio system with Navigation (as opposed to Mark Levinson). The Pandora app works fine, but the XM radio or iPOD sound qualities are superior to phone streaming on 3G. I took an old iPOD I never use and loaded it up,, leaving it in the glove out of site and plugged to the USB input. The car is designed to show iPOD and phone music nicely on the navi screen. Overall, sound system is extremely clear, only lacking in bass power (although you could add that, it might use up a lot of electricity for the big extra amp), and part of the fun of this car is when it switches into full EV mode , saving you on fuel. I highly recommend including the package with backup camera and parking assist sensors. The camera is very well directed to make backing into a tight space much safer. I drove the Avalon, and the car, although similar, was not the same quality level as the Lexus version, and also is a bit longer. The Lexus has a much better quality interior. For a car that is this comfortable and luxurious under 50k including tax and license, this one is a no brainer. My rides are now too short because I enjoy them so much I just want to keep going!"

NOISE AT 75 MPH

By on Saturday, November 12, 2016

Cons: "TERRIBLE INTEREST IN UNHAPPINESS WITH CAR"

"THE CAR BEHAVES BEAUTIFULLY IN CITY DRIVING. WHEN TAKEN ON THE HIGHWAY AND HIT 75MPH SOUNDS LIKE A HURRICANE IN THE CABIN. TOOK TO LEXUS WITH ONLY 1700 MILES ON A 2016 AND TOLD NOTHING WRONG, SOUND WAS WIND OVER THE SIDE VIEW MIRRORS, IF SO, TERRIBLE DESIGN AND ENGINEERING. NOTHING WAS DONE..... HAD A 2007 LEXUS AND DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM."