2005 Lexus ES

9.4

Based on 289 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

9.7/10

Bought new! Have enjoyed it tremendously.

By on Sunday, May 29, 2016

Pros: "nice ride. reliable."

Cons: "cup holders shallow"

"Have services done routinely. No mechanical issues. few small scratches nd dings. Paint good. still rides well."

Excellent auto. Good power. comfortable ride.

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

"Great ride. a little soft as it got older. Easy on tires. engine did not burn any oil. Reliable."

Still Going Strong at 219000K!!!

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "Realiability, Power Uphill, Smooth ride"

Cons: "Cup holders in front are lame"

"GREAT for a commuter car, like sitting on the couch 2-3 hours a day. Am second owner, bought mine w/70k. Have a heavy foot so mine chews front brakes, still chugging along, only did brakes, oil, tires, and battery. Can pass everyone going up hill doing 85 w/o breaking a sweat. Heard complaints about hesitation in the tranny (mine does this too sometimes) not a reliability issue. Don't buy the story about changing the timing belt at 60k either *fingers crossed*. Good for cops too...if they see past the tint I added they expect an older man or woman (sorry ladies and gentlemen) driving this car...not me!"

ES330 - Total Value and Luxury

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"I've always wanted to own a Lexus, and recently got my chance with a Certified 2005 ES330. Want a wonderful car. Three years old and looks and smells brand new, without the brand new price. Great comfort, nice quite smooth ride, and a ton of amenities such as in-dash Navigation and an outstanding sound system. Acceleration is not outstanding but not bad - the 3.3 liter engine provides very good passing power but you have to put your foot into it. The only thing I don't like is the CD changer is in the center console instead of in the dash (the ES350 series took care of that problem). I had driven the Camry for years with zero problems, but the Lexus is a step or two up. Check out a 2005 or 2006 - Lexus dealers are willing to negotiate price, and most come with a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty included in the price. And, for my fellow Camry drivers, you might be surprised to know that a pre-owned ES330 is not that much more than a comparably equiped Camry of the same year and mileage. Bottom line, if you liked the Camry, you will love the ES330 - a super car overall!!"

This is the 2nd Lexus I have owned

By on Monday, May 23, 2016

Pros: "Holds its value, at 230,000 miles was still great."

Cons: "Just the cupholder as I mentioned below."

"I have taken my car in every 3000-4000 miles for an oil change and a checkup. My first Lexus I drove for 180,000 miles and then bought my current one. I wanted to drive my current Lexus for a couple of additional years but unfortunately I had an accident and the vehicle will be totalled. The only complaint I have ever had with my car is that the cup holder is shallow and not very stable with taller drinks. My large Starbucks cup (filled with iced tea) was always falling into the passengers side floor. What type of car will I be purchasing this week...you guessed it..a Lexus."